Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
A
bench
bench
A
In fact we did bet them! In reply to soccerrules - I noticed the striker on SAA displaying terrible behavior to the parents, the opposing team and even to her own team mates.

S
coach
coach
S
Ethics, morals, and values?

You folks realize that you're publicly trashing a group of 12 year old kids, right?

I realize losing stings...but I'd have to wonder if getting on a message board anonymously to attack a group of 12 year olds is in keeping with the strict "ethics, morals, and values" to which you folks so fervantly profess.

S
kick off
kick off
S
Oh, we will beat them ......that's right 4-0 in League game.

Tournament play vs State Championship playoffs ...think about it. You usually invite players to tournaments to familiarize them with your team or if you are playing up it is always nice to have extra players. State Cup playoffs is supposed to be the top teams in the State . Why do we even have a league if you can put together any team you want at the end of the season ?

S
kick off
kick off
S
Not trashing the girls ...the coach and parents should have the ethics,morals and values....are you anonymous?????

quote]Ethics, morals, and values?

You folks realize that you're publicly trashing a group of 12 year old kids, right?

I realize losing stings...but I'd have to wonder if getting on a message board anonymously to attack a group of 12 year olds is in keeping with the strict "ethics, morals, and values" to which you folks so fervantly profess.

coach
coach
aallegedsoccerparent,
The purpose of any sport is for the KIDS to have fun. If there is little or no fun in just participating and playing the game, then they will either leave the sport or begin to exhibit the same conduct as their respective parents. I have experienced a lot of sports activities - coaching basketball, baseball, soccer - and most of it was fun except when the parents began to put undue stress on their kids to perform to 'their expectations'. And when you have that stressful situation coupled with a 'win at all costs' coach, there ceases to be any fun in the sport. So.......make sure the KIDS are having fun first; before you even think about winning and beating the other team.

soccerallegedlyrules,
A 11-12 yr old girl was running her mouth at a Bridge parent???
I am sure that it was quite possibly the other way around.
From what I have seen in 6 years of club reffing, the kids would be much better off and able to enjoy their soccer experiences, if parents were banned from the games.

Last edited by 2004striker; 05/20/08 01:25 PM.
S
coach
coach
S
Quote:

Not trashing the girls ...the coach and parents should have the ethics,morals and values....are you anonymous?????

Previously you wrote:

Quote:

One player on SAA was running her mouth to a Bridge parent in the middle of the game ....you judge the quality of the girls and the team.

Dude...have you no shame?

P.S. My name is "Mark Campbell" -- and yours is?

S
coach
coach
S
SAA competed within the rules of the SCYSA state challenge league rules and beat your team. Clearly, you don't agree with the SCYSA state challenge league and cup rules. Okay; it's absolutely valid to discuss and debate rules concerning roster freeze dates (although I don't think that gets at what you really want -- which is some type of enforced "you must play in some percentage of games over some period of time in order to play in the state challenge cup.")

Also you have a real problem with other teams bunkering. I guess you'd also like some rules against that as well. I understand the frustration of an opponent's team bunkering; at the same time, I was never quite so arrogant as to believe that it somehow violates "ethics, morals, and values" inherent in the sport.

None of this rises to much other than idle chatter on a message board; however, when you start calling out 12-year old kids and cloaking yourself as the arbiter of moral and ethical values, it just gets a bit hard to stomach.

I went back and read some of what has been written -- there's been criticism of SAA by a small group of parents for a while now (e.g., hokey soccer, etc.). Karma is a drag, isn't it?

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

If you observed the parents of SAA on the sidelines you would know what kind of team they are....hopefully they won't all follow by example. One player on SAA was running her mouth to a Bridge parent in the middle of the game ....you judge the quality of the girls and the team.

What kind of team are they? Passionate, Hungry, Driven?

I have no dog in this fight but...Why would any resonable adult judge the "quality" of a 12 or 13 yo little girl based on their behavior in an emotionaly supercharged environment such as State Cup?

I am more apt to ask what did the adult say to the child which made the child lashout?

I think we have all been to games where the parents and players get over excited because their team is either winning or losing a "big match". We have all heard parents and players a like lashout at each other, their teammates, coaches and the refs. But in the end they are all good parents and kids that just got caught up in the moment.
To say "...you judge the quality of the girls and the team." is just WEAK!

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
S
kick off
kick off
S
That's not trashing the girl it's the coldhardtruth( i wish i had that name)Our coach trains our girls to play clean.
Does your child play soccer ?

Quote:

Quote:

Previously you wrote:

Quote:

One player on SAA was running her mouth to a Bridge parent in the middle of the game ....you judge the quality of the girls and the team.

Dude...have you no shame?

P.S. My name is "Mark Campbell" -- and yours is?

corner kick
corner kick
Soccerrules...just an FYI...Shibumi's daughter is one of the better female players in the state and if I'm not mistaken will be playing division one next year.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard