Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
goal kick
goal kick
As far as I'm concerned, I simply have no idea how the process is done. I know I'm new at this and will have to learn, but it seems that the coaches should be filled in more on how the process works up front. I don't know if the SCHSL does a better job of informing coaches throughout the process or not, but at times I feel left out of the loop in things like this. I just hope that we can do a better job of communicating. As far as I'm concerned, most of the selections from our region were placed on the All-State team. Of course I may be slightly biased, but I can think of only one, a Ben Lippen girl, who I believe should have made the All-State team. However, I don't disagree with the process so much b/c I don't know how it works. I just want there to be better communication between the coaches and the regions.

World Cup
World Cup
It falls on the coaches to find out the procedure I learned, but this site is an excellent source to research these things as well as your AD. I assumed that it would "just happen" if I had a good player. 100% coaches responsibility means we have to go and get active and give our players the best possible chance at making it. With so many new coaches year in and year out, it's hard for the governing bodies to keep up. Get to know the AD, check the forums above "Girls Soccer", and that should cover things. You'll make it happen next year coach!

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

You are absolutely right about that. I should have been more cognizant of how I was tying those things together. That was not my intent. I will try and edit the post to fix the mistake.

And sometimes I'm a little quick to jump to the players' defense...I've been my own victim of speaking before I think about how things are going to be heard on more than one occasion. Sorry if I came off harsh!

I've got good news and bad news...
goal kick
goal kick
Thanks for the advice. It's tough learning all the ropes. Hopefully as the seasons progress I'll get better at all this. Nothing just happens, you're right about that. I do appreciate the fact that these things get done, and hopefully I can do my part to make them successful. Best wishes to all in the playoffs!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard