Next Thread
Print Thread
S
SV-Dad Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
S
Question on West Ashley & Fort Dorchester which team is truly ranked higher? Fort Dorchester has a 7-2 record and plays Summerville, if they lose the record is 7-3. West Ashley currently sit's at 5-3, but does not indicate the score for a game with Battery Creek, did they play ? I would assume they won. Next they play Colleton County which they should win, putting there record at 7-3. West Ashley has an agregate score of 5-4 over Fort Dorchester, so Fort Dorchester should be #3. right/wrong, or should I just wait the games are played out?

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
I have not heard anyone explain the tiebreak procedures for R8 4A so I don't know what to tell you...every region is different. Somebody attempted to get coaches from different regions to post their TB procedures but only a few responded and R8 was not one of them. I really think that we should make them public either here or in the SCHSL handbooks. Maybe something that could be brought up in the next coaches' clinic. there certainly is a lot of confusion as we approach playoffs.

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Kyle,
What do you think? There is a lot of activity on the board this week with regions going down to the wire and most of have no clue how other regions break ties.

C
Brace
Brace
C
The tie breaker is Head to head, then points aginst your region, both beat and lost to same people, so that is out, next is regular season record winning %, So who has the better regular season record w/o tour wins and losses? That will answer it for you. peace

S
SV-Dad Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
S
Quote:

The tie breaker is Head to head, then points aginst your region, both beat and lost to same people, so that is out, next is regular season record winning %, So who has the better regular season record w/o tour wins and losses? That will answer it for you. peace

yep, there still tied (assuming Fort Dorchester loses to both Wando & Summerville, with West Ashley winning against Colleton). Both will sit at 10-6-0/7-3-0, but agregate goals still work in favor of moving West Ashley to #2.

C
Brace
Brace
C
They do not use AGREGATE goals, next tie breaker is overall record including tour, WA wins the Tie due to playing in tour and brings record to 12 -7 vs fort 10 - 6
WA winning % =63
Fort winning % = 62

Last edited by Coach J; 04/29/08 07:18 PM.
S
SV-Dad Offline OP
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
S
Thanks..either team make it a challenge for SV. Now you know the rest of the story. A dad with an inquiring mind is a dangerous thing.

Link Copied to Clipboard