Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 29 1 2 26 27 28 29
L
lfc Offline
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
L
My apologies, it was the Cardinal Newman keeper that I saw earlier this week.

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Just wondered who you saw.
That was Amy Kolowsky, SCISA 3A -Region II keeper of the year.
She is very good.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

To lfc: Lastly, and a little off topic, I also had the opportunity to watch the keeper from Hammond play HH Prep earlier in the week. She too was simply outstanding.

Hammond girls did not play HHP until today.

That game ended HHP 2 - Hammond 1.
All scores came from kicks from fouls.
It was a very even match.
HHP takes state title.

A great soccer match today that was almost ruined by the officials and the parents on both sides. I was embarrassed by what was going on both ways. I literally had to go stand next to the snow cone machine to get away from the parents on both sides.

The officials were way too involved. Neither penalty kick should have been awarded. The goal that Fuller scored with about 10 minutes to go on the free kick from about 25 yards was a thing of beauty.

Both teams played extremely hard. Congratulations to Hammond on a great season and Congratulations to HH Prep on their third straight state title.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Just wondered who you saw.
That was Amy Kolowsky, SCISA 3A -Region II keeper of the year.
She is very good.

I was on here praising Amy earlier this week. If I was a club coach, I would be trying to hunt that girl down.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
She has played for the same CLUB for several years now. I work with her dad, and have watched several of her games.

91 Girls Elite, crowned State Champions at this year’s SCYSA Challenge Cup, will represent South Carolina at the Region III Championship in Raleigh in June 2008.

H
brace
brace
H
friday was the first time i had ever been to Dorman.place was awsome.i think i will go back monday night.it is kind of like disney.takes 2 weeks to see it all.im not sure about the beacon again.im still full from the chili bacon cheeseburger A-pleanty.

world cup
world cup
Also a lot like Disney in that it required a shuttle to get from the parking lot to the playground. (I think we parked in "Pluto"?)

A soccer stadium that nice should also have a concession stand. I know that Mr. Morrison had his fill at The Beacon but I could have used a Diet Coke.

Last edited by Hurst66; 05/11/08 04:50 PM.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Goal
Goal
I checked out the Airport-BC game on Friday and thought the atmosphere was great, but the Airport stadium really makes you feel removed from the game. I sat on the press box side and burned up for about 1/2 an hour until the sun went down.

Great game to watch and two very good teams. I thought Airport had the play for the first 1/2 hour but BC came on at the end of the first half. In the second half it was all BC and the goal they scored was bound to happen. Several of the Airport parents were lamenting aloud about how hard it was to beat a team three times. I don't know who scored for BC but it was a solid goal and deserved. Whoever BC had on #3 for Airport did a great job.

After the game Airport left immediately and BC celebrated. Then the lights went out! Why? I had to use my cigarette lighter to find my way to the car. Otherwise a fun night for girls soccer.

50th for a reason!
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
The Brookland-Cayce goal was scored by senior Cayla Fralick.

Fralick had the game-winning goal as a freshman in the 2005 Lowerstate Final, during the Lady Bearcats' State Championship campaign!

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

I checked out the Airport-BC game on Friday and thought the atmosphere was great, but the Airport stadium really makes you feel removed from the game. I sat on the press box side and burned up for about 1/2 an hour until the sun went down.

Great game to watch and two very good teams. I thought Airport had the play for the first 1/2 hour but BC came on at the end of the first half. In the second half it was all BC and the goal they scored was bound to happen. Several of the Airport parents were lamenting aloud about how hard it was to beat a team three times. I don't know who scored for BC but it was a solid goal and deserved. Whoever BC had on #3 for Airport did a great job.

After the game Airport left immediately and BC celebrated. Then the lights went out! Why? I had to use my cigarette lighter to find my way to the car. Otherwise a fun night for girls soccer.

That was already addressed in other postings. Search and you'll find it. I would think a long celebration on someone else's field probably isn't the best thing to be doing when considering sportsmanship.

Page 28 of 29 1 2 26 27 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard