Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#103593 05/05/08 05:42 PM
S
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
S
Any idea when schedules for the 1st round of the 2008 Challenge Cup will be posted?

D
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
D

C
Goal
Goal
C
Predictions anyone? Looks like three clubs continue to dominate the state.

U13 Boys

CESA 94 v. CUFC 94
Bridge 94 v. Aiken Storm

U14 Boys

Bridge 93 v. CUFC 93
CESA 93 v. MPSC 93

U13 Girls

Bridge 94 v. SAA Elite
CESA 94 v. CUFC 94

U14 Girls

Bridge 93 v. CESA 93
CUFC 93 v. CESA Challenge I

Last edited by Lowcountry Attack; 05/14/08 05:50 PM.
C
Goal
Goal
C
Good luck to all teams this weekend.

corner kick
corner kick
U13 boys

CESA 94 - 5
CUFC 94 - 0

Bridge 94 - 2
Aiken - 2
Bridge wins in pk's

U14 boys
Bridge 93 - 0
CUFC 93 - 1

Cesa 93 - 2
MPSC 93 - 0
(I think...pretty sure)

U-13 Girls
CESA 94 - 0
SAA Elite - 0
SAA wins in PK's

CESA 94 - 0
CUFC 94 - 0
CESA wins in PK's

U-14 Girls
CUFC 93 - 1
CESA 93 - 1
Cesa wins in PK's

Not sure on the CESA 93 V Bridge 93 game...thought I heard someone say CESA won in regulation but I don't know the score.

Congrats to all the teams and good luck tomorrow!

Now off to watch Chapin beatup on Riverside...I HOPE!

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
H
goal
goal
H
A big "well done" to the CUFC U-14 boys. They beat a Bridge team that finished 3rd in the Premier League at 10-2-1 and is ranked #20 in the country. Great job guys, and great job Coach.

G
bench
bench
G
actually Bridge 94 played SAA not CESA.

We would still like to know why SAA was ineligable and then eligable?? There were girls on the SAA team that didn't play all season long. I don't see how that is fair.

A
bench
bench
A
I saw the game Bridge 94 vs SAA. We played on the field next to them. SAA was not the same team that I saw earlier in the season with 4 or 5 girls on the team that did not play in any league games. Though the team looked better it was not the same caliber as the Bridge The Bridge dominated the game ( I do not think SAA had ay shots on goal)and lost in PK's. I would question the coach's ethics and the league's rules on how the team was allowed to play. They also had a sideline of parents that were very confrontational and vocal. This is the type of team that gives youth soccer a bad name.
Unless they show up with 5 more new players CESA will win.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Quote:

actually Bridge 94 played SAA not CESA.

We would still like to know why SAA was ineligable and then eligable?? There were girls on the SAA team that didn't play all season long. I don't see how that is fair.

It seems to me that if a team is deemed ineligable then they are ineligable. Would SCYSA cover all their bases before they deem a team ineligable?
Is there not a rule against teams bring in high school players at the end of the season who have not played a league game? One of the kid told my daughter that she was only here to play in the state cup.
Other than all the off the field distractions, the game was a good one. Bridge 94 had 27 shots to SAA 7. Double overtime and two rounds of PK's(8-7).

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Is there not a rule against teams bring in high school players at the end of the season who have not played a league game?

The Challenge Cup roster freeze date was April 28. As long as the players are on the roster by that date and meet all other eligibility requirements, they are eligible to play in the Cup. The requirement is that they are on the roster. There is no minimum playing time requirement.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Quote:

[ There is no minimum playing time requirement.

I know...That's my point. And ethically is it right to bring in players at the last minute that have not played or maybe played one league game?

goal
goal

SPRING 2008 Publix Challenge Cup Schedules
Publix Challenge Cup Spring 2008

Division Champion Finalist Result
U13 BOYS CHALLENGE CESA 94 Boys Premier Bridge FA 94 Boys Gold 2:0
U13 GIRLS CHALLENGE CESA 94 Girls Premier SAA Elite 3:0
U14 BOYS CHALLENGE Columbia United FC 93 Boys Elite CESA 93 Boys Premier 1:0
U14 GIRLS CHALLENGE CESA 93 Girls Premier CESA 93 Girls Challenge I 1:0

Congrats to all, and good luck in the RPIII next season.

Joe Siatkowski Mauldin Soccer I fear no evil
B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Stunning!!!

Congrats to CUFC 03 Elite for two unbelievable wins!!!

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Yes..That had to be a great weekend for the team..I am sure they are on cloud 9 right now..Good Job Fellas..

J
goal kick
goal kick
J
At what age group do the teams travel to regionals in the summer? Will these U13 and U14 champion teams be going this summer?

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Only the U14's

L
Goal
Goal
L
11 cesa teams earned spots for r3pl - next fall/spring. 1 team in each age group and 2 for the u15g.

B
bench
bench
B
Congratulations to CUFC 93 Boys on their State Cup Championship. This was a shocker, but that's why you lace them up. Good luck in the Premier League.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
I am very curious about SAA

first they were banned
then they were reinstated
then they played with 4-5 new players (see thread I have no idea if true or not)

Then they come in second and qualify for premier league.

This is a group that was called rec players by a CESA parent in another thread.

What exactly happened?

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
What happened is they finished second and some are not happy with it..Scream FOUL before your game not after you lose to them..Then it just looks like sour grapes..

L
kick off
kick off
L
I watched the U13G Bridge vs SAA game Saturday and Bridge dominated the entire game but just could not put one in the back of the net. Bridge players were technically better all around but lost from the spot. This is exactly why we play the game. Great job SAA!

S
kick off
kick off
S
The 94 Bridge Girls should have been in the finals. There should be a rule that a player has to play a % of games to qualify to be on a State Cup roster .SAA will get demolished in the premier league....especially if all the addt'l players continue to play school ball. They only won 2-3 league games this season. There is talk that they will take 3 teams to premier. Bridge 94 will prove their worth then against SAA if this is true. The whole SAA thing does not set a good example to these young girls....as one said bending the rules to try to win.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
I was just curious as to why they were removed and then reinstated... that is all...

goal
goal
Props to the CESA 14G Premier on their win in the finals and WAY TO GO 14G CHALLENGE1 FOR A GREAT SEASON AND QUALIFYING for the RIIIP!

Joe Siatkowski Mauldin Soccer I fear no evil
L
kick off
kick off
L
SAA did not bend the rules they met the roster cut-off date and won the game. Sounds like a good example to follow. They allowed girls to play school ball and club ball. Why is this any different than taking guest players to a tournament? Everyone puts together their best team to win. Best of luck next season to both SAA and Bridge 94.

A
bench
bench
A
I saw the game people. SAA did not impress me. The coach stacked the defense and had no offense. If anything the coach new he would get demolished if he played soccer the way it was meant to be played. The coached did everything by the rules but that does not mean he set a good example or that what he did was ethical. I would not want my child to be coached by such poor example. Soccer is not always about our children winning. Good Values could also be set.

P
kick off
kick off
P
Asoccerparent,
Posted 3/11/08 in the U13G Challenge League Thread
Quote:

Why were such weak teams allowed in this division? It is obvious some of the teams would JUST (maybe) be competitive in the lower division. Shouldn't this be screened in all age groups. A lot of driving to play teams that can't give you a good game. Is it the coaches of the teams that don't know what they are doing???

Now that one of those "weaker" teams put a good run together at the end of the season, they must be lacking values or ethics!? Please clarify your position. Do you want more teams to challenge for the win, or do you only want teams to challenge for a win if they share your opinions on tactics and ethics?

A
bench
bench
A
Clearly CESA beat your SAA team with ease. We would rather have a competitive game against a strong team that plays the game of soccer with ethics, morals and values than walk all over a team with none of the above plus a sideline that is also missing the above traits. I stick with my assesment that they are a weak team in all areas.

S
kick off
kick off
S
It is what it is and the coach and the girls will have to live with the decisions that the coach made.I would not have allowed my daughter to join a team at the end of the season. If you observed the parents of SAA on the sidelines you would know what kind of team they are....hopefully they won't all follow by example. One player on SAA was running her mouth to a Bridge parent in the middle of the game ....you judge the quality of the girls and the team.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
next time...beat them and stop complaining

A
bench
bench
A
In fact we did bet them! In reply to soccerrules - I noticed the striker on SAA displaying terrible behavior to the parents, the opposing team and even to her own team mates.

S
coach
coach
S
Ethics, morals, and values?

You folks realize that you're publicly trashing a group of 12 year old kids, right?

I realize losing stings...but I'd have to wonder if getting on a message board anonymously to attack a group of 12 year olds is in keeping with the strict "ethics, morals, and values" to which you folks so fervantly profess.

S
kick off
kick off
S
Oh, we will beat them ......that's right 4-0 in League game.

Tournament play vs State Championship playoffs ...think about it. You usually invite players to tournaments to familiarize them with your team or if you are playing up it is always nice to have extra players. State Cup playoffs is supposed to be the top teams in the State . Why do we even have a league if you can put together any team you want at the end of the season ?

S
kick off
kick off
S
Not trashing the girls ...the coach and parents should have the ethics,morals and values....are you anonymous?????

quote]Ethics, morals, and values?

You folks realize that you're publicly trashing a group of 12 year old kids, right?

I realize losing stings...but I'd have to wonder if getting on a message board anonymously to attack a group of 12 year olds is in keeping with the strict "ethics, morals, and values" to which you folks so fervantly profess.

coach
coach
aallegedsoccerparent,
The purpose of any sport is for the KIDS to have fun. If there is little or no fun in just participating and playing the game, then they will either leave the sport or begin to exhibit the same conduct as their respective parents. I have experienced a lot of sports activities - coaching basketball, baseball, soccer - and most of it was fun except when the parents began to put undue stress on their kids to perform to 'their expectations'. And when you have that stressful situation coupled with a 'win at all costs' coach, there ceases to be any fun in the sport. So.......make sure the KIDS are having fun first; before you even think about winning and beating the other team.

soccerallegedlyrules,
A 11-12 yr old girl was running her mouth at a Bridge parent???
I am sure that it was quite possibly the other way around.
From what I have seen in 6 years of club reffing, the kids would be much better off and able to enjoy their soccer experiences, if parents were banned from the games.

Last edited by 2004striker; 05/20/08 01:25 PM.
S
coach
coach
S
Quote:

Not trashing the girls ...the coach and parents should have the ethics,morals and values....are you anonymous?????

Previously you wrote:

Quote:

One player on SAA was running her mouth to a Bridge parent in the middle of the game ....you judge the quality of the girls and the team.

Dude...have you no shame?

P.S. My name is "Mark Campbell" -- and yours is?

S
coach
coach
S
SAA competed within the rules of the SCYSA state challenge league rules and beat your team. Clearly, you don't agree with the SCYSA state challenge league and cup rules. Okay; it's absolutely valid to discuss and debate rules concerning roster freeze dates (although I don't think that gets at what you really want -- which is some type of enforced "you must play in some percentage of games over some period of time in order to play in the state challenge cup.")

Also you have a real problem with other teams bunkering. I guess you'd also like some rules against that as well. I understand the frustration of an opponent's team bunkering; at the same time, I was never quite so arrogant as to believe that it somehow violates "ethics, morals, and values" inherent in the sport.

None of this rises to much other than idle chatter on a message board; however, when you start calling out 12-year old kids and cloaking yourself as the arbiter of moral and ethical values, it just gets a bit hard to stomach.

I went back and read some of what has been written -- there's been criticism of SAA by a small group of parents for a while now (e.g., hokey soccer, etc.). Karma is a drag, isn't it?

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

If you observed the parents of SAA on the sidelines you would know what kind of team they are....hopefully they won't all follow by example. One player on SAA was running her mouth to a Bridge parent in the middle of the game ....you judge the quality of the girls and the team.

What kind of team are they? Passionate, Hungry, Driven?

I have no dog in this fight but...Why would any resonable adult judge the "quality" of a 12 or 13 yo little girl based on their behavior in an emotionaly supercharged environment such as State Cup?

I am more apt to ask what did the adult say to the child which made the child lashout?

I think we have all been to games where the parents and players get over excited because their team is either winning or losing a "big match". We have all heard parents and players a like lashout at each other, their teammates, coaches and the refs. But in the end they are all good parents and kids that just got caught up in the moment.
To say "...you judge the quality of the girls and the team." is just WEAK!

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
S
kick off
kick off
S
That's not trashing the girl it's the coldhardtruth( i wish i had that name)Our coach trains our girls to play clean.
Does your child play soccer ?

Quote:

Quote:

Previously you wrote:

Quote:

One player on SAA was running her mouth to a Bridge parent in the middle of the game ....you judge the quality of the girls and the team.

Dude...have you no shame?

P.S. My name is "Mark Campbell" -- and yours is?

corner kick
corner kick
Soccerrules...just an FYI...Shibumi's daughter is one of the better female players in the state and if I'm not mistaken will be playing division one next year.

N
corner kick
corner kick
N
Asking Shibumi "Does your child play soccer?". PRICELESS!

B
kick off
kick off
B
Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones,

Is it ethical or moral to,

1) recruit from every team in the state while the season is ongoing

2) allow a current player to join the team from Hilton Head during midseason

2) recruit players to practice from this blog while your wife is team manager for BFA 94

3) play guest players at tournaments in place of the players on your team who have been at practice

4) allow players who do not travel to practice with the team during the week to play on the weekend.

5) parents who pulled their daughter during the mp game because the coach would not let her play

6) you writing a midnight diatribe which caused the coach to not show for the next match( take your ball and go away coach Z)

7) the parent arguing in front of every one with the BFA DOC at the next match because he wanted to coach

Please do yourself and the the other parents a favor and quit whining about getting beat the way you have played since your inception.

The game is settled on the field and by goals and nothing else. If you are the team you say you are you would have held your head high and walked off the field proud as 3rd place finishers.

Instead you have exposed yourselves for what you are. Quit whining about the game and instead go and recruit 4 or 5 more players ( you know you cannot develop them) and try again next year. Maybe you can beg the state to allow you to play premier even though you did not deserve it

Never, never, try to preach morals and ethics from one of the most corrupt teams( COACHES AND PARENTS NOT PLAYERS) in the State.

S
kick off
kick off
S
How do you know so much about this team?????

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
Shibumi's daughter played for the best club team in the state, played on one of the best school teams and will play for USC. Throw in a state Gatoraide Player of the Year and a couple other POYs and you have a pretty good soccer player.

C
Goal
Goal
C
Quote:

How do you know so much about this team?????

So does this statement validate all of BS's points?

S
kick off
kick off
S
No .....just curious ????? He is either a secret agent or had a child play on this team if he thinks he know so much about them .

L
kick off
kick off
L
It does not take a secret agent to get information about your team when you have had so many players leave over the last 4 seasons.

How did the numbers look for the Bridge 94G try-outs last night?

J
throw in
throw in
J
Wow!! And I thought the soccu-drama was thick in my area.

S
kick off
kick off
S
I do not know much inside scoop about this team but maybe the girls left because the weren't developing fast enough or playing age appropriate.Or maybe the parents were the reason for leaving ,not the girls.

C
Goal
Goal
C
I don't think I'm wrong on this one, but at this age, most kids leave a team based upon their parents.

L
kick off
kick off
L
Talking with former and current players/parents I have heard a lot of the same statements BS Terminator made on his post.

Most players from this team have left because of coaching/club issues. I guess you could also say coach and parent issues.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Quote:

I don't think I'm wrong on this one, but at this age, most kids leave a team based upon their parents.

...and the way things are going most kids are going to be leaving teams based on gas prices and parents not being able to drive them to a practice more than 10 miles from home.

Brace
Brace
...and the way things are going most kids are going to be leaving teams based on gas prices and parents not being able to drive them to a practice more than 10 miles from home.

You are right on here! I don't know how kids could afford to travel from Charleston to Greenville, etc. 2-3 times a week for club practice. With gas prices what they are, it's insane.

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
G
bench
bench
G
I think that Bridge 94 is okay with losing, you can't always be perfect. It's the fact of knowing that SAA had to add to their roster in order to have a chance of winning State Cup. What they should have done, like the other teams, was to develop the players they had on their roster and who had played their butts off in all those league games......I do think there should be some kind of rule that a player must play in a certain % of league games for the current season in order to play in the State Cup.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

You are right on here! I don't know how kids could afford to travel from Charleston to Greenville, etc. 2-3 times a week for club practice. With gas prices what they are, it's insane.

i wouldnt be so sure about not traveling because of gas prices.at last nights cesa tryouts there were several girls from the MP/Charleston area at tryouts in the 91 and 92 ages.some were current cesa players and some were new ones.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Wow, apparently it is very easy to throw rocks at a glass house when hiding behind an anonymous name. Maybe I should re-register under a “new name” and start throwing. The very fact that you so closely keep up with Bridge 94 team is one of the highest complements you can give them.

1) recruit from every team in the state while the season is ongoing
Holy smokes- I have been very busy-every team in the STATE. Surprise SCYSA hasn’t caught me.

2) allow a current player to join the team from Hilton Head during midseason
Not only one but two and this was done in Dec. They played on HHBSC and did not have a team to play on in the Spring. I guess we should have let them just quit playing soccer all together.

2) recruit players to practice from this blog while your wife is team manager for BFA 94
Hey Man leave my wife out of this! Ok you got me – I thought it had a sarcastic tone to it but maybe it didn’t.

3) play guest players at tournaments in place of the players on your team who have been at practice
I think that guest players do want to play – not to sit and watch the whole weekend.

4) allow players who do not travel to practice with the team during the week to play on the weekend.
That’s the coach decision.

5) parents who pulled their daughter during the mp game because the coach would not let her play

The kid was not going to play (had a pulled hamstring) and had a lot of homework – it was a mid week game.

6) you writing a midnight diatribe which caused the coach to not show for the next match( take your ball and go away coach Z)
Old News -cover in another tread.

7) the parent arguing in front of every one with the BFA DOC at the next match because he wanted to coach
Out of my control. This parent has been on 3 teams in 3 seasons if that tells you anything.

Please do yourself and the the other parents a favor and quit whining about getting beat the way you have played since your inception.
I thought that I had quit whining until you called me out

The game is settled on the field and by goals and nothing else. If you are the team you say you are you would have held your head high and walked off the field proud as 3rd place finishers.
WE ARE PROUD OF OUR GIRLS.
Instead you have exposed yourselves for what you are. Quit whining about the game and instead go and recruit 4 or 5 more players ( you know you cannot develop them) and try again next year. Maybe you can beg the state to allow you to play premier even though you did not deserve it.
We don’t recruit – players seek us out.
Never, never, try to preach morals and ethics from one of the most corrupt teams( COACHES AND PARENTS NOT PLAYERS) in the State.
Didn’t know that I was preaching.

Hey, I’ll even be a man and sign my own name: Brian Jones

S
kick off
kick off
S
Let's all guess who BS Terminator is....BridgeSoccer or Bulls_ _ t . He is full of it. I would guess he created a new user name to vent and certainly sounds like a disgruntled parent.

Great response ...jonz!!!

coach
coach
Based on all these comments from these 'alleged adult parents', its no wonder that some young soccer players develop poor coping skills and have attitudes on and off the field with the kind of pressure they are under.

kick off
kick off
Quote:

What they should have done, like the other teams, was to develop the players they had on their roster and who had played their butts off in all those league games......

Right on!

I don't have a player on any of these teams, but my thoughts about this thread were about the players who were on the team the whole season.

If the rule is to allow the JV kids to play high school and club, the JV kids should be required to make some club practices and most of the games. JV does not usually play on weekends.

S
kick off
kick off
S
I agree . It's ok to play both but, never play a league game and then roster for state cup just doesn't seem right.Again they (SAA) only won 2-3 league games . Why have a league if you can create any team you want right before state cup.

H
brace
brace
H
from what i gather,the charleston club or whoever did nothing illegal.what i would ask is how did the parents of the players now on the bench feel after these girls joined the team.they may of wanted to win rather than their kid getting playing time.
it may stink getting to add players later in the year but if it is legal then we cant complain much about it.
the same goes for reginals.someone correct me if i am wrong.you have to have players added to your team before your state cup if you are taking them to reginals.that hurts some teams.in sc we have state cup for the older ages in nov/dec.if you win and go to reginals 7 months later you cannot add a good player that maybe moved in.some states like fla and maybe ga have their states this time of year.they have had 4 or 5 more months to change their roster and make them better before reginals.

Last edited by Jim Morrison; 05/20/08 05:38 PM.
world cup
world cup
Who should be angrier?

The parents of the kids on the team that got knocked out of the state cup semi-finals?

or

The parents of the kids that got relegated to the bench when the hired guns came on board?

I don't hear any SAA parents complaining so I'm guessing everybody was up front on how this was going to go down at the end?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Jim..you are correct..Who you played at state is who gets to regions..Classic play can add players to rosters.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Quote:

Who should be angrier?

The parents of the kids on the team that got knocked out of the state cup semi-finals?

or

The parents of the kids that got relegated to the bench when the hired guns came on board?

The parents?????? It's not about the parents. It should read:

Who should be angrier?

The kids on the team that got knocked out of the state cup semi-finals?

or

The kids that got relegated to the bench when the hired guns came on board?

S
kick off
kick off
S
It sounds like both teams (players ) got hurt and disappointed equally in different ways.

L
kick off
kick off
L
Bottom line is SAA played by the rules set-up by SCYSA and agreed upon by all teams in the league. SAA played their league games and qualified to participate in State Cup (three teams didn’t even qualify in the girls U13 bracket). SAA beat the 3rd and 2nd seeded teams to qualify for a Primer League slot next Spring.

S
bench
bench
S
Another question....

Who will be on the Premier team next year...the kids who played all season but sat the bench for State Cup...or the kids who won State Cup?

If the team could not win without those end of season players, how will they compete on a Premier Level?????

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
they have to carry a certain number from the state squad.I could be wrong but I want to say the number is eight players. Compete at a Premier level? On the girls side only CESA has shown much success.

L
kick off
kick off
L
I am sure they will be just as successful in the Premier League as the rest of the SC girls teams do. What a recruiting tool to know you have a Premier League slot. Take a look at the U14G Premier League standings this Spring and you will find the two SC teams that were State Cup winner and runner-up at U13 last season. Both at the bottom of the table.

S
bench
bench
S
So, does that mean the kids who were on the bench last weekend will be cut to make room for premier level players that they recruit?

H
brace
brace
H
here we go!!!!!

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
maybe..what do you think about that Jim?

S
bench
bench
S
Okay, I'm new...so I honestly don't know what that means?

Where are we going???? Are you paying for the gas?

kick off
kick off
It means if the 8 carry over # is correct, that SAA will keep at least 8 and the other spots are wide open at tryouts. At the premier level you're going to need them!

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
NO!! and you get to pay the coaches gas too..Florida,Georgia and N.Carolina

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Welcome to the world of competitve soccer..It's a heck of a ride just hold on to your wallet

S
bench
bench
S
Oh, I don't need to hold onto it.....IT'S EMPTY!!!!!

B
goal
goal
B
Unless it's changed, the roster requirements for premier league play is based upon the roster size during the state cup when the team qualified for premier play. I want to say it's right around 50%, but the numbers do change. It's all based on a table in the admin manual.

B
goal
goal
B
Roster Size/ Returning Players
22 / 12
21 / 11
20 / 11
19 / 10
18 / 10
17 / 9
16 / 9
15 / 8
14 / 8
13 / 7
12 / 7
11 / 6

Last edited by Bear; 05/20/08 06:35 PM.
S
kick off
kick off
S
Recruit?? This team over the past several years has had trouble retaining any girls on the team . The team is a stand alone team with no club or support. The players are from different areas in SC and NC . They have not practiced together regularly to my knowledge.

B
goal
goal
B
There are some obvious flaws either in my understanding of the SCYSA, or your post.

Teams are not organizational members of the SCYSA, Clubs are members. Teams at organizational members are afforded the opportunity to compete in SCYSA sanctioned events. So unless something really strange happened, this team in fact is a member of a club, recognized by SCYSA.

A finer detail with respect to the players being from different areas of SC and NC, there is a 50% rule in place, where 50% of the players have to reside in the SCYSA district in which the member club is. The Southern Academy Alliance, (which I assume is what SAA is), is an identified member of the coastal district, and therefore 50% of the players must be from the coastal district.

Last edited by Bear; 05/20/08 06:50 PM.
H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

maybe..what do you think about that Jim?

im to tired to get into this one.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

It means if the 8 carry over # is correct, that SAA will keep at least 8 and the other spots are wide open at tryouts. At the premier level you're going to need them!

what it means is that some knot head has made a smart remark about another club and the mudslinging will start.
everyone duck!!!!

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Welcome to the world of competitve soccer..It's a heck of a ride just hold on to your wallet

it is a ride.and it does cost to fill that tank up.getting higher by the day.
WHY DO WE DO IT?

S
kick off
kick off
S
For our kids!!!!

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

For our kids!!!! [/quote

i wonder if they will do the same for me when i am tired,old and hungry

S
kick off
kick off
S
Quote:

There are some obvious flaws either in my understanding of the SCYSA, or your post.

Teams are not organizational members of the SCYSA, Clubs are members. Teams at organizational members are afforded the opportunity to compete in SCYSA sanctioned events. So unless something really strange happened, this team in fact is a member of a club, recognized by SCYSA.

A finer detail with respect to the players being from
different areas of SC and NC, there is a 50% rule in place, where 50% of the players have to reside in the SCYSA district in which the member club is. The Southern Academy Alliance, (which I assume is what SAA is), is an identified member of the coastal district, and therefore 50% of the players must be from the coastal district.

I do not see SAA listed on SCYSA Clubs /Affiliates on the Coastal District . I have also tried to Google them to no avail . Anyone know how to get more info on them?

B
goal kick
goal kick
B

hat-trick
hat-trick
SAA is listed on scysa.org under clubs and affiliates as Southern Academy Alliance.

S
kick off
kick off
S
Quote:

www.scysa.org/2007-manual/PDF/SCYSA_PDF_Manual_1-AUG-2007.pdf
They are number 316

They are listed as having provisional status ????? What does that mean???

coach
coach
Its a MUST READ for all parents who are under so much pressure to see their 11-12 yr. old girls succeed on the pitch and in life -
http://www.hamdensoccer.com/Page.asp?n=16935&org=hamdensoccer.com

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
I think that they are provisional because they have less than 100 members.
Here is their website: www.atlanticsocceracademy.com/

B
kick off
kick off
B
Once having had my eye caught by a beautiful temptress I deluded myself into thinking she was the one for me. I soon found she was shallow, vain, and rude. When I left her I was happy, Nay I say exstatic, not disgruntled at all. Some people never learn and thats ok too. But please do not feel those who are leaving, or those who have left are disgruntled. Save your time trying to figure out who I am but instead figure out who you are. There are too many ex players as well as future ex players for you to choose from.

B
kick off
kick off
B
It might make a difference if you used your name on your first 30 or so posts but now it is anticlimatic. If you really want to be a man then post your e-mail you sent to the team after your daughter did not play. Why did she show up dressed out, warmup, and then not play. Why so much stomping on the sideline. Is that a warmup for homework?
I sincerely apologize if you think I disrespected your wife, i have great respect for her, we know who wears the pants in the family.

My main point is that you are accusing SAA of things you have done since inception. They played within the rules won the game and end of story.

Good Luck with next season!!!!!

A
bench
bench
A
BS Terminator or Initiator with your poetry and your rage against BFA and CESA. Sounds personal - whats your angle? CESA dominated against your SAA team - SAA did not play soccer (all men on defense all game). Still not impressed with them.

Don

P
kick off
kick off
P
Do away with "State Cup" as a tournament and let the points standing dictate the winners. Then there could be no claims of last minute impropriety. Every game would be as important as any other. If you still have to have a tournament, let it stand alone. I am relatively new to soccer (child in club soccer for 4 years)but I must say, never before have I been involved in a sport where a weaker team can so easily win. It happens all the time from club to MLS to EPL. To judge an entire season of play in the last 3 games of the year is pretty harsh.

Nah, it'll never work. If there wasn't something to argue about, we couldn't justify spending hours here reading the days posts.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Who has not been on the losing end of a game where your team took a million shots and the other team took two and they won the game because they packed it in..Offensively weak teams do this all the time to keep themselves in the game..You may not like it but it is part of the game and it can be effective if you are playing an explosive team...Do not have a dog in this fight but the team did what they had to win..Did they do this in the championship game? probably so and did it work? No..Picking players up before the cutoff date has been going on for years..old news..It's still just part of the game..If you want to make sure it does not happen again..then beat them next time like CESA did

B
kick off
kick off
B
CESA? Who mentioned Cesa? Excellent club, facilities, and staff. I have no problem with Cesa or the Bridge for that matter. I am bitter and angry over parents putting winning ahead of individual development. Athletically, Socially, Morally.

Why can't a child loose a game that he or she will not remember in ten years without a parent wanting to challenge every aspect of the game. Deal with losing it will make you a better person as well as a player. The reason is that these parents are sold a bill of goods and they cannot cope with the reality of the situation. We all think our Johnny is the best and is perfect and the reality of it is that he is no were near as good as the parent/coach builds him up to be. When failure or losing rears its ugly head the parent/child/coach will not accept responsibility and therefore it is someone elses responsibility. That is why I am speaking not against a particular team but the attitude that team fosters. Win at all cost and we were cheated if we did not.
I think it was the Nature Boy who said" TO BE THE MAN, YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE MAN"
If winning is your top priority. Either beat the man or learn to live with it.

Maybe put your emphasis on developing, training,and growing, and becoming a better person.

Then will you become a complete soccer player

P.S ASOCCERPARENT, You do not have to be impressed with SAA, just respectful, they did have a great cup.

C
bench
bench
C
Quote:

BS Terminator or Initiator with your poetry and your rage against BFA and CESA. Sounds personal - whats your angle? CESA dominated against your SAA team - SAA did not play soccer (all men on defense all game). Still not impressed with them.

Don

Well I guess its time to put some facts forward about SAA. 17 players rostered prior to the spring season State Challenge games beginning, one player added prior to the roster deadline. One player played JV and never participated in any game. Only one player missed all but one of the league games because the School Varsity coach reuired her to practice on Saturdays. Five of the rostered players were U12 Academy players and they participated in the league program throughout the season and was a primary reason for the late progress in results but they made it and carried on with their improvement through the playin and semi final and final games. You are obviously new to the U13 scene and what has been going on over the last 6 years my advice to you is go and talk with the CESA U13 girls coach and let him know what you have put on the blog. I am sure he will put you right on a few things regarding the SAA team and how they play.

Now I will grant you U12 players playing on a bigger field for the first time this last season are not really at the same level as U13's with a year or so experience but if you really knew anything about player development you would know that, but you are a soccer parent and there in lies your problem, you think you know the game but you know nothing.

SCYSA made a genuine mistake in making the team ineligible and it was corrected. Nothing sinister just a genuine mistake. Unfortunately those on the blog who are obviously mentally and intelectually challenged never sought to find out the facts before running there mouth.

Ethical, moral how many U13 teams played five U12 players throughout the season and through State Cup including the final........you see its about giving kids a chance to prove themselves......Thats why you have not seen any SAA parent complain on this blog. As for next seasonal year the U12's will play U13 and we shall bring back six age appropriate players who would not commit to the season as a whole for the fall State League and spring Premier League.......so all you intelectually and mentally challenged people now have the facts about SAA. From my point of view the SAA team deserved their wins and the best team won the final.

S
kick off
kick off
S
Quote:

Once having had my eye caught by a beautiful temptress I deluded myself into thinking she was the one for me. I soon found she was shallow, vain, and rude. When I left her I was happy, Nay I say exstatic, not disgruntled at all. Some people never learn and thats ok too. But please do not feel those who are leaving, or those who have left are disgruntled. Save your time trying to figure out who I am but instead figure out who you are. There are too many ex players as well as future ex players for you to choose from.

Thanks for helping me find myself(ha,ha) I am pretty sure i know who you are . If you want to start throwing personal daggers , i will be glad to tell you exactly what everybody thinks of you . I hope you find happiness in some aspect of your life ......your daughter certainly does not follow in your footsteps.

B
kick off
kick off
B
Congratulations, and thank you for your concern for my happiness. If you do know me then you will know I could care less about my popularity, The truth hurts.

I just hate hearing someone whine about getting beat by U12 players and calling them High School players.

See you at the fields.

S
kick off
kick off
S
Quote:

Congratulations, and thank you for your concern for my happiness. If you do know me then you will know I could care less about my popularity, The truth hurts.

I just hate hearing someone whine about getting beat by U12 players and calling them High School players.

See you at the fields.

I wasn't the one to call that team high school players.

B
kick off
kick off
B
I am truly sorry to attribute that to you, I knew it was some one from the team but I apologize and should have given credit to JONZ. I should have looked back for confirmation but these are my first posts and will make mistakes.

B
kick off
kick off
B
SAA girls worked just as hard as Bridge girls did. Bridge did have alot more shots on goal, they just couldn't get them in. Bridge should've won. In the end it came down to PKs. That's soccer. Congratulations to all, after all it's all about the girls (not the parents)

A
throw in
throw in
A

Quote:

Now I will grant you U12 players playing on a bigger field for the first time this last season are not really at the same level as U13's with a year or so experience but if you really knew anything about player development you would know that, but you are a soccer parent and there in lies your problem, you think you know the game but you know nothing.

Coach MT, kind of presumtouos to say all parents don't know anything about the game. As a parent and a coach I have heard many a coach hide behind the " parents don't know soccer." It has been my experience that there are many parents who have coached club, college and professional teams. I also know of many teams where there are parents who have played and coached at higher levels than the coach coaching their kids teams. Very easy, but not fair to use that as a blanket statement.

Brace
Brace
First, congrats to the Columbia 93 team. Very well coached and solid play by all the players.

Ironic, Bridge finished 3rd in R3 Premier @ 10-2-1 and CESA last @ 0-10-2. Go figure!

C
bench
bench
C
Actually the comment was directed at the alias "Soccerparent"

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard