Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#102076 04/25/08 06:59 PM
brace
OP Offline
brace
I saw that Tony S.D. has been on the Blue Ridge Girls Soccer forum for several hours so though we should get equal time.

He may have passed out or may be asking the AD for a raise due to the 20,003 BR fans I projected coming. That's $105,015 at today's rates.

I may have overprojected.

We need to give Blythewood equal time in the spirit of good sportsmanship.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
N
corner kick
corner kick
N
Your assignment, Mr. ROH, is to pull off the upset of Mr King's girls and bring your raucous fan base to Daniel on May 7. We want in on those six figure gate receipts!

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
I appreciate the advanced billing for our game coming up, and I greatly appreciate the idea of playing in front of a large and supportive crowd, but I'm not so sure that I would call Blue Ridge the underdogs or that it would be an upset if things didn't go our way. Look at BR's schedule, I think folks here on the board used to call those "quality losses" not too long ago and especially when you compare the results to the competition they've been playing. I dunno but given the advantage of having had a chance to scout us, playing quality teams, and their experience, it will most likely be a game of equal teams or even us playing the roll of underdog.

I would be interested to see what a Vegas odds maker had to say about the game. Could also be an interesting sub plot to the movie.......

Also since the topic of the next Disney classic has been raised…. Two fundamental problems with the characters selected to play the roll of Blythewood players/coaches. I am not nearly as tall as his honorable governor and if you knew our team you would know the obvious reason Hillary could not play the roll she was nominated for- but then again, that is Hollywood so what does it matter. “Based on real events” allows for great flexibility and freedom in regards to getting the facts correct……..

tk

Tony King
brace
OP Offline
brace
I could not agree more, Tony. So...

We have signed Danny DiVito to play the role of coach. We haven't determined which team yet.

After reviewing the numbers, and our school's requirement that kids not get out of school to attend events unless absolutely necessary, and the fact that if we start at 5:30 none of our kids can make it except the players, we are reducing our estimate to 20 from 20,000. Sorry for the enthusiasm.

Finally, you beat one of the best teams in the state 3-0 (Dreher). You have played several ranked teams close and beaten none. We have not beaten a ranked team this year, and haven't lost to an unranked team. Advantage, Blythewood.

2.5 hour drive. Advantage, Blythewood.

Home game. Advantage, Blythewood.

Just logic. Not sad sacking, just logic.

Now I just have to convince my kids that soccer is not a logical game.

brace
OP Offline
brace
Oh, yeah. My girls just reminded me that you are much better looking than me (I am not sure how they know that) and MUCH younger. MUCH....

I know how they know that.

I will need a wheelchair and a nurse attendant for me at halftime please. Maybe we could get Demi Moore to play the nurse....

S
throw in
throw in
S
should be a good game to watch.

brace
OP Offline
brace
I hope.

brace
OP Offline
brace
Roles are finalized and contracts signed.

Tom Cruise as Tony Stumpduck. Chosen by the Blue Ridge players due to the huge discrepancy between the looks of Mr. Stumpduck and their own nursing-home-level chaperone.

Baltimore Ravens defense as the Blythewood girls back line. No one scores on Blythewood. Not no one, not no how.

Blythewood Field: site of the filming. After checking the home of Manchester United, it was decided that Blythewood had a nicer place.

Nichole Kidman as the assistant coach at Blue Ridge. Self explanatory.

Ray Charles as ROH. Self explanatory.

Filming to begin May 8th after the script has been finalized. If4/28 Monday goes as hoped for....

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
You know, it looks like a hole in his tongue. I bet that is what happens when tigers bite their tongue.

brace
OP Offline
brace
Exactly.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard