Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
L
kick off
kick off
L
Talking with former and current players/parents I have heard a lot of the same statements BS Terminator made on his post.

Most players from this team have left because of coaching/club issues. I guess you could also say coach and parent issues.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Quote:

I don't think I'm wrong on this one, but at this age, most kids leave a team based upon their parents.

...and the way things are going most kids are going to be leaving teams based on gas prices and parents not being able to drive them to a practice more than 10 miles from home.

Brace
Brace
...and the way things are going most kids are going to be leaving teams based on gas prices and parents not being able to drive them to a practice more than 10 miles from home.

You are right on here! I don't know how kids could afford to travel from Charleston to Greenville, etc. 2-3 times a week for club practice. With gas prices what they are, it's insane.

"I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles"
G
bench
bench
G
I think that Bridge 94 is okay with losing, you can't always be perfect. It's the fact of knowing that SAA had to add to their roster in order to have a chance of winning State Cup. What they should have done, like the other teams, was to develop the players they had on their roster and who had played their butts off in all those league games......I do think there should be some kind of rule that a player must play in a certain % of league games for the current season in order to play in the State Cup.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

You are right on here! I don't know how kids could afford to travel from Charleston to Greenville, etc. 2-3 times a week for club practice. With gas prices what they are, it's insane.

i wouldnt be so sure about not traveling because of gas prices.at last nights cesa tryouts there were several girls from the MP/Charleston area at tryouts in the 91 and 92 ages.some were current cesa players and some were new ones.

B
goal kick
goal kick
B
Wow, apparently it is very easy to throw rocks at a glass house when hiding behind an anonymous name. Maybe I should re-register under a “new name” and start throwing. The very fact that you so closely keep up with Bridge 94 team is one of the highest complements you can give them.

1) recruit from every team in the state while the season is ongoing
Holy smokes- I have been very busy-every team in the STATE. Surprise SCYSA hasn’t caught me.

2) allow a current player to join the team from Hilton Head during midseason
Not only one but two and this was done in Dec. They played on HHBSC and did not have a team to play on in the Spring. I guess we should have let them just quit playing soccer all together.

2) recruit players to practice from this blog while your wife is team manager for BFA 94
Hey Man leave my wife out of this! Ok you got me – I thought it had a sarcastic tone to it but maybe it didn’t.

3) play guest players at tournaments in place of the players on your team who have been at practice
I think that guest players do want to play – not to sit and watch the whole weekend.

4) allow players who do not travel to practice with the team during the week to play on the weekend.
That’s the coach decision.

5) parents who pulled their daughter during the mp game because the coach would not let her play

The kid was not going to play (had a pulled hamstring) and had a lot of homework – it was a mid week game.

6) you writing a midnight diatribe which caused the coach to not show for the next match( take your ball and go away coach Z)
Old News -cover in another tread.

7) the parent arguing in front of every one with the BFA DOC at the next match because he wanted to coach
Out of my control. This parent has been on 3 teams in 3 seasons if that tells you anything.

Please do yourself and the the other parents a favor and quit whining about getting beat the way you have played since your inception.
I thought that I had quit whining until you called me out

The game is settled on the field and by goals and nothing else. If you are the team you say you are you would have held your head high and walked off the field proud as 3rd place finishers.
WE ARE PROUD OF OUR GIRLS.
Instead you have exposed yourselves for what you are. Quit whining about the game and instead go and recruit 4 or 5 more players ( you know you cannot develop them) and try again next year. Maybe you can beg the state to allow you to play premier even though you did not deserve it.
We don’t recruit – players seek us out.
Never, never, try to preach morals and ethics from one of the most corrupt teams( COACHES AND PARENTS NOT PLAYERS) in the State.
Didn’t know that I was preaching.

Hey, I’ll even be a man and sign my own name: Brian Jones

S
kick off
kick off
S
Let's all guess who BS Terminator is....BridgeSoccer or Bulls_ _ t . He is full of it. I would guess he created a new user name to vent and certainly sounds like a disgruntled parent.

Great response ...jonz!!!

coach
coach
Based on all these comments from these 'alleged adult parents', its no wonder that some young soccer players develop poor coping skills and have attitudes on and off the field with the kind of pressure they are under.

kick off
kick off
Quote:

What they should have done, like the other teams, was to develop the players they had on their roster and who had played their butts off in all those league games......

Right on!

I don't have a player on any of these teams, but my thoughts about this thread were about the players who were on the team the whole season.

If the rule is to allow the JV kids to play high school and club, the JV kids should be required to make some club practices and most of the games. JV does not usually play on weekends.

S
kick off
kick off
S
I agree . It's ok to play both but, never play a league game and then roster for state cup just doesn't seem right.Again they (SAA) only won 2-3 league games . Why have a league if you can create any team you want right before state cup.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard