Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
H
brace
brace
H
i think we will see less non-conference games played or played closer to home.might see alot less scrimmages.

N
corner kick
corner kick
N
Quote:

Daniel inherits a much weaker Region I, with loss of Greenville and TR.

That's an understatement!
One advantage though is it opens things up for more non-region matches against 4A schools in the area, Hopefully we can work with you, CJ, and Burris to set all that up next fall.

Hope to see all your girls at tryouts Monday.

F
goal
OP Offline
goal
F
It has been a few years since all four teams got to play each other. 2009 should be a strong year for each of them!

F
goal
OP Offline
goal
F
A few more thoughts on winners and losers due to the 2009-2010 realignment:

AAAA Lower State

The lower state will now boast two 5 team regions, VII and VIII, meaning that in each case teams like Berkeley, Goose Creek, Beaufort and Colleton County have a much better chance of reaching the playoffs than in years past, since only TWO REGION WINS may be enough to make the playoffs. WOW!

Region VI again registers as the overall weakest region in the state, with only West Florence capable of threatening a TOP 15 ranking.

AAA Lower State

OK, let's be realistic here. Other than Region V which is arguably the 1st or 2nd toughest region in the state by a MILE, the rest of the lower state is very, very spotty.

Basically, the other contenders consist of always strong Hilton Head, and perennial top 15 squads Myrtle and North Myrtle Beach. Region VI in AAA follows suit with its AAAA sister as the weakest region in the state. Think about it, do you think a 4th seeded Dreher is going to be scared traveling to Marlboro County, or Camden in the 1st round of the playoffs???

Teams to Watch....

The following three teams either moved up or down a classification, and it should be interesting to see how they handle the jump.

Moving UP!!!

West-Oak
The Lady Warriors are a virtual unknown entity outside of the upper corner of South Carolina, but coach Bobby Noriszan has turned this group of athletic young ladies into a consistently competitive squad at the AA levels, note their win over Southside Christian to advance to the 3rd round of the playoffs. Will AAA ball be as kind when West-Oak is forced to face a club heavy Daniel squad in the region, and the possibility of a Greenville/Columbia powerhouse in the 1st Round? Only time will tell, but look for them to be competitive in their first season up.

Blythewood
Next to Blue Ridge, the mostly highly publicized (or rather self discussed) team in the state over the past two years. But wins over Dreher last year, and the aforementioned DW Daniel this year in the playoffs, prove Tony King's girls have the grit to reach the elite 8 of the AAA ranks. 2009 will see them face Spring Valley and Ridge View in the region, with the prospect of earning a 3rd seed and traveling to either Mauldin or Spartanburg in the 1st round. Ouch! Welcome to AAAA Lady Bengals!!

Drop it DOWN a Notch...

South Aiken
The only team of note moving DOWN in classification. Coach young led his Lady T-Breds to a school record tying 17 wins in 2008, but the path to the top somehow doesn't get any easier in 2009. With Dreher, BC, Airport, and a newly strong Swansea waiting to cut their teeth on the Aiken girls, AAA could prove to be just as hostile as the very deep region 4-AAAA was. South Aiken moves from 4A Upper State to 3A Lower State and should make some noise in the seasons to come, with a highly talented JV squad and a pipeline to the ever successful Aiken Fireballs club team. If ever a coach has fielded a squad that will be up for the challenge, it will be Young, and it should set the AAA world on it's ear to have the state's most prolific poster moving down south!

Again, I'm all out of thoughts...

goal kick
goal kick
Are you trying to say that AAAA soccer is better? More difficult?

throw in
throw in
Ryan i have no doubt that our LADY BENGALS can play with any team in that 3A has talented teams just like 4A it sounds to me like you cant give credit where credit is due. : /

Blythewood High School Boys Soccer
World Cup
World Cup
I don't think there is too much debate in whether 4A is more competitive than 3A. I'm not saying that there aren't some quality teams like Riverside, HH, BC, and Airport that could hang with or defeat some of the bid dogs in 4A. I think his point is not in the quality of 3A teams, but the depth of 3A. Don't be so sensitive and self conscience, many AAAA teams would love to trade the talent held by some of the AAA powers.

World Cup
World Cup
And thanks be to RR for taking up such an interesting topic that all of us can participate in. I'm guilty of being classification specific, but this thread is a great bridge.

throw in
throw in
Agreed

Blythewood High School Boys Soccer
brace
brace
Greenville area gets really interesting. The current Region II - Riverside, Eastside, J.L. Mann, Wade Hampton, Blue Ridge, Union, Clinton, Greer really changes soccer wise next year with Chapman coming in and Eastside, J.L. Mann, and Wade Hampton moving out. [Sound - that is air slowly exhaling after 6 years] The power moves to the region with TR, Greenville, Eastside, Mann, Wade Hampton and I think Greenville. That will be one tough region.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard