Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
N
corner kick
corner kick
N
Quote:

Nice job Hannah? What does that do to her college playing prospects?

From what I understand from another Wren parent, as long as she doesn't hire an agent and doesn't get paid, it will not affect her eligibility.

T
bench
bench
T
That is quite an honor for Hannah. Congrats.

kick off
kick off
she is a great player and yes as long as she does not get an agent, doesnt get paid, or play for a professional team she is fine

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!!!!
tlrcamo #104114 05/15/08 12:29 AM
World Cup
World Cup
When is she going to play? What does her college coach think?

H
bench
bench
H
She will leave the day after graduation and play thru the end of July. It is the United Soccer League(USL). She will be playing in the W-League which is the USL's highest level of womens soccer in the US and Canada. It consists of 41 teams. Her college coach thinks its great;what coach wouldn't. She will playing with and against some of the best players in the country.

World Cup
World Cup
I wouldn't like it. More chance for injury, but she seems to avoid those pretty well.

throw in
throw in
Dale:

Does that mean you also don't support all the HS girls who are playing in the RIII regionals in June or the All-Star games in June and July? I think all college coaches would want their players to continue playing through the summer. Injuries can happen in practice, but you don't stop practicing.

Unlike HS they are required to be in condition when they arrive on the college campus or they don't play. Some only have 9-10 days after arrival before their first college game. Can you get in condition in 9-10 days? I don't think so. Playing trough the summer is essential.

If HS coaches want to help their college bound athletes succeed, spend some time with some HIGH LEVEL D1 coaches. Pick their brains and see what will help your HS athletes be better prepared. College bound soccer players receive workout packages for the summer to be in shape when they arrive on campus. Ask one of your college bound players to share their package with you. Could help your conditioning in HS.

Soccer is a game you just have to love!!!!
H
bench
bench
H
She hasn't avoided them, she has had to play with her share of injuries. Torn ACL, broken wrist, ankles, shoulder separations, just the normal every day injuries

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

She hasn't avoided them, she has had to play with her share of injuries. Torn ACL, broken wrist, ankles, shoulder separations, just the normal every day injuries

If that's what she's been through, I'd be concerned I would receive my player banged up at the time I expected her to be at her most healthy. Sounds like she's tough enough to play through it all. Are you the person that emailed me this information not too long ago? I've got your name and sent it to Coach Burriss to look it over as well. The paper might do something with it if you ask. She deserves the recognition.

S
coach
coach
S
This is wonderful news for Hannah; congratulations to her!

Last year, Darcell Mollon from USC played for this team; this year Laura Armstrong (formerly of USC) is playing. In addition, I think that one of Hannah's club teammates is playing (from NC, Jordan Edwards.)

In terms of injury and schedule, it really just depends on how active the summer is for the college that each player is attending. Some schools ask their players not only to do summer workout but the captains encourage them to attend summer school and practice/play at the school during the summer. Truthfully, I wouldn't think that the risk of injury is that much greater than in some of the other training and playing that these players who are extremely motivated end up doing.

It's an excellent achievement and a wonderful opportunity -- congratulations Hannah! The College of Charleston is fortunate to get such a gifted and talented player.

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard