Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 26 of 29 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 29
Goooalaso #103336 05/10/08 12:49 PM
brace
brace
I saw the injury to Sarah Jacobs on clean 1-on-1 ball during the Eastside game with about 10 minutes left, and watched as Sarah limped off the field. She didn't play against Blythewood in the next game, and from what I hear has meniscus or MCl damage.

Injuries are never good, but I personally respect Sarah Jacobs as much as any high school player I have ever watched. She is top ten in her class academically, top 1 in soccer, and is just one of the nicest young ladies you could ever watch play this wonderful game.

Sarah, from the opposing coach who told you I was voting for you for Player of the Year, hurt or not, I still am. Get well soon, young lady.

Can you imagine how good Riverside is if they can win 7-0 without their MVP? I get to watch it twice a year, and I guess Swansea is scheduling them soon so get ready Meredith..

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
N
corner kick
corner kick
N
From the Greenville News:

Walhalla 2
Christ Church 1

Decided in Sudden Death PK's

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbc...UPSTATESPORTS02
(edit: Forgot the link)

More details Goal08?

brace
brace
Quote:

From the Greenville News:

Walhalla 2
Christ Church 1

Decided in Sudden Death PK's

More details Goal08?

Article in the Greenville News says that CC was winning with 1 minute left and that Walhalla scored a goal (read the article to find out how). Sure it will be in the "News" forum this weekend.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
Goal
Goal
I went over to West Columbia last night to watch the Airport/BC game. What a thriller! Great crowd, great atmosphere, and spirited play. That community really turns out for that rivalry.

I thought Airport had the better play the first 25 minutes of the game, but BC came on towards the end of the half. Early in the second half, BC really asserted themselves and pressured Airport and were finally rewarded. Then they just hung on for the win. Good game.

A couple of questions though. There must have been around 800 people there and no concession stands were open??? Also, why was Airport sitting on the BC side? Seemed strange. Lastly, whoever cut the lights off right after the game is a nimwit. I tripped over a stroller on my way out.

I bet that wouldn't happen after a football game.

Victory Starts Here!
corner kick
corner kick
HH 1
Chapin 0

WHAT A GAME!

Most of the game was played in the center of the field or towards the Chapin end Layla was quick off her line all night and easily scooped up everything inside the 18, Chapin relied on quick counters out of the back. Only 1 real scoring opportunity for either team in the 1st half came off a corner for HH...Layla came out hard for it and got taken down, Chapin was slow to clear, after the ball bounced around infront of the goal for what seemed like an eternity HH redirected it on goal Layla's quick reflexes were the only thing that saved a goal. In the second half it was more of the same HH had another almost identical corner with a redirect that Layla snagged off of the line. Chapin had 3 1v1 with the keeper and could not find the back of the net. HH's goal came with about 3 minutes to go from a beautiful ball played in and a great header that found the back of the net. Not sure who played it in but i think it was Sosa with the header.

HH had a player go down in about the 20th minute, scary situation and I still don't know what happened. It was away from from the play and no one was around her she stayed down for at least 5 minutes then was helped off the field. It was player #5 anyone know what happened?

All in all it was a great game, very physical (but clean), refs were not bad and let the play go maybe a slight home field advantage but it did not affect the outcome of the game.

Good luck to HH against BC. We'll see you again next year!

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
S
throw in
throw in
S
The AD. At Airport will get a call on monday.We also will be calling the district office .Why would anybody turn the lights off on 800 people.Any news on the Airport girl that got hurt late in the game . I think it was number 14 .

sancho
bench
bench
Quote:

A couple of questions though. There must have been around 800 people there and no concession stands were open??? Also, why was Airport sitting on the BC side? Seemed strange. Lastly, whoever cut the lights off right after the game is a nimwit. I tripped over a stroller on my way out.

I bet that wouldn't happen after a football game.

All i have to say is thats about right for airport. i bet half of the crowd (from both sides) was still in the stadium when the lights were turned off, but from what ive heard, the airport - bc rivalry is pretty hostile. that doesnt give reason to put the two teams in the dark though. luckily it didnt spoil the quality of the game. well fought by both sides, good match.

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

I strongly disagree with soccercrazy. The ref did the right thing after RHS unnecessarily roughed up some Blythewood girls early in the first half. He had to call it more tightly to prevent the game from getting out of control. He succeeded. The players' safety is every ref's top priority. The Warriors dominated the game and would have won with less physical style.

Very physical to say the least. Despite the score, I can say that the Lady Bengals have class. This is more than I can say about Riverside. Good luck to all in the upper and lower state games.

C
Brace
Brace
C
Sancho--it was not the AD that cut out the lights. We had a break down in communication in that the assistant coach who usually does the lights was tending to his daughter #14. Not all the lights were supposed to be turned off, but we did want to turn off a couple of lights to allow the crowds on both sides to disperse and let the ambulance and medical staff do their stuff. Believe me--the blackout was not intentional and if we could have turned the lights back on immediately--we would have--for both sides' fans and for the incoming ambulance. No disrespect was intended for the BC fans or teams.
Good luck to BC on Monday vs HH.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Thanks Mr. Morris how is the young Lady Today.

sancho
Page 26 of 29 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard