Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
Also just for your information.

Tournament games do not count and games that go into PK's are considered ties.

throw in
throw in
Here are my AA Prodictions - BUT, there still are a couple of games left this final week that could determine seedings.
Also, keep in mind that the seeding committee does not like to put Region teams against each other in first round. With that adjustment in mind:

UPPER STATE:
1 - Walhalla
2 - Emerald
3 - Batesburg Leesville
4 - Palmetto
5 - Southside
6 - Gilbert
7 - Saluda
8 - Woodruff
9 - West Oak
10 - Carolina
11 - Pendleton
12 - Mid Carolina
13 - Broome
14 - Ninety Six
15 - Abbeville
16 - Newberry

LOWER STATE:
1 - Bishop England
2 - Waccamaw
3 - Andrew Jackson
4 - Silver Bluff
5 - Barnwell
6 - Wade Hampton
7 - Marion
8 - Dillon
9 - Hanahan
10 - Edisto
11 - Andrews
12 - Buford
13 - Burke
14 - Ridgeland
15 - Cheraw
16 - Aynor

MUSTANGS are a Proud Breed! 2008 - This Is Our Year
K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
just to add for the 2A predictions; Loris boys will be playing in the tournament as well and are not seeded in lower state. They did beat Marion in the region and Mullins 2x. They play Aynor tomorrow night but lost to them the first time playing. They could split with them if they win.

throw in
throw in
Quote:

Loris boys will be playing in the tournament as well and are not seeded in lower state. They did beat Marion in the region and Mullins 2x. They play Aynor tomorrow night but lost to them the first time playing. They could split with them if they win.

As I said earlier, there are still games that could make a difference in seedings. ALSO - not all teams report their records until they send them in with their registration for tournament. As of Monday, many of the teams did not have all their scores posted on SCSOCCER.

MUSTANGS are a Proud Breed! 2008 - This Is Our Year
S
Brace
Brace
S
And also if they were to get selected. You just dont apply and automatically get in, unless not enough teams apply

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
??? Offline
goal kick
goal kick
So soccer 08, Walhalla is the best team in the upperstate???

I strongly disagree and i also think that Palmetto is the number one team in the nation...They are a proud breed you know

K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
so in 2A you have to qualify for the playoffs? i was told that it is automatic and you don't have to qualify as long as you pay the fee. How does it work as it is believed where we are at that any team can play if they send their entry form and pay the fee. Help here...I know for 2A girls it is a different story as not many teams play in this class.

S
Brace
Brace
S
From what i know........and that is not much, so dont put my post in stone. there's 32 spots available in the playoffs, 16 for upper state and 16 for lower state. Most years, only 14-15 teams apply and get in bcuz there's not enough teams to fill out the whole, so you have cases where the 1-2 seeds get a 1st round bye. Now, what happens when 18 lower state teams apply for the playoffs? my assumption is that the committee looks at all their resumes and picks the top 16 teams based on records, strength of schedule, and all the other things they look at for seeding. Thats what i believe works.

Misael Garzon
May River HS Boys Varsity Head Coach
mgarzon1217@gmail.com
K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
okay-i guess that is what he is banking on then that not enough teams apply to play; i guess that is what happened last year. However, if Aynor loses to Loris tomorrow then Loris will have a better record than Aynor, I believe. Thanks for the clarification...I guess we will see May 2 when it is done. But what you said makes sense...

C
goal kick
goal kick
C
The number of 2A teams has grown in the past few years. I fully expect that there will be 16 upperstate teams, if not more this season. This is my 8th season coaching and Pendleton has made the playoffs each year and I've never heard of a fee. I don't think a pay-to-play situation would be legal (other than referee fees). Different teams may decide to participate or not participate for different reasons. Occassionally a scenario occurs where teams with poorer records will actually play whereas a team with a slightly better record will not. New programs or younger teams may elect to expose their players to playoff soccer whereas more veteran programs who've perhaps had a very disappointing season elect not to.

I'm not going to complete a list of playoff projections but I'd be pleasantly surprised if we received the 11 seed. The loss to Abbeville Monday leaves us tied for 4/5th in the region and while our nonconference schedule has been largely against 3 and 4A schools we don't have the wins to support that high a seed. I think more than likely we're looking at a 13 or 14 and having to travel to an Emerald or B-L where we have an hour and a half trip.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard