Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#101462 04/21/08 03:11 PM
W
WAY2GO Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
W
Congrads go to USA United 95 U12g for winning the State Cup this weekend. Your hard work paid off!!

bench
bench
Congratulations girls!!

I
goal
goal
I
Congratulations are in order, they played nice soccer all weekend... this group will probably be heard from again.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Should congratulate all

U09 Boys Recreation
SSC U 9 Arsenal Columbia United Gremio 1st, 2nd
U09 GIRLS RECREATION
JIYSC 98 LUNA-CHICKS U9G CUFC - Boavista Panthers 1st, 2nd
U10 BOYS BLUE RECREATION
Blue Crab United Blue Crabs CUSC U10 White 1st, 2nd
U10 GIRLS RECREATION
SSC Spartans Hampton-Varnville United 1st, 2nd
U12 BOYS RECREATION
CUFC Juventus FC Lakelands Toros United 1st, 2nd
12 GIRLS RECREATION
Furman United Soccer Club LRSC Lightning 1st, 2nd

U09 BOYS ACADEMY
Coast 98 Red - Columbia United 98 Red 1st, 2nd
U10 BOYS ACADEMY DIV A
Lexington United Blue - Lexington United White Hurricanes 3:1
U10 BOYS ACADEMY DIV B
CUFC 97 boys black - 97 CASA Crush 1st, 2nd
U10 GIRLS ACADEMY
Columbia United Girls 97 Black - Lexington Girls U10 White 97 1st, 2nd
U11 BOYS ACADEMY
SSC Predators - CUSC 96 White 10:2
U11 GIRLS ACADEMY DIV A
Lexington United 96G - Columbia United 96 Girls Red 6:2
U11 GIRLS ACADEMY DIV B
Columbia United FC 96 Girls East - JIYSC U11G Red Foxes 4:0
U12 BOYS ACADEMY DIV A
BCU Academy Gold - BCU Academy Red 1:0
U12 GIRLS ACADEMY DIV A
SSC Spirit - ICE BREKERS 1:0
U12 GIRLS ACADEMY DIV B
USA United 95 - CUSC '95 WHITE 1:0

I
goal
goal
I
Congrats to all... good job, be proud.

O
throw in
throw in
O
Absolutely !!! All the boys/girls that participated are to be congradulated on a great weekend. This tournament is quite special.

W
WAY2GO Offline OP
bench
OP Offline
bench
W
I am sorry to have missed the weekend. I was told it was an awesome weekend for players, coaches, and parents. Congrads to all SC players, coaches, and parents!!

C
kick off
kick off
C
It was a great weekend of soccer the bad weather holding off was definately a plus. lots of positives across the board for different soccer clubs.

Congrats to all.

Hope for the best but always prepare for the worst.
I
bench
bench
I
Congrats USA that is awesome!!! Perhaps you should give that Summerville team a one game playoff to see which division A or B was tougher.

C
kick off
kick off
C
Quote:

Congrats USA that is awesome!!! Perhaps you should give that Summerville team a one game playoff to see which division A or B was tougher.

We have played each other several times this past season. I did speak with their coach on sunday and we will probably set something up again in the future.

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Quote:

If they wanted to play the winner of the A division, they should have played in the A division. Just my $0.02

I
goal
goal
I
or they could have done as others and try to play down to win... my .02 worth This was their first season at the Academy level, beat a team that was playing U13 then came back to U12 Academy, and beat them. pretty cool.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
I looked at the schedule and to my knowledge there are no teams that played U13 and went back to the Academy state cup... which team do you believe did this?

Last edited by futbol(soccer); 04/22/08 01:25 PM.
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
I looked again and in fact there are no teams that USA played that played up in U13 either in the fall or the spring. There are 4 '95 age girl teams playing in the U13 age group

CUFC 95 Elite and MPSC 95 both playing U13 classic
CESA 95 P and LCSC 95 White both playing U13 challenge

CUFC is #1 out of 7
MPSC is #5 out of 7
CESA is #5 out of 11
LCSC is #6 out of 11

I believe that SCYSA would not allow this to occur. I think there is a requirement that you must play in the state cup for the age group you registered. It also means that none of the players in these teams would beavailable to the academy as they have to be registered as U13 and therefore no longer pool eligible.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
AS I no longer see DSC in the sites , maybe DSC and Lancaster are the same. ????

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
If you look at the registered teams for the U13 division, both the CUFC and MPSC teams are playing U13. Apparently, DSC couldn't field a team at U13, they do seem to have a U12 team though as does Lancaster (according to the website).

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
DSC was registered as a 94 team in the fall... maybe they were mostly 95s and had a couple 94s and have since gone back to 95s. Regardless..Papa Hatfield made a comment without back-up and DSC did not participate.

So who played U13 and moved down??? this would be against the rules as know them. Furthermore it would preclude that team from participating in the state cup for the current U13 season.

O
throw in
throw in
O
Quote:

If they wanted to play the winner of the A division, they should have played in the A division. Just my $0.02

To my knowledge, there was no intentional differences in the setup of the two divisions with regards to skill level. There was simply such a good turnout from the SCYSA academy / classic teams willing to compete for state that there was a need to have two brackets to allow all the teams to play. What would you have called them? Bracket 1 & Bracket 2? People would then say that relates to Division 1 & Division 2. Since the brackets got labeled A & B, now people want to relate this to "A" teams & "B" teams. Phooey - they are all "A" teams.

It would be ridiculous to ask these kids to play 5 games in a weekend. Almost as ridiculous would be to ask them to come back the next weekend to play the final game. There is no regional tournament that this age qualifies for. What would be the purpose? The teams already know each other, have played before, and will play again. The only purpose I see being served by trying to elminate one of them as co-champions would be so that some adults could boast a little bit louder.

Far too often, adults make a mess of youth soccer. Both SSC & USA played where they should have, played hard, and had some very close matches. Neither team asked for a specific placement, and there were no gimmes on either side of the bracket fence. I'm glad both SSC & USA can celebrate and build from this experience.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
O15... since Papa won't say, what team playing U13 played in the U12 state cup?

S
throw in
throw in
S
How about the U-12 rec division? That Juventus team (from CUFC) was the only 'real' rec team there and won the tournament. The LRSC teams were 'all-stars,' Blue Crab plays in tournaments in the Lowcountry (and had a goal differential of 66-2 with no losses coming into the match they lost to Juventus 4-3), and Juventus beat Lakelands Toros in the final. Lakelands plays in the U-12 academy division (Sandlapper League) but was allowed to play in the rec tournament. How is that possible? Either way, the Juve team beat them all ... what a great accomplishment for a team playing at least everyone 50% of the time!

Last edited by Soccer Parent; 04/22/08 05:16 PM.
L
throw in
throw in
L
Do the rules not say that a team must play in a SCYSA recognized league? Do the rules place a limit on the age group that you are playing in? Many teams play up an age during season/league play.

We know

98G Luna-Chicks
A u-9 Rec team playing in the u-10G Sandlapper Division.
I do not remember it saying u-10 Sandlapper academy?
We play to get better - - The competition is what we are after.

FYI --- ---
SO it is very clear. We are a u-9 Rec team by all definitions. We registered for the state cup according to our status knowing full well that some of the larger clubs would consider sending ALLSTAR rec teams (I saw several, and may have even played one) to the State Cup. I also e-mailed SCYSA telling them that "in the spirit of competition" that we would be more than happy to play u-9 rec, u-10 rec or u-9 academy. I left it up to them for placement. JIYSC had a u-11 rec team moved to u-11 Academy just for this reason.

O
throw in
throw in
O
Quote:

O15... since Papa won't say, what team playing U13 played in the U12 state cup?

??? I've heard rumors, but that's about it. Not worthy of repeating. Since players can only compete in one state cup per year, a team coming down from U13 to play U12 would be cup ineligible for the U13 bracket. I really don't see anyone doing that unless perhaps they simply could not compete at the U13 level. IMHO, I think it's highly unlikely that this actually occurred - but if the team was truly U12, then they should be free to make that choice. They should just should be placed in the academy / select bracket.

Soccer Parent,

Kudos to your boys. I personally don't like the idea of putting together "all star" teams for a recreational bracket in a tournament - especially when it's the state tournament. Kind of defeats the whole classification of the bracket. I'm sure any team that shuffled players did it within the boundaries of the rules. Maybe they just couldn't get an entire team to commit, so they had to do some end of season modifications. Whatever the case, it sounds like your boys did more than just survive, they excelled. Great job.

O
throw in
throw in
O
Luna-Chicks,

Any team signing up to play in the the U9 division should expect to get academy quality competition.

Odd number age group year = classic division (U19 excluded)

Perhaps not a hard & fast rule, but a rule of thumb none-the-less. I doubt anybody in your bracket was caught off-guard that the teams would be academy quality.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
O15... thanks for the info... It must definetely be a rumor started by someone who does not know...As I stated before there are only 4 teams playing up.

CESA 95 Premier and LCSC 95 White played each other in Greenville on the 19th (0-0 tie) and there were no reps from either CUFC or MPSC in the cup at that age bracket.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Obadiah ... I wasn't complaining that the LRSC team was "like" an all star team (they indeed may have been comprised of players who just wanted to play), but my point was that our team was about the only "true" rec team in our bracket. We practice once a week and play one game a week (and everyone plays at least half the games). That's what made it great b/c we won playing in the true spirit of recreational sports.

O
throw in
throw in
O
<Thumbs Up> and your group is appreciated for that.

A
throw in
throw in
A
MPSC academy teams don't participate in State Cup...as for the
merits of why they don't....open for discussion

L
throw in
throw in
L
MPSC -
Academy teams Elite and White do not play in leagues.

(a requirement for state cup)

A
throw in
throw in
A
Club policy to not play Sate Cup, disregardless of league play or not. Some MPSC Academy teams played Sandlapper last year. Some Academy teams play LYSA this year. Notice lack of CESA teams as well.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

MPSC - Academy teams Elite and White do not play in leagues.

Then where do they play? Isn't arsenel2 correct that they play in either the Sandlapper League or the Lowcountry Youth Soccer League? Both are SCYSA affiliated and qualify for state cup play.

L
throw in
throw in
L
Only MPSC Academy Maroon teams play LSYSA.
How many play Sandlapper?

How about post a copy of that policy

C
Goal
Goal
C
The vast majority of MPSC Academy teams play friendlies with other clubs and tournaments. Only a few play in a "league".

A
throw in
throw in
A
Last year some MPSC Academmy teams played Sandlapper and were not allowed to play State Cup. It is not the focus of the Academy program to place emphasis on winning. That is what parents were told, when asked why they weren't allowed t play State Cup. Notice how CESA stopped playing Stae Cup at the Academy ages as well..... at the same time.....

Good luck getting that policy in writing.

bench
bench
Congrats to the U-14 Congaree RAPID girls on winning their division!!
Way to go ladies!!

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Fantastic job by Coach Gregg Brazell and the Congaree Rapid RED93 U14 girls team! They have come a long, long way from their inception a few years ago and have really made us proud! Way to go girls!

Congaree Rapid RED93 Girls U14

I
goal
goal
I
Yes, congrats to the Rapid Red93, and USA xplosion both went undefeated in the tournament and it went to the 4th level of tie breaker (goals allowed), in favor of the Rapid Red team... Well done ladies...

The USA U14 boys Rec team under the direction of Kyle Beardsley, won the Championship after two over times and the 8th pk, way to go...

C
kick off
kick off
C
8th pk wow I bet that was a nail biter.

I
goal
goal
I
Kyle's goalie had ice in his veins, blocked three, and made one for his team... The keeper flys around during the game knocking balls down, very cat like I believe his name is Herbie, hope I spelled it right.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
So Papa any other teams that played up and went back down for the state cup?

C
kick off
kick off
C
Quote:

So Papa any other teams that played up and went back down for the state cup?

hahaha easy boys......... good stuff to see though thats the way a finals should be.

good stuff.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
and you took away my star....

O
throw in
throw in
O
I'll echo the congrats to Gregg & the Lady Rapids. Met the coaches at our complex during the season and spoke to some of the girls & the parents at state cup right after we realized they edged us out for the title. That's a great group - a class act. They are great representatives for your club. Be very proud of them.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard