Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
brace
brace
Who else? This kid is unbelievable. And he's a junior.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
bench
bench
so necessary...

The only thing on the mind of a Shark is Eat, by any means and you're just Sardines.
World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Congratulations to Enzo -- heckuva player that I look forward to watching this weekend.
Gatorade POY SC 2007-08

goal kick
goal kick
does anyone know if Enzo is interested in any local universities like Furman, Clemson or USC or is he gonna try and play in youth teams or enter any of the MLS combines after next year?

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Who else?

There are several other student atheletes that are top notch individuals and they deserve respect too. That being said, Well done to Enzo for another outstanding year! You earned the award and exhibit outstanding talent.

P
kick off
kick off
P
Congratulations Enzo !!!!

goal
goal
Great job!!!!!!!

Joe Siatkowski Mauldin Soccer I fear no evil
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
He is going to Clemson. Go Tigers.

"Quit ball watchin' son!"
??? Offline
goal kick
goal kick
the sweeper for buford is better

Y
throw in
throw in
Y
Quote:

He is going to Clemson. Go Tigers.

Are you sure of this? If thats accurate, that would be amazing. Maybe we won't lose to USC again if we have Enzo on our side.

S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
I understand there is a state law, where non-citizens can not be admitted to, or recieve financial aid of any kind. Unless he becomes a citizen by next year he will not be able to attend a state institution. Also as an international student, which he would be considered, will need to have what they call an I-20 in order to get a student VISA. You must leave the nited States to do this. He could have several things that will need to be dealt with. I don't think Clemson is a good fit for him.

I
goal
goal
I
Enzo is very worthy of praise. Got to see him twice, his motor never quit... Thomas Acosta, looked a little smoother, but you can never doubt the scoring record holder... He looked much quicker than the opponents I saw him matched with. Congrats

throw in
throw in
Post deleted by RosickyRocks

goal kick
goal kick
Are you telling me that even Clover couldn't shut this guy down?

throw in
throw in
Enzo is a beast
i saw him play 2day against valley n he was just dominating
his brother alex is also good

goal
goal
Too bad he can't help who he plays or the region he is in so do not play that card. It has been shown too many times. Don't discredit him for anything he has done. You sound a little bitter.

goal kick
goal kick
Enzo definately deserved player of the year, after seeing him last night i don't think any other player comes close to his calliber of speed strength and touch in the state

World Cup
World Cup

P
kick off
kick off
P
Not only is Enzo a great player and a super competetive athlete, but he's a nice kid as well. I had the pleasure of teaching him as a freshman and every time I see him he mentions how much he liked my class. It just warms my heart to see such a model of a young man doing well and recieving recognition.

Last edited by PHPPPF; 05/29/08 06:17 PM.
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
I'm sure Clemson will solve any such problem. There has been plenty of non-citizens play there (Dane Richards) and other in-state non-citizens who just go to college there. Anyhow, he is gonna have to become a U.S. citizen so he can play in the World Cup in 2014

"Quit ball watchin' son!"
B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
Is Enzo the best soccer player named Martinez living in SC, or could it be Eric Martinez? Since Eric plays both club and high school soccer in NC, he doesn't get any press on this website. I believe Eric is the only South Carolinian currently rostered on a US national team.

Last edited by bruin; 06/02/08 12:48 AM.
S
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
S
The law in South Carolina is very clear for state supported schools. The difference with other international players attending SC state supported colleges is that they are on F-1 Student VISAs which they received through their native country. In order to get a F-1 VISA you must leave the United States and get it from your native country. There is no guarantee you would get back in the United States, especially since you were living here so long with out any type of VISA. This will be very difficult for him and he needs to be working on it now. The SC law states that no student can receive any type of money or even be accepted at a state supported college without the proper VISA if you are a non-citizen. Every college has an international student office, and they are required to have all the necessary paperwork that the US requires.

Last edited by scsoccermann; 06/02/08 01:50 AM.
Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
Enzo and Eric are close in age, and live about 15 minutes from eachother.

Have they ever played together? Trained together?

Have they ever met?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
F
kick off
kick off
F
Eric goes to private school in NC and left the Fort Mill School District after his 8th grade year but still resides in the area.

I believe he doesn't get much discussion as he plays HS and club in NC.

Discoveries and his Charlotte team have faced off a few times over the years.

Hurst66 Offline OP
world cup
OP Offline
world cup
I know he lives here.

Just curious if he and Enzo have ever gotten together and kicked a ball around?

F
kick off
kick off
F
Yes ----one time a few years ago

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
this kids accomplishments keep going and going..hes one of the best in the business

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
is he legal? is he on an ODP team? if so, which one?

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
i thought he plays for sc on the 90s and the regional team

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
That's very interesting about the other Martinez! Sounds like a player!

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
Found this out -- Any player who resides in the U.S. may tryout for ODP. A player who is not yet a citizen may not travel with ODP out of the country because there is not a passport to get back into the United States.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Overheard on the radio SC is instituting new law where illegal citizens (or whatever the PC term is) cannot attend state colleges, nor any private school in SC. I don't know what the Martinez status is so it may not relate. I do know that our public HS have to be made available to all our youth no matter what their legal status may be.

S
kick off
kick off
S
Congratulations to Enzo! Not only for the Player of the Year award - but also for his continued success in school.

Eric and Enzo have known each other since they were about 14 due to playing against one another. Eric is a defender - so he and Enzo have come "face to face" on a number of occasions. Eric was considering joining the Discoveries (and went to their tryouts) after the 8th grade - but then he was accepted to Providence Day School in Charlotte and the HS and club seasons conflicted.

Eric has committed to USC for 2009 (Eric was born in Virginia and my husband and I are both citizens - so no issues for Eric) and if Enzo does go to Clemson they will once again face off! We always thought it would be fun to have them on the same team then it would be Enzo up top, Alex in the middle and Eric in the back. The three Amigos (Martinez')! We figured they would be unstoppable.

I can't wait to see what Enzo does as a senior - probably break his own records and be a menace to all the SC defenders. Best of luck Enzo.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard