Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
corner kick
corner kick
I have watched many games where Jack was one of the refs. He has always been fair and consistent in his calls. If he believes he missed any call he would be the first to admit it and learn from it. Mavs Soccer description of the two offside calls are accurate. It was a great game and well called by the officials. It seems the Mauldin team is peaking at the right time during the playoffs. Good Luck to all the teams in the finals on Friday.

H
brace
brace
H
he put the flag up as soon as the ball was played.the offside player was not involved in the play.not rally close to it.i have seen some that would call it and some wouldnt.some wouldnt know to.
great game by both sides.

Last edited by Jim Morrison; 05/13/08 02:02 PM.
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

he put the flag up as soon as the ball was played.the offside player was not involved in the play.not rally close to it.i have seen some that would call it and some wouldnt.some wouldnt know to.

The question is: What was the intention of the player passing the ball? If their intention is to pass to a player and that player is offsides, even if the ball gets deflected (or the pass is bad) and the offsides player never receives it, it can still be called offsides.

One thing about soccer officiating, the calls are extremely subjective. Almost every call will have differing opinions because every call is practically an official's judgement call.

Heck, there are even different standards between boys rules and girls rules. You never see an official say "the handball was inadvertant" in a boys game, but in a girls game, they are allowed to make that distinction because the girls are allowed to protect themselves using their arms.

World Cup
World Cup
The intentions, I believe, of the receiver should be the focus.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

The question is: What was the intention of the player passing the ball? If their intention is to pass to a player and that player is offsides, even if the ball gets deflected (or the pass is bad) and the offsides player never receives it, it can still be called offsides.

One thing about soccer officiating, the calls are extremely subjective. Almost every call will have differing opinions because every call is practically an official's judgement call.

Heck, there are even different standards between boys rules and girls rules. You never see an official say "the handball was inadvertant" in a boys game, but in a girls game, they are allowed to make that distinction because the girls are allowed to protect themselves using their arms.

i do not think the ball was intended for the player called offsides but i could be wrong.the player that recieved the ball was not offsides and she split the defense and went around the goalie to put the ball in the net.so i guess you would have to say the player called offsides was not the intended one.the call could of went either way.if i was a mauldin parent then it was the right call.if i was a dorman parent then i think it was the wrong call.
both sides played great and it was worth the ride to see it.

Last edited by Jim Morrison; 05/13/08 02:41 PM.
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Quote:

I think he reffed the FM-Byrnes game

good one dale.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

The intention of the passer is NOT the point. The point is whether or not the player who is in an offside position is actively involved in the play. Intent does not constitute action.

I do not have a copy of the high school rules with me, but here is the offside law from the FIFA Laws of the Game:

A player in an offside position is only penalised if, at the moment the ball touches or is played by one of his team, he is, in the opinion of the referee, involved in active play by:
interfering with play or
interfering with an opponent or
gaining an advantage by being in that position.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

i do not think the ball was intended for the player called offsides but i could be wrong.the player that recieved the ball was not offsides and she split the defense and went around the goalie to put the ball in the net.so i guess you would have to say the player called offsides was not the intended one.the call could of went either way.if i was a mauldin parent then it was the right call.if i was a dorman parent then i think it was the wrong call.

The Dorman player did all this after the ref blew his whistle to stop the play. It's easy to score when your the only one trying.

Only time will tell
H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Dorman player did all this after the ref blew his whistle to stop the play. It's easy to score when your the only one trying.

i think this is going to lead into something other than why the topic was started.i do not think anyone except the person that started this topic is arguing with the call.a very good game and mauldin came out on top.no one can say they did not deserve it.the one thing no one is talking about is their goal off a nice corner.mauldins defense is the reason they won.they close on forwards as fast as any team i have seen this year.as far as when the ref blew his whistle i could not tell you because of the (mauldin boys choir that was in front of me) but they got split and the goalie did try.once the forward went by the defenders they did not chase her down like they had all night if that is what you are talking about.

World Cup
World Cup
Good for Mauldin making it back to the SC. Gwynne Armstrong made it the game 5 out of her last 8 years I believe (the last being in 2004) with 3 different coaches doing the same thing in the four years before that. Been a while and I'm sure all are elated after 2nd round and outs the last two years. Good job to a storied and successful program and represent the upstate well!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard