World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
If Montoya is 2nd, you know it's bull.

Coach Young #101746 04/27/08 09:48 PM
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
hey, it's talladega. Even Mickey Waldrip has won there.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

It is always fun and games until someone says that high school girls choked. These are 13-17 year olds guys...as far as being outcoached..anyone can coach a group of girls handed to them on a silver platter and I don't even have a dog in the fight

at what age is it ok to say someone choked? when they are 30.im not sure how many 13 or 14 or even 15 yr olds are on a varsity team.if they did not choke then what happened?from your statement they were not outcoached.i do not have a dog in this fight either but i have seen most of the teams in the region play.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Farkas,

Jimbo, huh? are we speaking of the person on this site or the coach at FM? You seem to have a beef with all of FM. Maybe you are the coach (or volunteer assistant) at Clover that has apparently been badly outcoached? ( Seeing as how you are so defensive) Maybe you could schedule yourself into the Viking Cup or FM Invitational. If you want respect, those 2 tournaments would give you some respect.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
world cup
world cup
cid,

Take a chill pill. "Jimbo" was a reference back to the Lizard King.

Go easy on Dr. Farkas.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Don't worry, I'm not upset. I have no vested interest. I just think it's funny. How can you attack a program you have never beaten????

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Don't worry, I'm not upset. I have no vested interest. I just think it's funny. How can you attack a program you have never beaten????

"Farkas,

Jimbo, huh? are we speaking of the person on this site or the coach at FM? You seem to have a beef with all of FM. Maybe you are the coach (or volunteer assistant) at Clover that has apparently been badly outcoached? ( Seeing as how you are so defensive) Maybe you could schedule yourself into the Viking Cup or FM Invitational. If you want respect, those 2 tournaments would give you some respect. "

Dang man.....for someone with no vested interest this is the second time in the recent past you've jumped in on a Clover-FM thread with what could be perceived as negative comments about Clover?

I don't think anyone thinks Clover was outcoached. I think most people think Ashleigh Sheets is a fabulous player that Clover wasn't able to handle.

Both schools are well coached and are excellent teams. Good luck to both in the playoffs.

C
Goal
Goal
C
I have to agree with BD.... both teams are quality sides and well coached. Having played both, Region 2 should get ready for four quality matches.
I do wish posters would stop saying negative comments about both teams. I just had a battle with Clover with both teams having quality chances. Clover ended up with the win 1-0 and the better team that night. Good luck to Region 3, I know we will represent our region well.

Last edited by Cantona; 04/28/08 03:38 PM.
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
And, Big Daddy, on multiple occasion, I have said that I believe Clover to be a quality side. I would have the same response to someone who was bashing Lex., or Irmo, or Wando, or Spartanburg, etc. Both teams are very good and could do well in the tournament. I simply am responding to farkas who believes that clover is "xxxxx times better" then FM. I just don't think you have legs to stand on when you haven't beaten a team. I wish both sides good luck as Region 2 is strong from top to bottom.

world cup
world cup
cid,

I have to agree with Daddy and Cantona. No coaching mistake on the part of Clover, but I do give the FM coach credit for never letting his team quit or think they were out of it.

Bottom line.....Ashleigh Sheets put the Lady Jackets on her back and Lexi Wilden kept her nerve and finished.

Next season Clover will have the best senior in Region 3 4A and that could be the difference in 2009.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard