Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 29 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 28 29
goal kick
goal kick
Thanks for posting that one. Looks like it was a close one. Congratulations to St. Joe's for a good win! They will host Hammond in the Semifinals, that should be a good game!

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Thanks for posting that one. Looks like it was a close one. Congratulations to St. Joe's for a good win! They will host Hammond in the Semifinals, that should be a good game!

Porter Gaud scores can be very misleading. It may well have been close, but the PG games I have seen have all been close in score with PG absolutely getting hammered on the field.

They like to pack 10 players inside the 18 and make you shoot through them. Then they send long balls out to their one forward in hopes for a breakaway.

It keeps the scores down, but they never really have a chance to win.

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
I tend to disagree with that statement. LAst nights game was wide open with both teams having chance to score. St Joes went up 2-0, PG fought back to make it 2-1 at the half.
In the second both teams had chances but St. Joes came out on top, congrats to them and best of luck in the next round.
In reference to your statement about packing it in, the only tem that PG did that too this season was Hilton Head Prep and Wando in the Rotary. Sometimes you have to know your limitations,why not have a team try to break you down instead of getting tonked.

G
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
G
3/6
Regular Season Game

Shannon Forest- 1
Rabun Gap- 1

Congrats to the Shannon Forest Girls Team. They finish the regular season 9-3-1 and won the CAA Conference Championship last night. Playoffs for Shannon Forest start Saturday.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
dcut

I stand corrected. It sure seemed to me that was the strategy PG employed at Hilton Head Christian also. Congratulations on a well played game yesterday.

After seeing PG against St. Joe's and HHP both, how do you think the teams stack up against each other if they make it to the finals?

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Whoa, too early sports fan . . .
HHP has to get by Ben Lippen tomorrow which should be a good game and
St. Joe's has to get by a Hammond team that is playing as good as anyone right now.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Whoa, too early sports fan . . .
HHP has to get by Ben Lippen tomorrow which should be a good game and
St. Joe's has to get by a Hammond team that is playing as good as anyone right now.

I know I know. Not trying to slight anybody. Just wanted an opinion from a Porter Gaud fan that has seen both teams. Not sure many PG fans will be around the next few days.

D
corner kick
corner kick
D
Having played Hammon and HHP asuming both teams advance i think HHP will come out on top. I have not seen Ben Lippen play but from what i read they sure seem like a quality team. Its nice to see some paridoy within SCISA.
SCISA sports fan no slight taken. PG only had one player thaat played club soccer last fall. St Joes beat PG in the smae round of the playoffs last season 7-0, so ithink the progress has been great for the PG soccer program. Who knows what will happen next season.
The semis this year should be interesting to watch and read about. Good luck to all teams involved

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
wade hampton 2 barnwell 0

S
throw in
throw in
S
Riverside 1 Eastside 0

Riverside scored in the first five minutes of the 1H on a ball from the left back (Anne Austin) to a forward (Anna Tarry) in front of the goal

Page 13 of 29 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard