Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 29 1 2 27 28 29
H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Also a lot like Disney in that it required a shuttle to get from the parking lot to the playground. (I think we parked in "Pluto"?)

A soccer stadium that nice should also have a concession stand. I know that Mr. Morrison had his fill at The Beacon but I could have used a Diet Coke.
[/quote

it sure wasnt a small world.
at my age the bathroom could of been closer.but why complain about a place that nice.i would love to have that pitch for a front yard.no dirt spots like mine.

Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Quote:

I would think a long celebration on someone else's field probably isn't the best thing to be doing when considering sportsmanship.

I wouldn't view B-C's celebration as "long", when there were still a good number of Airport players and supporters in the stadium. I'm going to believe CoachMorris' call on that it was a "miscommunication" as Coach Shumpert was tending to his daughter's injury.

Well played by both teams though, definitely a great atmosphere for high school soccer.

goal
goal
If you don't want emotion in a big time game GO PLAY INTRAMURALS BROTHER!!!!!! ITS THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDIN ME!!!! I don't buy the miscommunication of the lights crap!!!! All those people there why would you turn off any light in the stadium!!!!

A SHARK ATE ME YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL
World Cup
World Cup
Airport girls and fans were there, too. No one would purposely do that to their own. Are those...one dollar bills?

S
throw in
throw in
S
One question is will B/C be ready for HH (at HH)especially after a very emotion and tough win over a very close rival in just 3 nights?

goal
goal
I think the girls will be ready!!! What do they have to lose!!!! Those aren't dollars my friend!!! Gotta make it rain!!!

A SHARK ATE ME YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL
bench
bench
The lights are always turned out really quick at airport after soccer games. Never anything personal just the way thinks are.

bench
bench
And thats for both genders playing

S
bench
bench
S
Mauldin 1 Dorman 0

A one handed, full stretch save by Mauldin's goalie Curran Smith, a clearance off the goal line by Mauldin defender Leah Young and a set piece goal from a corner, by Mauldin's goal scoring machine, Sarah Schaidle and you have the difference in these two teams nicely summed up. Last night it was the defenders who dominated, the play generally took place on both sides of the center line, as play progressed, we knew one goal would win it. These are two powerful teams, both well coached, both very fit, both fully committed and both understand the nuances of the game. Mauldin extracted revenge when it really mattered for two consecutive defeats on penalties by Dorman.

What also needs comment is the excellent officiating, the best I have seen in high school soccer for as long as I can remember. The officials let the game flow, they were not concerned with trivia offenses and were even handed in their application of the rules. There was a good sprinkling of high school students and the officiating was so good that the student complains were good humored and not emotional.

Finally the soccer facilities. A new, clean ground, an area set aside exclusively for soccer, including a level playing surface covered completely with beautiful real green grass ..... whatever next?.

corner kick
corner kick

Soccerwatcher,

This is a great recap of the game. The only thing I could add would be the wind at the beginning of the game did cause both teams some problems, but it didn't change the outcome. Both Keepers played great. Mauldin was able to clear the ball in the box and Dorman wasn't able to. The fans were great. The Mauldin boys up front were rowdy, but I thought the Dorman AD and resource officer kept everything in check without it being a distraction to the players.

Dorman is a great team and had a great season.

Page 29 of 29 1 2 27 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard