Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#101864 04/23/08 02:50 PM
F
goal
OP Offline
goal
F
Where could I look to find Massey Power Rankings/Ratings from previous years? I tried to go back through the threads, but I couldn't come up with anything...

Dale? I know you helped with these, any ideas?

World Cup
World Cup

World Cup
World Cup

F
goal
OP Offline
goal
F
You're a Godsend Jr.

F
goal
OP Offline
goal
F
Now if only District 5 wouldn't block every useful link I need! Ughhhh..........

World Cup
World Cup
Feeling your pain over here in Aiken County, brother. Stellar stuff last night, by the way! Father did his best to contain his excitement considering our circumstances

F
goal
OP Offline
goal
F
Thanks, brother. It was a battle, but you take the ones you can get. Hard to imagine having 8 region matches that are potentially tougher than a playoff game, I don't envy you, NA, Irmo, or Aiken! I think dad's truly enjoying himself, which is great for a son to know, esp. when a best friend is giving the dad the opportunity.

goal kick
goal kick
Here's the scoop for 2008, Clover is is better than Ft. Mill if the FM center mid is injured. PERIOD.
And because I'm assuming you guys know what you're talking about, I predicting that FM goes out in game 1 of the tourney, again only if they aren't healthy. Clover is healthy however. As you've noted, they reside in a super weak group with only FM to play as a full challenge. They did well in the two tourneys they played in.
Bottom line, Clover, talented, rarely tested, largely unknown, I wouldn't want to play them in the 1st round.
We shall see.

corner kick
corner kick
*chuckle*
Well boys, the gauntlet is thrown!
Mauldin, S'burg, Byrnes, whoever, better watch out...Here come the Blue Eagles!

Doin' it the hard way...
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
OH Farkas,

Bias are we. Reality check. FM BEAT Clover without said center mid correct? How then is Clover better?
Also, not playing anyone is not keeping you unknown (that was last year), untested, ABSOLUTELY!
I will agree with you that they are highly talented. NO one doubts that, but without a win against a top 25 team, can they play at a high enough level for an entire game, let alone 5 (which is what they would need to win a state title)? According to the paper someone sent me, that was 50 in a row for FM last night. Until Clover beats them, FM is tops.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
By the way, where is Hurst? Maybe he knows how the FM middy is doing.

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
corner kick
corner kick
Rumor has it they are both resting up and getting ready for the playoffs

Doin' it the hard way...
H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Here's the scoop for 2008, Clover is is better than Ft. Mill if the FM center mid is injured. PERIOD.
And because I'm assuming you guys know what you're talking about, I predicting that FM goes out in game 1 of the tourney, again only if they aren't healthy. Clover is healthy however. As you've noted, they reside in a super weak group with only FM to play as a full challenge. They did well in the two tourneys they played in.
Bottom line, Clover, talented, rarely tested, largely unknown, I wouldn't want to play them in the 1st round.
We shall see.

stay calm fartkas. the next 2 years will be clovers chance.they are a good team but wasnt up to ft mill this year.all region 3 teams should stop worring about each other and who is best.you should all worry about getting swept in the first round of the playoffs.that is a big possibility for a region that is getting weaker by the year.

corner kick
corner kick
We could use a certain blonde midfielder to help us out in the future...

Doin' it the hard way...
World Cup
World Cup
What win is supposed to be giving the Clover faithful optimism? If R3 is a mystery, I don't see any wins out of region that show they belong among the elite. Am I missing something?

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

you ft mill people need to get the school board on the same page.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

where is your game recap from last night? did you leave your pencile and paper at home/

corner kick
corner kick
BD beat me to the score. I sent my recap to all of the FM parents. You could always be included

Doin' it the hard way...
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Quote:

you ft mill people need to get the school board on the same page.

Remember, this is the same brilliant school board that gave us 2 high schools...BUT, as their mantra says: "More girls can participate now."

Doin' it the hard way...
goal kick
goal kick
Yikesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

goal kick
goal kick
FM -going down in FLAMES next year.
If only you could open your eyes and get onboard for the big win! But alas, your unable to see beyond your yellow jacket antenna.

goal kick
goal kick
I think I'll compose a ballad in memorium for Ft. Mills former glory. It will be in d minor and incorporate the death march from the Beethoven 3d symphony.
dah dedaaa, de daa, dadah, dedaaaaaa, daaaaaahhhhh

goal kick
goal kick
PS,
If we lose to N Western on Friday, you'll never hear from me again. I shall retire from sports commentary and spread mulch for a living. That would be a tragic loss for the entire SC soccer community so lets all pull Clover,

World Cup
World Cup
Wow. He gets weirder and weirder with every post. This is what happens to people when they don't take their medicine...or don't play anybody during the season and wonder why they get no respect. Been there myself...well, the respect part that is.

corner kick
corner kick
It's enough to make you seriously pull for Cantona and his girls. Go Trojans! Let's move some mulch!

Doin' it the hard way...
World Cup
World Cup
I'm just mad I have to slide my screen over to read the full post now. Pull for Cantona? Whoa, whoa, lets not go in to town and get all crazy.

goal kick
goal kick
Gentlemen of Soccer,
Let me assure you that I'm no stranger than you.
Now, that this has been resolved I must say that I take great offense that you could somehow pull against the "Fightin' Blue Eagles"
in an effort to remove my soccer keyboard.
Come to the game, I'm buying for ALL sc.com members!
Tell the officer at the gate you're with me and just walk right past him!

World Cup
World Cup
That must be some good Beam...

goal kick
goal kick
Despite all my nonsensical posts, I see that I've been rewarded with a gold star. FANTASTIC ! Sadly, I may never make it to the world cup or goal kick status.

corner kick
corner kick
*chuckle*
Not at this rate

Doin' it the hard way...
brace
brace
Who is Massey anyway? Was he the old coach at Brookland Cayce?

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
world cup
world cup
Farkas,

If Clover falls to Northwestern on Friday, you should hire the Marine Corps band to play Beethoven's 3rd. It would be tragic! Even a bit short-handed you should be able to "get'r done" against the Lady Trojans. Remember, second place and a first-round home match in the state playoffs is at stake.

As for the invitation to bypass the officer at the Clover gate....been there, done that......I'll just slip on by.

God.....it's GREAT to be back!!!!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
corner kick
corner kick
Oh my GAWD! I thought you were dead! Wait a minute...that's a line from a bad movie.
At any rate, it's past my bedtime...I'm retiring. Gotta write again tomorrow night.

Doin' it the hard way...
brace
brace
Hurst - welcome back to the planet!

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Who is Massey anyway? Was he the old coach at Brookland Cayce?

Not sure who the "old coach at Brookland-Cayce" was unless you were referring to Bill Brissey who coached football at B-C back in the 60's.

As for 'Massey', check out this link for his information and credentials.

Massey Ratings

brace
brace
Bad joke on the "old coach take" - can you get Massey ratings for this year?

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

PS,
If we lose to N Western on Friday, you'll never hear from me again. I shall retire from sports commentary and spread mulch for a living. That would be a tragic loss for the entire SC soccer community so lets all pull Clover,

im not sure how tragic it will be to the sc soccer community but im sure it will be more tragic than the loss to the exspansion team called NATION FORD since it would be your 4th region loss.dont count out cantona.he may have something up his sleeve.he pushed those ft mill girls to the limit.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Gentlemen of Soccer,
Now, that this has been resolved I must say that I take great offense that you could somehow pull against the "Fightin' Blue Eagles"

i have a coaches pass so i get in free anyway.maybe you can just buy at the barbecue place down the street.

H
brace
brace
H
hurst is back from Elba. next it will be the storming of the la Bastille Saint Antoine. the revolution has started!!!

Last edited by Jim Morrison; 04/24/08 10:05 AM.
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
what i saw on that massey rankings; he has nothing for 2008 just from past years.

Coach Chickering
Camden High Soccer
World Cup
World Cup
2008 would be this year and since the season isn't done, that would explain why they haven't come out yet. It takes a lot of work to get them ready. Every match has to be recorded on a spreadsheet and sent in. I tried and failed one year. Many hours of work go into it Who is on board to help this year?

S
coach
coach
S
Quote:

Who is on board to help this year?

I'd be glad to try to help if help is needed. I'm sure others will as well...

P.S. Please note I dislike the Massey ratings because I've seen how misleading they can be if a team purposely keeps scores from running away -- but I don't know of a better system.

goal kick
goal kick
yep, he seems to do very well with the talent he has. Seen it over and over.

C
Goal
Goal
C
Quote:

PS,

Hey Farkas, You came close from the Mulch!

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Quote:

Gentlemen of Soccer,

i have a coaches pass so i get in free anyway.maybe you can just buy at the barbecue place down the street.

Courtney's BBQ!!!! Not sure what was better....when our "expansion team" beat Clover in Clover, or having the opportunity to swing by Courtney's and pick up a couple of pounds of the best Q in the YC on the way home, along with some red slaw.

Not as good as Midway BBQ in Buffalo, SC tho.....at some point I'm hoping one of my kids teams plays someone from Union so I can hit Midway. If you ever go anywhere near Union....bbq, hash....brunswick stew.....about 8 different types of fatback. Midway is the real deal.

I
goal
goal
I
Yes, the food is great at Midway, but you smell like a pork chop if you eat in... Hint, get it to go.

S
throw in
throw in
S
I grew up in Buffalo and they do sell the best BBQ.My mama worked in the mill down the road about a mile away.She always said that awful smell was Yankees passing by in thier cars after eating at Midway.

sancho
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
HAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!! Hey sancho, mama knows best!!!

I used to work in Union. I'd eat lunch at Midway once a week....that and the gas station up on the fourlane where they served fantastic fried chicken and potato wedges. Forget the name of it...

world cup
world cup
We were discussing Power Rankings and suddenly........

Daddy got hungry!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
brace
brace
BBQ rules! Except for ice cream!

S
throw in
throw in
S
Big Daddy I think that would be The Citco station. For ice cream go to the Dairy-o .They are the two main reasons Union,s Football team is so big.

sancho
brace
brace
That and Mrs. Booker.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Back when I was there Shell Dula was the coach and they won about 3 3A State championships. Same timeframe Spartan high won something like 4 4A state championships in a row. Great high school football.

Friday night away games in Union......people caravanned like the scene in Friday night lights when they are all going to Houston for the State championship. Guys at the plant put "boards" together every week where you could buy squares....kind of like Super Bowl parties. Except it was every week for HS football.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard