Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 28 29
world cup
world cup
Spartanburg 1
Clover 0

Second hand info, the goal came early in the first half.

Last edited by Hurst66; 05/06/08 03:35 AM.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Goal
Goal
Stratford-2
@Sumter-0
Congrats to the coaches and players on a good second half effort to get the win. Good luck Wednesday!

C
Coach
Coach
C
West Florence 5
Berkeley 0

Well, it's been a good run. Several factors beyond our control tonight that affected the score, plus a coach who took a gamble or two that didn't pay off, but the bottom line was West Florence put some great speed and effective shooting to good use. We gave them some opportunities and they converted them. We had our opportunites but couldn't quite find the net...oh, well...no use dwelling.

Now to figure out what I'm going to do with all my time...

I've got good news and bad news...
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Heard from someone at the Wren/N Augusta game that Wren had a player sent off with about 10 minutes to play. Does anyone have more details? North Augusta won in the 6th kick of pks.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Was Fort Mill the only region 3 team standing between region 2 and a sweep?

your girls played the best game i have watched them play all year. just dominated the first half. the play in OT just showed how much they wanted it.those little Hurst66 love using their heads.a great save by the ft mill goalie in the first half.
i must say that the byrnes goalie was always in the right position to make the save in the first half. what was the shot total bones.seems the ft mill girls were letting loose with the ball a lot.

brace
brace
Quote:

As you probably already know from previous posts, the battle of Stumpduck Ridge has come and gone. It was an entertaining game to watch with lots of quick action on both sides of the ball. Coach Rollie Sumwalt's girls really looked very snazzy in their new white uniforms, although I think it may have caused a second look or two from the casual observer as to who was home and who were the visitors.

It was nice to finally meet the man behind R-O-H and his wife as well.

tk

Blythewood outplayed us tonight. We gave up a late PK on a silly push by a ninth grader who was in for one minute due to an injury to a player, and missed a great chance to score when another ninth grader stepped in front of an open senior captain on a corner. We play them all, and it got us tonight. Poor coaching.

Best vision of the year was the girls crying because it was over. Last year they were ready to be through. This year was better.

Good luck to our fellow Region II teams, who pretty much destroyed everyone they played last night.

Last edited by Retired, Old, and Happy; 05/06/08 11:03 AM.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
brace
brace
And to Blythewood and Coach Tony.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
I will say good luck to the rest of the field against Hilton Head. By far, the best team we have faced this year (heads and tales above the rest). Very big and very talented-(maybe Hilton Head will get a big head and lose... unlikely). They do have several beasts on the field, all eleven in fact (reminds me of Wando). We did not play well. However, I can take nothing away from Hilton Head and their talent. Congrats to the rest of our region for winning! Uphold the region tradition and somebody knock them off. All I can do now is watch-terrible feeling.
Swansea-1
Hilton Head-7
Goal-Franki Jumper, Fr
Assist-Haley Meredith, Fr

corner kick
corner kick
JM:
I had total shots clocked at 21-8, some just wide or over the frame.

Doin' it the hard way...
goal kick
goal kick
Boys,
Clover just got beat last night.
It could have been 0-0 if we'd not given them an almost free one, but it could have easily been 3-0 as well.
Couldn't match the Sburg quickness and one touch passing in general.

Page 5 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard