Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
World Cup
OP Offline
World Cup
Be sure to send all scores/results to kyle@scsoccer.com to ensure an accurate posting on the Scoreboard.

S
throw in
throw in
S
JL Mann 2 Eastside 1

Riverside 7 Wade Hampton 0

corner kick
corner kick
Slow....slow....slow....:)
OK, I'll post it again:
Fort Mill 6, York 0

Doin' it the hard way...
brace
brace
Blue Ridge 8, Greer 0

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
throw in
throw in
DF v Northwestern ppd until tomorrow due to rain in the area.

Nothing is Impossible
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Red Raiders Clinch Region 1 Championship
Greenville High beat Seneca 6 - 3 in the last conference match of the season on Monday evening, April 28, but it took ten extra minutes to remove any doubts in double overtime.The Red Raiders made sure of first spot with a rousing overtime performance. The match was high-paced throughout, with both teams attacking from the start. Greenville had more than twice as many shots, but wasted several good opportunities. Emilie Nicholson put Seneca up 1-0 in the 13th, before Reed Few leveled in the 23rd with a deflected shot. But the defensive deficiencies on the visitors' side were apparent again after half-time when a monumental blunder gifted Seneca a 46th minute lead to Brianna Kay. Greenville was quick to reestablish their momentum. Allie Waters took advantage of the tail wind and powered a shot from 23 yards high into the net. Seneca's heads did not drop, though, and they had good chances to level again, but it was the visitors who were handed the opportunity they craved when Ali Lewis was dragged down in the box by two defenders 8 minutes from time. Waters strode up and slotted home the penalty kick to give the Lady Raiders a 3-2 lead. At that point, the Wildcats looked spent. Yet, from virtually nothing, they were given a new lease of life in the last minute when Courtney Pund's long ball found Nicholson who dribbled through three Greenville defenders and equalized to take the match into overtime.

Seneca's brave second-half performance appeared to have taken its toll as the Raiders' pace and movement began to stretch tiring legs. Greenville attacked relentlessly. Lewis could no longer be controlled by Seneca's back line. She scored two goals in as many minutes. Just three minutes later, senior Reed Few scored her second goal of the match to increase the lead to three.

D
Goal
Goal
D
moved from other thread...

Quote:

Quote:

JL Mann 2
Eastside 1

Mann and Eastside tie for 2nd in Region II with 9 wins each. Mann should take 2nd seed for playoffs due to head to head.

I believe that Eastside lost 2 to Mann and 1 to Riverside for 3 total in region.

I believe that Mann lost 2 to Riverside so they finish second on record.

Not really. According to their schedule Mann only played 11 region games, while Eastside, Riverside, Blue Ridge and Wade Hampton played 12. For some unknown reason Mann only played Greer once. Eastside finished 9-3, Mann finished 9-2. If number of wins determines regional ranking then they tie. If winning percentage determines rank then Mann finishes 2nd.

brace
brace
Quote:

moved from other thread...

Quote:

Quote:

JL Mann 2
Eastside 1

Mann and Eastside tie for 2nd in Region II with 9 wins each. Mann should take 2nd seed for playoffs due to head to head.

I believe that Eastside lost 2 to Mann and 1 to Riverside for 3 total in region.

I believe that Mann lost 2 to Riverside so they finish second on record.

Not really. According to their schedule Mann only played 11 region games, while Eastside, Riverside, Blue Ridge and Wade Hampton played 12. For some unknown reason Mann only played Greer once. Eastside finished 9-3, Mann finished 9-2. If number of wins determines regional ranking then they tie. If winning percentage determines rank then Mann finishes 2nd.

Mann beat Greer twice. Score is just not reported. Mann finished 10-2, Eastside 9-3.

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
Porter GAud 0 @ Beaufort Academy 1

world cup
world cup
Mauldin 3
Byrnes 2

Details from anyone who saw this thriller!?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
Coach
Coach
C
Anyone know about Stratford/Academic Magnet?

I've got good news and bad news...
G
kick off
kick off
G
Walhalla 4
Southside Christian 1

corner kick
corner kick
Hurst,

Here is the summary of what I heard about the game:

Mauldin scored on a corner kick in the first 2 minutes of the game. Mauldin scored again about the 20 minute mark. At the half Mauldin 2 Byrnes 0. Mauldin scored in the first 5 minutes of the second half. Byrnes scores on a PK about the 20 minute mark. Byrnes scores at the 25 minute mark. Byrnes has a shot to tie in the last 2 minutes but the ball hits the post and bounces out. Several yellow card given out during the game. Both teams have injured players on the bench with should be back for the playoffs. This is second hand information if mavsupporter or mavs soccer have additional detail please update.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Academic Magnet and Stratford was cancelled due to lightning and rain. The game was 0-0 about 20 minutes in when the storm hit. I am not sure if they will make it up due to limited days to do so.

world cup
world cup
Thank you Grasshopper.

Unbelievable that Byrnes got two goals back after being down 3-0 in the second half.

Wow!

Good job by Mauldin to close the deal.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
corner kick
corner kick
I was not able to attend the game, but KCC's account sounds about right. The good news for Maudlin is they will hopefully return 3-4 starters for the play-offs. This gives Czar a lot more flexibility in his line up. Several key players have been injured or forced to play out of position for most of the season.

Only time will tell
F
bench
bench
F
That's about right except the corner kick at 2 minutes. It wasnt a corner kick, it was regular play down in the left corner. A Mauldin player followed the ball out about 3 feet outside the line according to all the Byrnes players in the area. She then kicked it back in and the ref was not in the area yet to see it. The Byrnes girls just all stopped and watched the Mauldin player kick the ball into the goal because they assumed it was dead. It was very odd. Nobody challenged her and even the keeper didnt attempt to get the ball. Bad assumption.

World Cup
World Cup
A yard outside the line? I find that a little hard to believe. You could have told me 8 inches, heck, I woulda believed 16". But 36"? Little off dontcha think? Can someone disprove the 3ft argument or was that how it really went? If so...wow.

A
goal kick
goal kick
A
It seems to me that if a ball went 3 feet out of bounds, kicked back in, and then put in the net, that the Byrnes coach would have come unglued.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Hilton Head Prep 7
First Baptist (DT) 1

These kinds of games are no fun for anybody. Hilton Head Prep played the last 30 minutes of the game with 6 players in the field.

My question from the stands is: Would the First Baptist players be more embarrassed by a 10-0 score played against 11 players or a 7-1 score played against 6?

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
At Heathwood Hall

Ben Lippen 4
Heathwood Hall 1

D
kick off
kick off
D
Dreher 2
Airport 1

My player is retired now. She's matriculating at Boston University.
goal kick
goal kick
Does someone want to go into detail on the Dreher vs Airport game?

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Dreher 2
Airport 1

Wow!

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Barnwell 4
Wade Hampton(H) 1

Half-Barnwell 2 WH 1

Playoff for Region V-AA on Thursday-Winner take all

J
goal kick
goal kick
J
Emerald 0
Wren 3

On a personal note, our family would like to wish Hannah Gmerek all the best at College of Charleston. Not only is "Gmerek" a great soccer player but she is a team player and all around nice young lady. CofC is lucky to have her.

World Cup
World Cup
NA 0
Irmo 2

South Aiken 2
Aiken 0

Playoffs:

TLH vs Irmo
Wren vs NA
Greenwood vs South Aiken
Westside/Easley vs Lexington

goal kick
goal kick
Ben Lippen 4 @ Heathwood Hall 1

Stats:
Goals- Stephanie Squirewell (HH); Meritt Rollins-2 (BL); Carrie Settle-2 (BL)
Assists- Sammi Osman-2 (BL)
Saves- Anne Armstrong-8 (BL); Carson Lunceford-8 (HH)

Ben Lippen led 2-1 at halftime and controlled the tempo the entire game. We made great short passes and spread the field very well, playing maybe our best game of the season. Meritt Rollins played an excellent game in the midfield, controlling the pace of the game. She was supported by a great game from Sammi Osman, who helped bring the BLS passing game to life. Carrie Settle played an outstanding game at forward. The BLS defense stepped up to shut down a very fast offensive team. Everyone pitched in and played extremely well and extremely hard. Anne Armstrong played a great game in the goal, making some very crucial saves. We did a good job of playing to our potential tonight. Excellent effort from everyone and a great win for our program this year. This win puts Ben Lippen at 7-3 in region play, putting us in a possible tie for first with St. Joseph's, who I believe lost to Cardinal Newman tonight in PK's. Excellent end to the regular season! Now, on to playoffs! Great job, ladies...I'm extremely proud of you all!

corner kick
corner kick
At Nation Ford (MAN, that field IS small...)

Fort Mill 4
Nation Ford 1

Goals FM: Ashleigh Sheets (3), Megan Killmeyer
Assists FM: Becca Tooley, Hali Singleton
Goal NF: Katie Kozlowski
NF keeper Kelsey Blair with 17 saves

Doin' it the hard way...
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
@ Berkeley
Stratford 1
Berkeley 0

Scott D. Ruggles
Stratford High School
D
kick off
kick off
D
Quote:

Believe it or not, I think the sun played a role in the game.

In the first half, Airport's keeper faced the setting sun. Early in the half (9 - 10 minutes in), E. Sharpe scores on a high shot which I'm almost positive the keeper could have stopped if the sun had not been directly in her eyes.

Much later, DHS scores on a corner kick which was not handled well by the AHS defense. End of the 1st half, it's 2-0 Dreher.

Early in the 2nd half, AHS scores on a crossing shot.

For the rest of the game, DHS plays excellent defense when needed and attacks on offense for a suprising amount of time to hold on for the victory.

AHS played a very clean game. Kudos to their team, coaches, and supporters. A C Flora, please take note.

Last edited by Dreher Dad; 04/30/08 02:16 AM.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
At Blythewood-- Senior Night---

Blythewood 4 Rock Hill 0

Goals by:
Senior Sara Graber
Senior Lindsay Taylor

Shut out recorded in the goal by Senior Mandy Brillhart

Goals also by
Brittany Moores
Alisha Mitchell

An extra special thanks to all the parents who came out tonight to give our seniors a great send off.

Thanks also to our special guests for coming down tonight as well.

tk

Tony King
brace
brace
Quote:

Blythewood 4 Rock Hill 0

Goals by:
Senior Sara Graber
Senior Lindsay Taylor

Goals also by
Brittany Moores
Alisha Mitchell

An extra special thanks to all the parents who came out tonight to give our seniors a great send off.

The special guests all said that when they die and go to heaven they want it to be Blythewood High School. I have never had, nor ever expect to have, players who get out and take pictures in front of another high school. Do you sell Blythewood t-shirts with a picture of the pond on them?

Well done, Blythewood. And what you did for your seniors on Senior Night was pretty cool. Very cool.

I told you this morning "I would see you soon." Probably didn't expect that soon.

tk

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

Blythewood 4 Rock Hill 0

Goals by:
Senior Sara Graber
Senior Lindsay Taylor

Goals also by
Brittany Moores
Alisha Mitchell

The special guests all said that when they die and go to heaven they want it to be Blythewood High School. I have never had, nor ever expect to have, players who get out and take pictures in front of another high school. Do you sell Blythewood t-shirts with a picture of the pond on them?

Well done, Blythewood. And what you did for your seniors on Senior Night was pretty cool. Very cool.

I told you this morning "I would see you soon." Probably didn't expect that soon.

tk

ROH,
did you drive all the way down there to pull for your old home town.

brace
brace
I did, but I ended up pulling for Blythewood. It's pretty easy.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

I did, but I ended up pulling for Blythewood. It's pretty easy.

a sure bet is always easy.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

@ Berkeley
Stratford 1
Berkeley 0

To borrow a line from the Stumpduck, "Dadburngummit." So close...! Great game played by the Lady Knights; we really had to step it up to come that close. Both teams should be proud of how they played. The one goal came off an unmarked back post runner who slipped one past the keeper as she was trying to adjust. Next year, Heusinger...next year! Berkeley ends a really fun regular season at 7-9, 8-10 including preseason...a team best. Good luck to the Stratford girls as we both head for the playoffs!

brace
brace
Tony, you did blow it.

You forgot to introduce Demi (Moore) who was with us. She dressed like a math teacher at our school to avoid the paparazzi. She was really looking forward to getting to know you until she saw that "Happy Anniversary, Honey!" card on the BHS website and you skipped over her in your welcome.

She left immediately and went to check out the coaches at the Airport-Dreher game. That's not a good sign, Stumpd. Not a good sign.

Man, you must have major chips with the mamma now though. Like I always say, a bird in the hand is better than Demi Moore at the Airport-Dreher game any day.

Last edited by Retired, Old, and Happy; 04/30/08 03:02 AM.

T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Hey Coach Chass...

YUP!!! I do believe that one deserves a "Dadburn" with the side dish of "gummit!"

Was that you who said something about losses being 'measuring sticks' and getting the snot beat out of you? Looks like the stick is being whittled down bit-by-bit…...

tk

Tony King
C
Coach
Coach
C
Yep...we had a not-quite-ourselves night week before last and lost to Stratford 6-0 (partly because I gambled a bit at the end to try to get that elusive goal and it backfired) and posted a 1-0 match tonight...I'm proud of my girls for stepping up their game--big score difference in a week and a half!

(Now if we had just marked that back post, maybe we could have finished the job...agh, the little things!)

corner kick
corner kick

Greenville 2
Christ Church 1

Halftime: 2-0

Fletch: It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am NOT a big man.
C
Brace
Brace
C
@ WA SR night
WA 6
CCHS 0
WA finishes 2nd in Region 8 4a home for play-offs on Monday!

corner kick
corner kick
@NW
DF 2 NW 1

Tomorrow...is too late.
World Cup
World Cup
How about the second game they played against Boiling Springs

Goal
Goal
Saw a wonderful girls match last night at Memorial Stadium. Dreher outlasted Airport 2-1. The Lady Blue Devils are very good and Ellison Sharpe is a pleasure to watch. A couple of new names to look for in the future are Becca O'Connell (I believe she's a sophomore) and freshman Allyson Hill. They are rock solid in the back and shut down Airport's potent offensive attack.

On a side note, Airport is very good but I can't imagine them being better than the Greenville area teams.

50th for a reason!
World Cup
World Cup
So how is it Dreher loses to Sumter and Blythewood (no offense, Tony, just comparing rankings), but beats Airport?

C
Goal
Goal
C
see what had happen was..... we would of won but had this other game vs. Boiling Springs

Boiling Springs was cancelled due to a scheduling conflict on their end.

G
kick off
kick off
G
Walhalla 4
Oconee Christian Academy 1

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Saw a wonderful girls match last night at Memorial Stadium. Dreher outlasted Airport 2-1. The Lady Blue Devils are very good and Ellison Sharpe is a pleasure to watch. A couple of new names to look for in the future are Becca O'Connell (I believe she's a sophomore) and freshman Allyson Hill. They are rock solid in the back and shut down Airport's potent offensive attack.

On a side note, Airport is very good but I can't imagine them being better than the Greenville area teams.

I believe Becca O Connell was the only freshman girl named to the all state team last year. She is a very strong player it was unfortunate that she had to step away from club ball due to injury.

Allyson is as solid as they come in the back, a very well rounded player. If you think she is good at soccer you should check out her Cross Country stats.

What about Ellison's sister McKay , is she playing for Dreher this year?

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
Goal
Goal
Quote:

Did one of Airport's coaches physically assault Ellison after the game? Saw something a little awkward after the BC AHS match when one of their coaches pushed back the head of a BC player...strange.

Last edited by shut^&play; 04/30/08 02:06 PM.
goal kick
goal kick
Wesy Florence-1
Sumter-0

'A ten-foot keeper really should have stopped that' -Ron Atkinson
C
Brace
Brace
C
Quote:

Quote:

In the first half, Airport's keeper faced the setting sun. Early in the half (9 - 10 minutes in), E. Sharpe scores on a high shot which I'm almost positive the keeper could have stopped if the sun had not been directly in her eyes.

Much later, DHS scores on a corner kick which was not handled well by the AHS defense. End of the 1st half, it's 2-0 Dreher.

1st goal was scored off a free kick--about 30-35 yards out by Ellison Sharpe.
2nd goal was scored off a free kick--a little closer, taken by Ellison...keeper dropped/bobbled it and a Dreher player toe poked it back in.

Congratulations to Dreher on their win as they outplayed us last night and good luck to them in the playoffs.

C
Brace
Brace
C
Quote:

Did one of Airport's coaches physically assault Allison after the game? Saw something a little awkward after the BC AHS match when one of their coaches pushed back the head of a BC player...strange.

Her name is Ellison not Allison--from Dreher. No coach from airport pushed a BC players head last Friday--that's just stupid. Physically assault Ellison...wow? You might need to edit your name to just Shut^.....

Last edited by CoachMorris; 04/30/08 02:03 PM.
Goal
Goal
I stand corrected about Ellison. However, the other part...surely you jest. I know what I saw. The BC player looked visably shaken. Maybe the two have some sort of a relationship off the field (coach, teacher, etc)? I don't know. I'm just saying it was a bit awkward.

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

I stand corrected about Ellison. However, the other part...surely you jest. I know what I saw. The BC player looked visably shaken. Maybe the two have some sort of a relationship off the field (coach, teacher, etc)? I don't know. I'm just saying it was a bit awkward.

Take your load of bull and get out of here. There's no place for your ridiculous account of fantasy and make believe on this side. You're a joke...

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

Take your load of bull and get out of here. There's no place for your ridiculous account of fantasy and make believe on this side. You're a joke...

dale jr i like his avatar better than yours.

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

dale jr i like his avatar better than yours.

That's the only thing he has going for him..bu yeah, I agree

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

That's about right except the corner kick at 2 minutes. It wasnt a corner kick, it was regular play down in the left corner. A Mauldin player followed the ball out about 3 feet outside the line according to all the Byrnes players in the area. She then kicked it back in and the ref was not in the area yet to see it. The Byrnes girls just all stopped and watched the Mauldin player kick the ball into the goal because they assumed it was dead. It was very odd. Nobody challenged her and even the keeper didnt attempt to get the ball. Bad assumption.

I didn't see the game, but why would all the Byrnes players just stop and watch a ball role in their goal? Are they not coached to play until this whistle blows? Also, why didn't anyone complain about such a bad no call, if it really happened this way?

Only time will tell
S
bench
bench
S
Quote:

Quote:

I didn't see the game, but why would all the Byrnes players just stop and watch a ball role in their goal? Are they not coached to play until this whistle blows? Also, why didn't anyone complain about such a bad no call, if it really happened this way?

I did see the game, it all happened in the first minute of the game. I didn't see the ball go out of bounds and don't beleve it did, certainly there were no protests by Bryrnes players when both referees signaled a goal.

The Mauldin center forward got the ball near the left corner flag, dribbled around the Brynes defender between her and the goal line and then crossed the ball, a low hard cross.

The Byrnes Goalie moved out of her goal and stood on the line at the goal post between the corner flag and the goal She then appeared just to watch as the ball went by her along the ground and in play in the penalty area. Perhaps she just couldn't get to it. The ball hit the inside of the far post on the opposite side of the goal and bounced into the net. A strange goal.

The Byrnes penalty came from a fifty fifty ball in which the Byrnes player had the presence of mind to fall down when she was not in a position to score. Brynes were not very physical in the first half as they were in the earlier game, but made up for it in the second half. This contributed to the excellent Byrnes come back the made after being 3 goals down 5 minutes into the second half.

D
kick off
kick off
D
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

1st goal was scored off a free kick--about 30-35 yards out by Ellison Sharpe.
2nd goal was scored off a free kick--a little closer, taken by Ellison...keeper dropped/bobbled it and a Dreher player toe poked it back in.

Congratulations to Dreher on their win as they outplayed us last night and good luck to them in the playoffs.

Thanks for your corrections. I guess I was still too shook up to be accurate. At least I got the score right.

world cup
world cup
Is there a score for Spartanburg-Hillcrest?

World Cup
World Cup
I'm told via CJ

Dorman 5
TLH 1

W
bench
bench
W
At Bishop England

Waccamaw 2

Bishop England 1

OT

corner kick
corner kick
@ DF

DF 2 BC 0

Tomorrow...is too late.
N
corner kick
corner kick
N
Quote:

I'm told via CJ

Dorman 5
TLH 1

OUCH!

throw in
throw in
@ Fort Dorchester
Wando - 5
Ft. D - 0

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Quote:

Quote:

I'm told via CJ

Dorman 5
TLH 1

OUCH!

Thanks Neverplayed. I was looking for a proper way to sum up the evening.

corner kick
corner kick

Christ Church 7
Greenville Tech Charter 0

Fletch: It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am NOT a big man.
brace
brace
Are there any meaningful games tonight? (Thursday)

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Byrnes @ Wren at 6:00 pm

F
goal
goal
F
4/29 - at Westside

Easley 3
Westside 1

Well played, entertaining match by both squads. Game tied with 4:21 seconds left. Easley scored 2 goals in the final four minutes to win and clinch the 4th Playoff Spot in Region I based on Tie-Breakers. Almost nightmarish end to the season for a young (no seniors) Westside squad that made the playoffs for the 1st time ever in 2006, and has been 1 goal away in 2007 and 2008. With strong club participation and a core of 9th and 10th graders, the girls will bounce back!

Goals: Easley (37'), Westside (51'), E (77'), E (79')
Shots: Easley - 10, Westside - 14
Cards: None
Corners: Easley - 3, Westside - 6
Records: Easley 7-11 (3-7), Westside 7-11 (3-7)

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

4/29 - at Westside

Easley 3
Westside 1

Well played, entertaining match by both squads. Game tied with 4:21 seconds left. Easley scored 2 goals in the final four minutes to win and clinch the 4th Playoff Spot in Region I based on Tie-Breakers. Almost nightmarish end to the season for a young (no seniors) Westside squad that made the playoffs for the 1st time ever in 2006, and has been 1 goal away in 2007 and 2008. With strong club participation and a core of 9th and 10th graders, the girls will bounce back!

Goals: Easley (37'), Westside (51'), E (77'), E (79')
Shots: Easley - 10, Westside - 14
Cards: None
Corners: Easley - 3, Westside - 6
Records: Easley 7-11 (3-7), Westside 7-11 (3-7)

ARRRRRRGHHHHH!!!! That's a heartbreaker! I know that area of Anderson and to get the girls where they are even CLOSE to competing for a playoff spot is a great accomplishment. Will have an article about teams like yours on 80:00 later on today.

goal kick
goal kick

Congrats to the Waccamaw Varsity Girls for their win last night against Bishop England and finishing the season undefeated. The girls won 17 games this year and last night they gave up their only goal of the season.

GREAT STUFF!!!!

And good luck in the playoffs.....

B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
Congrats Waccamaw!!

world cup
world cup
Anybody have details on the TL Hanna - Dorman match?

That's a lot of goals for "defensive-minded" Dorman against a very good team.

F
goal
goal
F
Details on the TL Hanna/Dorman match:

Dorman scored, then scored, then scored, then scored, then finally scored again. Somewhere in there TL Hanna also scored. After the scores were tabulated by the refs, the match was considered over.

I also heard that one fan uttered phrases that may have been concerned with "Ft. Mill" or "Playoffs", but this could not be confirmed.

throw in
throw in
28 April 2008

Eau Claire vs. Lugoff-Elgin match was cancelled due to weather conditions and it will not be rescheduled.

30 April 2008 @ Lugoff-ELgin

Andrew Jackson 1:3 Lugoff-Elgin

Goals By:
Andrew Jackson - J.Johnson (28')
Lugoff-Elgin - M.Kidd (5'), A.Fannin (29'), K.Gold (65')

brace
brace
Quote:

Dorman scored, then scored, then scored, then scored, then finally scored again. Somewhere in there TL Hanna also scored. After the scores were tabulated by the refs, the match was considered over.

I also heard that one fan uttered phrases that may have been concerned with "Ft. Mill" or "Playoffs", but this could not be confirmed.

That is not what happened at all.

The ref took the captains to the middle of the field. Then they dispersed. Then the game started. The Dorman scored. Then Dorman scored. Then Dorman scored. Then Dorman scored, Then Dorman scored. Somewhere in there, TLH scored. THEN, and only then at the end, the ref blew the whistle and the game was over.

Somehow, we have to find a way to stop just letting anybody put anything on this website. It's getting ridiculous.

Gotta to. Helicopter's waiting and Demi is getting very impatient.

L
Goal
Goal
L
ro&h - dude! give us all a break!

brace
brace

S
throw in
throw in
S
Hilton Head 10
Bluffton 0

sancho
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Girls' Soccer

WEST ASHLEY 6, COLLETON COUNTY 0

Goals: WA—Jordan 2, Nye 2, Marion, Ferguson.
Shutout: Williams.
Records: WA 12-7, 7-3.

From Charleston.net web site

Last edited by dbsandis; 05/01/08 05:58 PM.
-
kick off
kick off
-
What happenned in White Knoll versus Lexington? I heard there was a red card and that it was 0-0 until the last few minutes and Lexington barely won it at 1-0. Anybody know what happenned?

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Quote:

Quote:

That is not what happened at all.

The ref took the captains to the middle of the field. Then they dispersed. Then the game started. The Dorman scored. Then Dorman scored. Then Dorman scored. Then Dorman scored, Then Dorman scored. Somewhere in there, TLH scored. THEN, and only then at the end, the ref blew the whistle and the game was over.

Somehow, we have to find a way to stop just letting anybody put anything on this website. It's getting ridiculous.

Gotta to. Helicopter's waiting and Demi is getting very impatient.

These accounts do not tell the whole story. Actually it was:
Dorman score
Dorman score
Hanna score (glimmer of hope)
Dorman score (hope snuffed)
Halftime
Dorman score
Dorman score
Final whistle
Get home at 11:30 because the boy's game went to OT

Seriously, Josef is one of the classiest guys in the league and an excellent coach. His girls play very disciplined and make the most of their opportunities.
And there were many.

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
Porter Gaud 1
Pinewood Prep 3

Pinewood has a play-off game at home on Tuesday team TBA

Porter Gaud has a play-in game on Saturday vs ashley Hall
for the fourth seed in the region,
Game to played at Porter Gaud on Sat. @ 4:00pm

Good luck to both teams

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Region V-AA Championship

At Bamberg

Barnwell 6

Wade Hampton(H) 2

goal kick
goal kick
Ben Lippen Varsity Girls will face off at St. Joseph's in Greenville Saturday, May 3 at 6:30pm to determine the champion of SCISA Region I-AAA. The winner will take a #1 seed heading into playoffs, and the loser will take a #2 seed. This game is contingent upon St. Joseph's defeating Augusta Christian Friday night. If St. Joseph's loses Friday, Ben Lippen will be the lone region champions. They split their regular season games with the visiting team taking the victory both times. It should be a good game!

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
From Dale, Jr:

South Aiken 2 Greenwood 1

Word is that both teams played it close to the vest since they do this again for keeps on Monday.

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Anybody know about Wren/Byrnes?

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Quote:

From Dale, Jr:

South Aiken 2 Greenwood 1

Word is that both teams played it close to the vest since they do this again for keeps on Monday.

Oh, and there was a ROH sighting at the game. I hear it was tough getting that chopper down behind Pinky Babbs Memorial Stadium.

world cup
world cup
I assume Wren and Byrnes also played it close to the vest since there is a chance that these two can square off for real next Wednesday.

brace
brace
Does anyone sell sod in circle shapes? We might have made a mess.

World Cup
World Cup
ROH landed after much convincing in Shell Dula's direction. He started off by throwing beads to little children and then watches and pearls to the adults. The game was halted for 19 minutes as they had to clear the field from the chaos. Afterwards SA and Greenwood played a physical preview in what should be a fun opening round game for both.

S
coach
coach
S
Quote:

What happenned in White Knoll versus Lexington? I heard there was a red card and that it was 0-0 until the last few minutes and Lexington barely won it at 1-0. Anybody know what happenned?

I think this kind of thing is happening a lot. Lexington started their entire second string (there was actually a newspaper article in "The State" where the coach talked about resting some players.) One younger player who hasn't gotten a lot of minutes this year lost her head in the first half and got a deserved red card and is out for two games. In the 70th-something minute, the Lexington coach sent a player in with instructions to score quickly and get out -- about 90 seconds later the score was 1-0 and she came out.

G
bench
bench
G
90 seconds. What took her so long?

World Cup
World Cup
Really...

S
coach
coach
S
I think it's more indicative that Lexington had the better of play and just didn't convert than anything else; as I understand it there were a lot of very close shots.

World Cup
World Cup
Lex could have easily blown them out. This is a great example of making an interesting match out of a low quality opponent. I like the way Fryland does this.

world cup
world cup
Has the Spartanburg-Hillcrest game ended yet....(overtime)?

How about the Byrnes-Wren match......(injury time)?

F
goal
goal
F
5/1

Byrnes 3
Wren 0

world cup
world cup
Thank you Ryan.

.....and thanks for NOT providing the game recap.

(Byrnes scored, Byrnes scored, Byrnes scored).

brace
brace
Quote:

ROH landed after much convincing in Shell Dula's direction. He started off by throwing beads to little children and then watches and pearls to the adults. The game was halted for 19 minutes as they had to clear the field from the chaos. Afterwards SA and Greenwood played a physical preview in what should be a fun opening round game for both.

Those weren't beads. Those were twenties. I don't get no respect!

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
At Hammond

With less than 4 minutes left:
Hammond 2
Cardinal Newman 0

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
Saturdy May 3rd

Play in game for the 4th seed in the play-offs

Porter Gaud 1
Ashley Hall 0

Porter Gaud will play on Tuesday vs a team to be determined.

goal kick
goal kick
Porter Gaud will play at St. Joseph's

Ben Lippen Varsity Girls @ St. Joseph's on Sat, May3
Ben Lippen-1, St. Joseph's-2

Goals-
Carrie Settle (BL); Mary Stanton (SJ); Emily Coggins (SJ)
Saves-
Anne Armstrong-11 (BL); Jena Mohr-7 (SJ)

Great game between two great teams. 0-0 at halftime. Ben Lippen really seemed to control the tempo for most of the game, particularly the first half. St. Joe's was able to capitalize on two breakaway opportunities, while Ben Lippen was unable to capitalize on numerous shots. St. Joseph's played a great game, giving excellent effort and playing good, physical soccer. This game betwen the two region co-champions gives St. Joe's the #1 seed in the playoffs, sending Porter Gaud to them. It also gives Ben Lippen the #2 seed, meaning they will face Hilton Head Christian in the first round on Tuesday at Ben Lippen. This was a tough one to lose and my girls fought extremely hard to stay in it. I am very proud of their heart and their effort. Time to refocus and get ready for Tuesday's match with a tough HHC team that beat us earlier in the season. It's a brand new season starting Tuesday! Keep up the hard work, ladies!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard