Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#101607 04/21/08 10:13 PM
Eagle#7 Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
Who thinks the red devils will beat the catalan giants this week?

It's Barcelona.

Last edited by Kyle Heise; 04/24/08 01:22 AM.

"THERE IS ONLY 1 RONALDO"
Eagle#7 Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
im goin with Man U to take this game... 2-1 manchester united the winners

goal kick
goal kick
I dont think Man U has a chance at the Nou Camp

kick off
kick off
i would say 2:1 manu...

i hope line up would be

rooney tevez

park carrick anderson C.ronaldo

evra ferdiand vidic brown

kick off
kick off
giggs is too old.... he didnt do well past few games.. so as scholes. Nani needs more time...still great player tho..

Eagle#7 Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
i would have to disagree. i would like to see Nani in place of giggs.. park seems to mess up game changing chances when he plays. he doesn't really change the pace of the game either. And anderson for scholes... anderson just needs more PT to get his confidence up. But other than Nani for giggs and anderson for scholes that lineup looks pretty well put together. nice one Fernando!!!

goal
goal
4-5-1/4-3-3

Van der Saar

Brown Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Hargreaves/Anderson Scholes Carrick

Ronaldo Rooney Giggs

Just a guess. Interesting to see how Evra will deal with Messi down the left - he'll need extra support which probably means Rooney spending most of his time as a winger. It promises to be a really exciting first lef with some dream matchups - Xavi & Deco against Scholes & Carrick in the middle - Eto'o against Vidic & Rio - Henry against Wes Brown!! Rijkaard likes to keep the same system but rotates his players around the positions - I hope Yaya Toure gets in to shore up the midfield and allow Iniesta to push on from the deep role he's been playing recently. If Deco and Xavi can get their foot on the ball United could find themselves in all sorts of trouble trying to track all Barca's runners... but that said, Barca can't defend to save their lives, they're terrible at the back. And with them effectively out of the running for La Liga the Champions League is their only remaining hope of silverware this season.... I hope United progress from the tie as I think they are the only team left in the tournament capable of beating Liverpool in the final. Its going to be an exciting couple of weeks!!

Andrew Foley Head Coach Mens Soccer National University of Ireland, Maynooth
kick off
kick off
Quote:

i would have to disagree. i would like to see Nani in place of giggs.. park seems to mess up game changing chances when he plays. he doesn't really change the pace of the game either. And anderson for scholes... anderson just needs more PT to get his confidence up. But other than Nani for giggs and anderson for scholes that lineup looks pretty well put together. nice one Fernando!!!

C.ronaldo and Nani has same style of playing... i know nani is good player..but he needs more experience. but park? hes true champions league player, remember when he played for PSV, he scores on AC milan at semi final.hes true ability is run all over the place....not selfish and he would pass the ball to open space.. he will run and run until game ends...helps his team out. so i would put nani on sub not starting. when game goes 1-0 manu losing or 0-0 tie... thats the time i would put nani in for attack

kick off
kick off
and please no Scholes .... hes aweful past few games...

maybe hes just back from injury...

rooney tevez

park carrick anderson C.ronaldo

evra ferdiand vidic brown

SUB:Hargreaves,pique,Nani,kusick?(goalie),o'shea

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
Can not wait!! As much as I love old gigsy, he has lost too much pace. He has been largely ineffective this whole season. I do not feel the same way about Scholes as he still seems to be the engine and organizer for me. Aside from his tackles he has had a solid season overall and has a tremendous work rate and is the hardest worker in practice.

I think this game will come down to how Barca defend. United can defend well and Evra (with a little help) should play well against Messi. Both mid-field's are equally good but if Barca can not defend any better than they have vertually all season, they will not advance! It is that simple.

I do not think there is any question about the back line! It will be interesting to see what happens in the mid field for United. If Hargreaves does not start, we are sure to see him at some point unless his knees are hurting. I expect Sir. Alex to be conservative with only one player up top. he may change shape depending on how the game progresses. Let's see if Rooney can shake off that hip injury from the weekend. Carricks passing almost assures him of a spot. Can not see Scholes not starting!

Glory Glory Man United!!!!!

throw in
throw in
manu wins 2-0 goals by tevez and ronaldo

starting line up
Van der Saar

Brown Ferdinand Vidic Evra

C. Ronaldo Anderson Hargreaves/Carrick Nani

Tevez Rooney

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
Last post cause I am taping this! Hargreaves at right back! Thats like pulling an A. Grant with Essien!

Let's go boys.......

bench
bench
Aggregate 0-0 and second leg of the series back in the kingdom. Guess who's got the upper hand at this point? Then again, they're both lucky Derby's not in the league, eh?

Eagle#7 Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
Very entertaining game today! but it seems that barcalona trys to lull thier opponents to sleep with there passing and then out of nowhere pass it to Messi for an easy goal. since it was 0-0 at Camp Nou i'm going to say Man U takes the game at all Trafford with an impressive 2-0 win.

Goal
Goal
It's Old Trafford buddy.

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
I hated that game! United played way to conservative and had no offensive push. Maybe Vidic being out kind of screwed things up although Wes played well.

I think we were luck that Barca can't shoot because we certainly did not possess the ball much. Rafael wil miss the secong legg but Puyol will be back. Barca should have played that well in the league, they may not be out of it as they find themselves now. Messi and Deco looked good considering they have been out of the side for some time.

Boy that PK miss was HUGE! I think that was a big confidence boost for Barca and i expect a great one next Tuesday. I hope United go all out, that was weak yesterday and our offense stayed in Manchester!

kick off
kick off
agree crabb,.. it was boring game but in pro soccer.. result is everything and i repect what MANU did yesterday.

0:0 but manu will take the next game..:) fergurson was smartass...haha

S
Goal
Goal
S
The game was indeed boring and while us fans wanted to see the "normal" ManU offense, the players played exactly how Fergie wanted them to. That's the deal in these 2 legged affairs, particularly at this stage of the competition....play ultra conservative on the road. You're not going to win it in the first leg, but you can sure lose it. With ~$35 million on the line.....results count, not style.

Last edited by Soccer Watcher; 04/25/08 03:38 PM.
goal
goal
United to go through to the final, but I think they're going to have to score at least two at home to get there.

Andrew Foley Head Coach Mens Soccer National University of Ireland, Maynooth
Eagle#7 Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
WOW!!!! now today was a very intense game. how about scholesy! thats his kind of territory. if you cough the ball up anywhere outside the 18 better believe scholes will give it a go. the person that impressed me the most today would definetly have to be messi. what a world class player! HE IS Barcelona FC. now i have full faith in the red devils to win the final, the worst is behind them now.

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

goal
goal
Messi played excellent today. He tried to do too much at times but he was taking people on and had a few good cracks on goal. Unfortunate he couldn't muster up a goal.

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
Messi is a beast but what about Evra? He did everything he needed to do and Rio held things down well without his partner. Barca loves to possess but they must go at goal more. I think what we we saw from them was exactly why they have lost out in their league! It will be interesting to see who they retain for next year.

Let's go to Russia.......

throw in
throw in
Manchester United will fall to the Chelsea blues 3:1 in Moscow.

Long Live the Blues

Nothing is Impossible
brace
brace
Manchester United 2, Chelsea 0. Our favorite CESA coach hates Chelsea.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
Eagle#7 Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
you got to be kidding me Chelseafan5! Man U will rape chelsea in the final. they never play horrible games back to back. Retired,old, and happy seems to have his priorities in check... he knows the real champion of the champions league. We'll just have to watch the red devils embaress chelsea on national television. im gonna say

Manchester United 3, Chelsea 0.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard