Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
H
brace
brace
H
from what i gather,the charleston club or whoever did nothing illegal.what i would ask is how did the parents of the players now on the bench feel after these girls joined the team.they may of wanted to win rather than their kid getting playing time.
it may stink getting to add players later in the year but if it is legal then we cant complain much about it.
the same goes for reginals.someone correct me if i am wrong.you have to have players added to your team before your state cup if you are taking them to reginals.that hurts some teams.in sc we have state cup for the older ages in nov/dec.if you win and go to reginals 7 months later you cannot add a good player that maybe moved in.some states like fla and maybe ga have their states this time of year.they have had 4 or 5 more months to change their roster and make them better before reginals.

Last edited by Jim Morrison; 05/20/08 05:38 PM.
world cup
world cup
Who should be angrier?

The parents of the kids on the team that got knocked out of the state cup semi-finals?

or

The parents of the kids that got relegated to the bench when the hired guns came on board?

I don't hear any SAA parents complaining so I'm guessing everybody was up front on how this was going to go down at the end?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Jim..you are correct..Who you played at state is who gets to regions..Classic play can add players to rosters.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Quote:

Who should be angrier?

The parents of the kids on the team that got knocked out of the state cup semi-finals?

or

The parents of the kids that got relegated to the bench when the hired guns came on board?

The parents?????? It's not about the parents. It should read:

Who should be angrier?

The kids on the team that got knocked out of the state cup semi-finals?

or

The kids that got relegated to the bench when the hired guns came on board?

S
kick off
kick off
S
It sounds like both teams (players ) got hurt and disappointed equally in different ways.

L
kick off
kick off
L
Bottom line is SAA played by the rules set-up by SCYSA and agreed upon by all teams in the league. SAA played their league games and qualified to participate in State Cup (three teams didn’t even qualify in the girls U13 bracket). SAA beat the 3rd and 2nd seeded teams to qualify for a Primer League slot next Spring.

S
bench
bench
S
Another question....

Who will be on the Premier team next year...the kids who played all season but sat the bench for State Cup...or the kids who won State Cup?

If the team could not win without those end of season players, how will they compete on a Premier Level?????

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
they have to carry a certain number from the state squad.I could be wrong but I want to say the number is eight players. Compete at a Premier level? On the girls side only CESA has shown much success.

L
kick off
kick off
L
I am sure they will be just as successful in the Premier League as the rest of the SC girls teams do. What a recruiting tool to know you have a Premier League slot. Take a look at the U14G Premier League standings this Spring and you will find the two SC teams that were State Cup winner and runner-up at U13 last season. Both at the bottom of the table.

S
bench
bench
S
So, does that mean the kids who were on the bench last weekend will be cut to make room for premier level players that they recruit?

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard