Print Thread
Page 17 of 29 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 28 29
CJ #103246 05/08/08 02:49 AM
world cup
world cup
CJ,

Congratulations on your big win.

I assume you are working on your recap?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Goal
Goal
I assume you are working on your recap?

Or Nightcap?

Victory Starts Here!
CJ #103248 05/08/08 03:26 AM
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Good year for the Lady T'Breds though. They will be back!

BamBam #103249 05/08/08 03:32 AM
T
corner kick
corner kick
T
Well, it was a good game. Perhaps a "classic" even. Down to the wire with both teams having a chance to win it.

Blythewood went up 1-0 in the first half and then missed a PK-- a better description would be that the Daniel keeper made a save on the PK attempt to keep the score 1-0 at half. At sometime in the 2nd half (NeverPlayed might be able to help me out with the exact timing of things) Daniel scored off a corner to knot it at 1-1. For the rest of regulation time and through overtime and golden goal both had chances-- neither converted. I am EXTREEMELY proud of my girls for being able to hold Daniel who has already scored 101 goals this season to the single tally that they scored during the 110 minutes of play.

On to PK's

Daniel scored 2, had two saved, and missed one? I think.

We scored 3, had one saved, and missed one. It came down the last kick of the 1st 5.

It was a physical game to say the least. Several players knocked down but not out on both sides. Three yellows handed out-- two them one us. Is that right NeverPlayed? I didn't record any other ones.

Speaking of NeverPlayed-- it was a pleasure to meet him after the game, he walked over after the game to say hello and I thank him for that- it was nice to put the face with the name.

I'm going to defer to NeverPlayed for his take on the referees.

To wrap it up b/c it is getting kinda long- Thanks to my wife and all the others who came out for the game especially the boys soccer and baseball players who made it there, especially at the end and also kudos to them for the way they behaved. (Or at least how they behaved while I was watching/listening and not absorbed by the game)

Good luck to the boys tomorrow as they take on Daniel too and congratulations to the baseball team for their win over Riverside tonight as well.

tk

Tony King
throw in
throw in
Great game Lady Bengals it was a fantastic game to watch, very physical to say the least. Good Luck in the 3rd round of play-offs, were behind you all the way!

Blythewood High School Boys Soccer
World Cup
World Cup
Dorman played fantastic and is easily the best team we've seen all season. Just way too much for us early on. Attempted to start out defensive and work our way to halftime before making a press, but that quickly went out the windown sometime in the first 10 to 15 minutes. We were treated well and it was the best officiating crew we've had all year long.

Congrats to CJ and Hanna on the 3rd round. Break the record of 06 and take it one step further!

U
throw in
throw in
U
whats up with the chapin vs carolina forest game?

U
throw in
throw in
U
If Chapin advances it will be 3 of final four teams in Lower State from Region 4. Not too shabby..

N
corner kick
corner kick
N
Daniel 1
Blythewood 1
Blythewood wins in PK's 3-2

I feel beat up, and I wasn't even on the field. 110+ minutes of soccer and 5 hours on the road just wears us over 50 folk out!

Great recap Coach King. Very physical, evenly matched game. I thought the refs let things get a little too rough, and missed some obvious calls on both sides of the ball. And what was up with the ref consulting the rule book before the PK's? That was comical!

Great to meet you and thanks for a "classic" game. Good luck against Riverside Friday. Some of us might even ride over to watch.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

At Wando:

WANDO - 2
Spring Valley - 0

Goals: Both by Olivia Urig
Shutout: J. Davis

Great Game for 62 minutes, neither team could penetrate each other's defenses, ball control was probably 55%-45% in Wando's favor (as a biased SV parent -- the Wando familiar officials helped tip it in Wando's favor) The #12 managed to sneak behind our defense, (while one of our defender's had been sub'ed out due to injuries) and she was able to beat Jamie on one to one - great goal #12. SV then tried to pull it back, but could not. GOOD GAME WANDO, the European style play was tough on our smaller framed ladies. The SV ladies played what I say was there best game this season, and they should be very proud how they clicked and work as a single team.

Page 17 of 29 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard