Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Coach
Coach
C
Often true...but a good keeper who can read the kick can definitely give an edge. Might get lucky or unlucky on any single kick, but in a best-of-five series, prediction vs. pure luck can make enough of a difference to show.

I've got good news and bad news...
K
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
K
As a former GK, the pressure is on the shooter. They are the ones that need to make the shot rather than the GK make the save. There are many tricks to learn as a GK to make the save, but it is easier said than done when it happens so fast. I do think it has to do with both-guessing and reading the shooter..

I just feel that there are better ways to finish a game; it was said earlier that players should be taken off the field at different times...play til there are 7 players b.c that is the least # you can play with in a regular game. OR when i was in high school (one of the years) the GK was able to move anyway they wanted...ie. when the whistle was blown the ball was live and it gave more advantage to the GK during the shootout...this was only in playoffs that this happened; it was great for a GK but unfortunately we lost in golden goal with 2 mins. to play in the 2nd OT i never got to experience the shootout....:(

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard