Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#102076 04/25/08 06:59 PM
brace
OP Offline
brace
I saw that Tony S.D. has been on the Blue Ridge Girls Soccer forum for several hours so though we should get equal time.

He may have passed out or may be asking the AD for a raise due to the 20,003 BR fans I projected coming. That's $105,015 at today's rates.

I may have overprojected.

We need to give Blythewood equal time in the spirit of good sportsmanship.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
N
corner kick
corner kick
N
Your assignment, Mr. ROH, is to pull off the upset of Mr King's girls and bring your raucous fan base to Daniel on May 7. We want in on those six figure gate receipts!

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
I appreciate the advanced billing for our game coming up, and I greatly appreciate the idea of playing in front of a large and supportive crowd, but I'm not so sure that I would call Blue Ridge the underdogs or that it would be an upset if things didn't go our way. Look at BR's schedule, I think folks here on the board used to call those "quality losses" not too long ago and especially when you compare the results to the competition they've been playing. I dunno but given the advantage of having had a chance to scout us, playing quality teams, and their experience, it will most likely be a game of equal teams or even us playing the roll of underdog.

I would be interested to see what a Vegas odds maker had to say about the game. Could also be an interesting sub plot to the movie.......

Also since the topic of the next Disney classic has been raised…. Two fundamental problems with the characters selected to play the roll of Blythewood players/coaches. I am not nearly as tall as his honorable governor and if you knew our team you would know the obvious reason Hillary could not play the roll she was nominated for- but then again, that is Hollywood so what does it matter. “Based on real events” allows for great flexibility and freedom in regards to getting the facts correct……..

tk

Tony King
brace
OP Offline
brace
I could not agree more, Tony. So...

We have signed Danny DiVito to play the role of coach. We haven't determined which team yet.

After reviewing the numbers, and our school's requirement that kids not get out of school to attend events unless absolutely necessary, and the fact that if we start at 5:30 none of our kids can make it except the players, we are reducing our estimate to 20 from 20,000. Sorry for the enthusiasm.

Finally, you beat one of the best teams in the state 3-0 (Dreher). You have played several ranked teams close and beaten none. We have not beaten a ranked team this year, and haven't lost to an unranked team. Advantage, Blythewood.

2.5 hour drive. Advantage, Blythewood.

Home game. Advantage, Blythewood.

Just logic. Not sad sacking, just logic.

Now I just have to convince my kids that soccer is not a logical game.

brace
OP Offline
brace
Oh, yeah. My girls just reminded me that you are much better looking than me (I am not sure how they know that) and MUCH younger. MUCH....

I know how they know that.

I will need a wheelchair and a nurse attendant for me at halftime please. Maybe we could get Demi Moore to play the nurse....

S
throw in
throw in
S
should be a good game to watch.

brace
OP Offline
brace
I hope.

brace
OP Offline
brace
Roles are finalized and contracts signed.

Tom Cruise as Tony Stumpduck. Chosen by the Blue Ridge players due to the huge discrepancy between the looks of Mr. Stumpduck and their own nursing-home-level chaperone.

Baltimore Ravens defense as the Blythewood girls back line. No one scores on Blythewood. Not no one, not no how.

Blythewood Field: site of the filming. After checking the home of Manchester United, it was decided that Blythewood had a nicer place.

Nichole Kidman as the assistant coach at Blue Ridge. Self explanatory.

Ray Charles as ROH. Self explanatory.

Filming to begin May 8th after the script has been finalized. If4/28 Monday goes as hoped for....

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
You know, it looks like a hole in his tongue. I bet that is what happens when tigers bite their tongue.

brace
OP Offline
brace
Exactly.

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Either that or he has a tongue ring and had to take it out for the game.

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
but I doubt it, he looks old school to me.

brace
OP Offline
brace
Dale sent this to me to use. It has worried me since that he thinks my bark is bigger than my bite. Or, he thinks I have a big mouth.

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
trust me when I tell you that there is ALWAYS a reason behind what he does. So...

brace
OP Offline
brace
I fill my car up every time I go out now after watching my first NASCAR race........

brace
OP Offline
brace
But you should see the hole in the other guy...

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Some of you may remember my wife's infamous "toilet paper quote" from last year when we got past Dreher in the playoffs. Well, in regards to the Tom Cruise casting mentioned above she simply replied "Whatever. Well, I guess you do both have brown hair, but then again so does the dog."

Ahh, ya gotta love 'em........ She also said something about Tom Cruise would have to look a bit more like his wife when she was pregnant to pull off an accurate portrayal of 'Coach King.'- ouch!

"Hey honey? Will you pass the Krispy Kreemes around again?"

As for my girls--- they suggested my character be played by Elmer Fudd!!!!!

tk

Tony King
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Quote:

But you should see the hole in the other guy...

or he just might be in your belly.

brace
OP Offline
brace
Congrats on the 10 rank - well deserved.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Quote:

Congrats on the 10 rank - well deserved.

The ladies say thank you, and this time they hope to hang on to it a bit longer than last time.

tk

ps-- my wife is still chuckling about the Tom Cruise bit....

Tony King
brace
OP Offline
brace
Blythewood information, anyone? Tony has selflessly requested info, is on our website, etc. in a total effort to do anything possible to win our playoff matchup.

brace
OP Offline
brace
Good coaching, probably why they won two playoff games last year and are favored this year.

Anyone who likes underdogs, we welcome the info, suggestions, new uniforms, whatever.

And by the way, our guys play Blythewood too. Guess we change the name of the movie to "Doubleheader at Stumpduck Ridge". Tom Cruise wanted to know who Tony thought should play the Blythewood boys' coach.

brace
OP Offline
brace
Demi Moore has agreed to meet individually with anyone who helps furnish information on Blythewood.

How the meeting goes will depend on the info.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Demi Moore has agreed to meet individually with anyone who helps furnish information on Blythewood.

How the meeting goes will depend on the info.

I know any and all details on most of Blythewood girls (they are GREAT), but will need to see the goods (Demi Moore) in person first, before I discuss the details!

brace
OP Offline
brace
Tonight. 6:30. I am assuming neither your wife or your girlfriend will be there. Or your soccer players.

Demi is not as hot in person as you would think.

She is hotter.

Actually Tony "Tom Cruise" Stumpduck offered to let us come to their practices this week if Demi was going to be involved. Your stuff will have to be pretty good.

The lines are still open.

brace
OP Offline
brace
HUGE NEWS! Demi has agreed to meet with Tony Stumpduck (after she heard he looked like Tom Cruise) from 4:30 - about 11:00 on Monday, May 5th anywhere but in the state of South Carolina. Tony, you lucky man.

Since you will be gone, I will handle game arrangements, your defense, etc.

Tell your wife you are on a scouting mission.

See you soon.

brace
OP Offline
brace
Tony,

Demi said she got on the website and saw the team picture. Are you the big duck or the little duck? she asked. Not sure what she meant by that.

She said depending on the answer, she might want it to be very, very dark when you meet.

Not sure what she meant by that either.

She also wanted to know how you got the name "Stumpduck".

Last edited by Retired, Old, and Happy; 04/29/08 05:36 PM.

brace
OP Offline
brace
Demi was seen leaving Columbia in a Dreher sweatshirt. Don't know what that means, but it ain't good, T S.

Should have come up in the stand and given her a big Blythewood welcome while you had the chance.

However, look on the bright side. Your wife can now say forever that Tom Cruise dumped Demi Moore for her. How many women can say that?!

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Demi left? Whewww! I was trying to figure out how I was going to talk my way out of that one with the wife. About the only thing I had going for me was that when I first started dating my wife she was very horse from all the shouting (NO! I WILL NOT GO OUT WITH YOU SO STOP ASKING- is what I think she was trying to say.) that she actually sounded just like Demi more did back in the mid 80's.

As for Tom Cruise-- I understand that Justin Timberlake is actually in town while his girlfriend makes a movie here. The two of them were in Blythewood yesterday for a round of golf. Maybe we could get the package deal of Timberlake and whoever his girlfriend is to take a role in the movie if they like the area.

Heck- maybe we can get him to come out to the match and sing the national anthem for us. Now I believe the kids would find that to be pretty cool!

....anybody got his phone number?

tk

Tony King
brace
OP Offline
brace
After Tom Cruise, would your wife even come to the game to see Justin Timberlake. I think not.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
I dunno.... she has a bunch of his music on her itunes account. My southern rock/country ears can only take so much of it personally. Besides-- she thinks he's kinda weird anyway. Or did she say disturbed? Either way, yea, she'd show for Timberlake

As for my kids on the other hand!!!!!! I believe "freaked out" would describe them if that were to happen.
(((-I think I would be kinda freaked out too truth be told if he actually showed up and sang. Of course if Lynard, ZZ Top, Blackfoot, or 'The Band' showed instead that would be fine as well.)))

tk

Tony King
brace
OP Offline
brace
This should throw off your kids.

I sang in a band.
1966 for Beverly Wilson's birthday party.
42 years ago.

Probably won't have the same effect as Timberlake, but....

I do a mean Dave Clark Five.

brace
OP Offline
brace
Demi just called and said if Justin sings the national anthem she'll bring Aschton or whoever that kid from Iowa she hangs out is...

Go to the airport and see if you can catch him or send your wife...

brace
OP Offline
brace
Is there an airport close to Blythewood that the team can fly into?

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
We have the pond outfront if they bring a float plane.

tk

Tony King
brace
OP Offline
brace
It's OK. We got helicopters!

throw in
throw in
coaches are wierd.

Blythewood High School Boys Soccer
brace
OP Offline
brace
EH? We're just having fun. Fun is not wierd.

throw in
throw in
i guess so.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Wait a second... you go to Blythewood and did not already know this about me?

Bengal # 11 huh....... Hmmmmm!! I wonder who that could be? Let see if my mental cognition and reasoning skills are sharp enough to figure that one out!!!!

tk

Tony King
throw in
throw in
you never know...

throw in
throw in
i can tell your senses arent as Sharpe as they used to be!

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
OH-- I think I might.- Maybe that is...

Question-- why did you put the wrong name under your profile?

tk

Tony King
throw in
throw in
is it right now?

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
I guess it is if your name is on there now!!!

Actually it wasn't "wrong" before in that you simply left it blank- Just having a little fun with you to see if you would actually go look at it and make a comment. I think the girls would say that you 'just got played!' But I dunno-- I'm just weird that's all!!

Nice "step up to the plate" though sir to actually put your name out there for folks to see who the poster behind the handle is. Bravo! Good show!

tk

Tony King
throw in
throw in
Well yes i believe i did just get played.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Smile sir! It happens to the best of us -all of us- from time to time.

Like the Arsenal avitar btw. A New Castle fan myself.

Ready for Monday? That is what ROH's counterpart wants to know....

tk

Tony King
throw in
throw in
We are ready the question is are they ready!
Should be good games both boys and girls side of things.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
That is good to hear, a bit of swagger and confidence going into the game!!

Well, as for me-- I finally got the website sort of updated and am going to bed. Knucklehead kids to deal with tomorrow and all......

That and I want to quit while we're ahead-- ROH hasn't posted in this strain of the thread yet.....

tk

Tony King
brace
OP Offline
brace
We will wear white jerseys, white pants, and white socks on Monday. Not sure about the boys. Ths unis are all white, so both teams should look pretty sharp with those blue unis in your team pics. Those are really neat - where did you get them and what brand are they?

brace
OP Offline
brace
Quote:

Well yes i believe i did just get played.

Not every day you get played by Tom Cruise!

H
brace
brace
H
its time for you 3 to get a room.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Quote:

We will wear white jerseys, white plants, and white socks on Monday. Not sure about the boys. Ths unis are all white, so both teams should look pretty sharp with those blue unis in your team pics. Those are really neat - where did you get them and what brand are they?

ROH, do you have a new strategy? Are you now planning to throw white plants at your opponents? Or are these your contribution to Blythewood's "Living in Harmony with Nature"-project? Or for Memorial garden celebrating your visit? Or ...?

brace
OP Offline
brace
Nope. Just trying to keep us from both showing up in white unis. No secret mission here.

brace
OP Offline
brace
We try to plan for everything. I have learned as an old rookie coach that one of the most important things to a girls' soccer team is not to have something lighter outside.

If I was "wierd" I would say "The Underthings Delimma" but I am not wierd I hope.

brace
OP Offline
brace
Quote:

Quote:

We will wear white jerseys, white plants, and white socks on Monday. Not sure about the boys. Ths unis are all white, so both teams should look pretty sharp with those blue unis in your team pics. Those are really neat - where did you get them and what brand are they?

ROH, do you have a new strategy? Are you now planning to throw white plants at your opponents? Or are these your contribution to Blythewood's "Living in Harmony with Nature"-project? Or for Memorial garden celebrating your visit? Or ...?

Never, ever would I or anyone at Blue Ridge High School, nor any of our parents, alumni, teachers, staff, anyone who has ever heard of Blue Ridge, or anyone living currently in Greenville County.....

"Throw PLANTS at our opponents!"

brace
OP Offline
brace
That would be wierd.

throw in
throw in
i think we (the boys) are planning on wearing White Blue White its a tradition that we only white out on senior night, and we never blue out.

World Cup
World Cup
Ha! Thought that was Kyle

throw in
throw in
GOO ARSENAL! haha

brace
OP Offline
brace
Are we going to play in the football stadium, or the futbol stadium?

throw in
throw in
futbol stadium, we all here at Blythewood wish we could use the football stadium but seeing as its the district stadium we are not allowed to host soccer games in it.

brace
OP Offline
brace
That's too bad. That is one cool stadium, although your soccer field is the nicest high school one I have seen too. First class everything at Blythewood.

throw in
throw in
there ok definatly not close to the best in SC tho.

World Cup
World Cup
Laurens High School!

throw in
throw in
never seen it, im guessing they have nice fields?

brace
OP Offline
brace
Blythewood has 2 soccer, 1 softball, and 1 basebal playoff game AT Blythewood this afternoon and night. Pretty exciting stuff.

throw in
throw in
yea i believe Softball and Baseball are playing for Upper-State tonight.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
The young ladies played extremely well tonight, and very much dominate throughout the game. It was a great game to watch!

CONGRATULATIONS BLYTHEWOOD GIRLS!!!

TONY EXCELLENT JOB WITH YOUR TEAM.

World Cup
World Cup
Score?

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Sorry, I thought the whole world knew ... Blythewood 2, Blue-Ridge 0. (one goal was on a PK

World Cup
World Cup
Congrats to both teams, coaches, and fans for a well promoted match!

brace
OP Offline
brace
Quote:

Sorry, I thought the whole world knew ... Blythewood 2, Blue-Ridge 0. (one goal was on a PK

Loser's logic: PK was at 74 minute mark on a chop across the back of the knees by a 9th grader who had been inserted 30 seconds before due to an injury. Coaching mistake. Sorry, girls. Coach Sumwalt

brace
OP Offline
brace
Quote:

Congrats to both teams, coaches, and fans for a well promoted match!

No place for the copter and they ran out of Chic-Fil-A, but the boiled peanuts......

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Maybe the copter could have landed in the unused football stadium...

ROH - be proud of your ladies and coaching, they literally kept Blythewood from scoring! The real goal took three shots on your goal keeper before it finally went in. The PK was a good example of a cheap goal.(see comments elsewhere in the other threads). Also this game was probably the best game Blythewood has played, they just seemed connected and working in perfect rhythm. It was a great game to watch. {Bengal's - In no way are these comments intended to cheapen the WIN! it was well deserved -- be prepared to work 2x as hard next round}

brace
OP Offline
brace
Blythewood played a GREAT game, right in their sweet spot, and just great, well-executed soccer. I appreciate your comments. They did charge three at the goal on a beautiful throw by #12 and one of our ninth graders forgot to continue to play defense as she was watching the beautiful play develop. Their third strike was on.

That's Blythewood. Aggressive, skilled, and tough.

I told Tony we got beat by a better team last night, and we did. Best to them.

brace
OP Offline
brace
Quote:

Maybe the copter could have landed in the unused football stadium...

ROH - be proud of your ladies and coaching, they literally kept Blythewood from scoring! The real goal took three shots on your goal keeper before it finally went in. The PK was a good example of a cheap goal.(see comments elsewhere in the other threads). Also this game was probably the best game Blythewood has played, they just seemed connected and working in perfect rhythm. It was a great game to watch. {Bengal's - In no way are these comments intended to cheapen the WIN! it was well deserved -- be prepared to work 2x as hard next round}

I LOVE MY GIRLS! Proud - every day.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
We had planned to let it land on one of the stick ball fields but they were being used last night too, and we couldn't get anyone to take the nets down on the tennis courts. Might should have gone with the float plane and the pond out front.....

Sorry about the chic-fil-a though, glad you liked the p-nuts!

tk

Tony King
brace
OP Offline
brace
Everything was first class, and you treated us like a gentleman except for the score. Best of luck to you and your team - great girls and players!

S
goal kick
goal kick
S

Good article at midlandspres.com

Season recap: Blythewood girls soccer

N
bench
bench
N
Tony,

Has the Region 3 - AAA Girls all region team been announced?

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Here is what we have so far--- still waiting on replies from a couple of teams. Was going to give them until Friday but what the heck. Here is Region 3 3A as is has been reported.

Dreher-5
Allyson Hill
Becca O'Connell
Ellison Sharpe
Kistler Ulmer
Marie McGwier

Blythewood-4
Brittany Moores
Emily Morrow
Lindsay Taylor
Taylor Coulter

AC Flora-3 (NR)
Camden-2 (NR)

Lugoff-Elgin-2
Katelyn Gold
Sy Garrison

Chester-2 (NR)

Eau Claire-2
Bianca Smalls
Kayla Smith

Tony King
S
coach
coach
S
Congratulations to all of these players.

Respectfully, I sure hope that Ellison Sharpe gets player of the year honors for the region. Last year somehow she didn't -- I'm still scratching my head over that one -- but even more so this year with her heroics from the beginning of the season with the "shot heard around the state" when Dreher beat Mauldin to her outstanding leadership and play in Dreher's win over (at the time) #1 ranked Airport.

I don't know of another single player, not only in the region but in all of 3A, who contributed more to her team.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Region Player of the year was Ellison Sharpe- -sorry to leave that one off.

Coach of the year was David Kleinfelder

tk

Tony King
goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

I don't know of another single player, not only in the region but in all of 3A, who contributed more to her team.

I do. Lindsay Taylor (#12) for Blythewood

world cup
world cup
I think Chester's goalkeeper is very good, I assume she would be one her school's representatives on the team.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Congratulations to Miss Sharpe, a deserving pick.
Also, it's a shame that AC Flora can't get it together to turn in nominations or ballots for All-Region and/or The State Newspaper's All-Area. There is talent on that team but the best players are getting shortchanged, especially this year's seniors.

N
bench
bench
N
The Chester All Region Players were:

#5 Ashley Enoch (Jr)
#3 Annie Wilson (Sr)

S
kick off
kick off
S
AC Flora's coach is a joke...he single handedly ruined their season and probably a career or two...

Goal
Goal
Who is the ACF Coach? I liked Pierre that was there. Good guy and coached the girls well at NECSA.

Victory Starts Here!
S
kick off
kick off
S
Pierre knew what he was doing...He's no longer at Flora though...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard