Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
kick off
kick off
G
Congratulations to the Walhalla Lady Razorbacks on a great season. They might not be the most skilled team, but they played with a lot of ferocity and heart.

Coaches, you did a phenomenal job this season and we look forward to the future. Thank you for your time and effort.

Seniors, we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours- thanks for the last 4 years of hard work and dedication to Walhalla soccer, your leadership on and off the field was extraordinary.

kick off
kick off
So pretty much mauldin has a good chance at state unless wando can break the dreeded taco bell curse!

Never Give Up, Never Surrender!!!!
H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

So pretty much mauldin has a good chance at state unless wando can break the dreeded taco bell curse!

i havnt seen wando this year but it will take a good team to get by the mauldin defenders.

brace
brace
Quote:

Congratulations to the Walhalla Lady Razorbacks on a great season. They might not be the most skilled team, but they played with a lot of ferocity and heart.

Coaches, you did a phenomenal job this season and we look forward to the future. Thank you for your time and effort.

Seniors, we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours- thanks for the last 4 years of hard work and dedication to Walhalla soccer, your leadership on and off the field was extraordinary.

I believe far too little has been said about the growth of Walhalla soccer in the past few years.

I will also add that the players and fans/parents were extremely gracious after losing 1-0. Few teams and followers show the class Walhalla did last night at Woodruff. Parents voluteering "We hope you win the state" to Woodruff players as they walked with their own upset children from the field.

I hope we can all celebrate the fact of a Woodruff/Walhalla Upper State this year—a true sign of public school growth for soccer!

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
G
kick off
kick off
G
Woodruff was also gracious- the Walhalla keeper said that several Woodruff players and parents congratulated her on a good game. The atmosphere was good and the Woodruff players did not throw the win in Walhalla's faces.

Congrats and good luck to Woodruff in the State Championship.

R
bench
bench
R
In response to all the talk about PKs; I don't understand the whole controversy of it all. You have played for 120 minutes and have come out even on the scoreboard. Now it is time to move on to another part and skill of the game.

If you are sore about losing in Pks then practice them. It is not something that should never be addressed. It is pure composure and skill that gets that ball passed the keeper. And it is a lot of talent and skill (NOT GUESSING!) done by the keeper to keep it out of the net. Pks also test the depth of your team. If you are tied through the first five shots then you have to keep going down the line through your whole roster.

I think Pks are fun and the only way to end a game like the JL Mann vs. RHS game. Two teams battling it out on the field with no obvious winner, so they move onto another skill, Pks.

world cup
world cup
I'm not a goalkeeper, but when it comes to a PK shootout, I'd rather be GREAT at guessing....than GOOD at goalkeeping.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
R
bench
bench
R
descent keepers guess, GREAT keepers can read the kicker. Big difference when you are trying to win a game that matters.

World Cup
World Cup
I'd say it's a crap shoot in goal during PK's...most of the time.

H
brace
brace
H
guessing right or reading the kicker right may all be good but i still think that stopping a PK is mostly luck or a bad strike.like kicking one over the goal about about 50 feet.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard