Print Thread
Page 20 of 29 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 28 29
S
bench
bench
S
Quote:

The Pain Train:

Where is the recap of the Mauldin vs Lexington game? Or anyone else. In the words of Hurst "I need details".

Lexington 1 (pen) Mauldin 2 with overtime.
A breezy wind blowing diagonally across the field contributed to Mauldin having the better of the first half but no score. Lexington came out in the second half exerting terrific pressure with individual players making excellent runs on the Mauldin goal for about the first 15 minutes, Mauldin were defending magnificently. Gradually the Lexington pressure eased as Lexington players started cramping and they began to look tired.

Mauldin proved to be the fittest team and took the game to Lexington, eventually scoring a goal that may have been marginally offside. With 7 minutes left the Mauldin goalie made a one handed full stretch save, the chasing Lexington player tried to carry the ball with her momentum into the net but the goalie held firm. The Lexington player fell over the ball and duly got the penalty and scored subsequent goal and the goalie got a yellow card. The ref restarted the game with the two girls still exchanging jerseys. Full time 1-1.

In overtime Mauldin deserved a penalty for a trip from behind on the freshman center forward when she broke free and was going past the goalie. Mauldin then scored a cracking goal from a seeming impossible angle late in the first half and held onto the lead.

A clean hard fought game with a full seasons worth of drama and excitement all rolled into this one game.

Last edited by soccerwatcher; 05/08/08 02:10 PM.
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
[quote I agree.…..this was a GREAT game. (As a biased Wando parent---I’m thinking where is the love from the ref for the home team???) Either way the refs did not make the difference in the game.

Good job girls, you earned this win.

I agree...Wando was the better team, and yet SV held up..and I am still a biased SV parent. Thanks for hosting and putting up with us. Next year we move to upstate, so we will have to insure we met Wando in the finals, and we should have 10 sophomores, 2 freshman will be older and wiser after playing last night. No excuses, but #12 did a great job getting behind our defense..look at our record, and the only team to have scored two goals against us in regular play has been Wando!

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

[quote I agree.…..this was a GREAT game. (As a biased Wando parent---I’m thinking where is the love from the ref for the home team???) Either way the refs did not make the difference in the game.

Good job girls, you earned this win.

I agree...Wando was the better team, and yet SV held up..and I am still a biased SV parent. Thanks for hosting and putting up with us. Next year we move to upstate, so we will have to insure we met Wando in the finals, and we should have 10 sophomores, 2 freshman will be older and wiser after playing last night. No excuses, but #12 did a great job getting behind our defense..look at our record, and the only team to have scored two goals against us in regular play has been Wando!

if im not mistaken you move into a region with rock hill,south point and lancaster next year.you will not have to much trouble keeping teams out of your goal next year either!

W
throw in
throw in
W
Quote:

Next year we move to upstate, so we will have to insure we met Wando in the finals,

Watch out Region IV! I wouldn't be surprised to see a SV/Wando final in '09.

Disclaimer: No disrespect meant to any other team in contention for the '09 final.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

Next year we move to upstate, so we will have to insure we met Wando in the finals,

Watch out Region IV! I wouldn't be surprised to see a SV/Wando final in '09.

Disclaimer: No disrespect meant to any other team in contention for the '09 final.

how many players will wando graduate this year.i only know 2 players on the team and one is a sr.

SV-Dad #103281 05/08/08 02:55 PM
Goal
Goal
Great game for B'wood last night. I have a new favorite player in Alexis Allen! She's fast and awesome! Great atmosphere last night too!

Victory Starts Here!
202677 #103282 05/08/08 02:56 PM
throw in
throw in
Agreed

Blythewood High School Boys Soccer
W
throw in
throw in
W
Wando graduates six seniors.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Wando graduates six seniors.

Were they all starters ?
I also noticed #20 a freshman starting and playing most of the game. I had her on my daughter's team when she was 7-12 years old. It was great watching her play.

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Post deleted by FREEHOLD

Page 20 of 29 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard