Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 29 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 28 29
goal kick
goal kick
SCISA 3A Quarterinals

Hilton Head Christian-1
@ Ben Lippen-3

Goals: Carrie Settle 8:30(BL); Meritt Rollins 13:10(BL); Sammi Osman 30:45(BL); Melissa Whitten 57:30(HHC)
Assists: Meritt Rollins (BL)
Saves: Anne Armstrong (BL)-15; Janell Raquet (HHC)-5

Excellent game tonight in the first round of the playoffs. My girls played the best half of soccer we have played this season in the first half. We dominated the first half offensively and controlled the tempo of the game. HHC came out in the second half playing hard, physical soccer while we hung back and played not to lose. Not a great second half, but we did what we needed to when we needed to in order to get the win. I'm proud of the heart and effort my girls put forth tonight. They played a very good overall game against a team that had beaten us earlier this season to keep our season alive. Meritt Rollins, Sammi Osman, and Carrie Settle all played a dominant game in the midfield and forward positions, opening up passing lanes and lifting up their teammates. Sam Currier stepped up in a big way in the second half to help keep HHC out of the net. Rebecca Schoon played a great game at the sweeper spot. Excellent effort from everyone on the field. I believe we head to HHP Thursday if they held on to beat Cardinal Newman. Heard that one was a close game, but could be wrong. Great win, ladies! Keep up the hard work!

World Cup
World Cup
Good stuff Coach Brown! Hilton Head wouldn't have to drive so far if all these private schools would settle down and go public!

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Spring Valley 5
Fort Dorchester 0

Spring Valley had a difficult time getting started, but at the 20 minute mark Coach Lea made a substitution that sparked the team and Hanna made her first goal. Before the half she had a second one. The second half Hanna scored a goal within the first 10 minutes..Coach Lea let Jamie out of her cage (goal), and within another 5 minutes SV was up by 5. At that time Coach Lea emptied the bench, and the play ended up 5-0 for SV. The bench had multiple chances, but never capitalized.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Hilton Head Prep 3
Cardinal Newman 0

Halftime score 0-0
Total shots:
HHP 29
CN 7

Coach Brown,

Congratulations on a great win. Sometimes all you have to play is one great half. That is what happened on Hilton Head.

My props to Cardinal Newman and the effort they gave tonight. If any club coach out there needs an outstanding goalie, Amy Kowalski of Cardinal Newman can flat out play. She single handedly kept CN in the game in the first half. She made three or four saves that very few keepers I have seen in the state could have made and she has a cannon for a leg. She punted a ball from box to box tonight.

Hilton Head Prep played a magnificent second half and came away with a 3-0 win.

I am looking forward to watching a great girls soccer game between Hilton Head Prep and Ben Lippen in the semifinals on Thursday.

T
TS Offline
goal kick
goal kick
T
SCISA 3A Quarterfinals
@ Pinewood Prep

Hammond -4
Pinewood -3

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

SCISA 3A Quarterfinals
@ Pinewood Prep

Hammond -4
Pinewood -3

Congratulations to Hammond. This is a shocker to me. I thought Pinewood would make it all the way to the finals.

K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
In 2A, a hard fought battle was played last night against Aynor and Loris girls. Loris had Aynor's number 3x during the season. The game went to a shootout after Loris tied the game in OT and Aynor came back and tied it minutes later. The players on both teams fought til the end and had 5 shooters go with it still being tied, and Aynor was able to pass one pass our GK and we could not finish.
Both teams played with all their heart and it was very exciting game. It was not the best soccer game but both teams played with every ounce of energy and determination to win the game. These teams are region rivals and it was the 4th time they met this year.
Congrats to both teams and all the players. Good Luck to Aynor who plays Bishop England tonight.
It was a fun and a great season for Loris for all they did this year in their 2nd year as a girls program.

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

Good stuff Coach Brown! Hilton Head wouldn't have to drive so far if all these private schools would settle down and go public!

I like the way you think, Dale Jr. That solution certainly would cut this kind of travel time down. Oh well, one Hilton Head team was willing to come to us, so now I guess it's time for us to return the favor to the great Hilton Head Island. This will my first trip to that place, but unfortunately, I don't think it will include time at the beach. I don't think this trip will be much of a vacation, but it would be nice if it had a happy ending!

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

Coach Brown,

Congratulations on a great win. Sometimes all you have to play is one great half. That is what happened on Hilton Head.

I am looking forward to watching a great girls soccer game between Hilton Head Prep and Ben Lippen in the semifinals on Thursday.

SCISA sports fan, you're right...sometimes all you need is one great half. We did what we needed to do, but we'll have to do more on Thursday if we plan to win. Amy Kolowky is a fantastic goalkeeper from CN who is only a Soph, I believe. Congratulations to HHP on a great win last night! I'm looking forward to what I hope will be a great game Thursday night. If you're there for the game, stop by and say hello. I, too, was surprised about Hammond. I guess the upperstate teams have fared better than expected. Do you know about St. Joe's/Porter-Gaud?

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
Played @ Heathwood Hall

St. Joseph's 2
Porter Gaud 1

Page 12 of 29 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard