Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
The goal scored by the NW defender on his own keeper was disallowed for what was deemed to be a push by the IRMO Striker during the Upper State Championship. Please review the video and record your vote. Poll results will be published on Sunday at noon.

Select the Quicktime viewer found below the player for full control of playback options.

http://revver.com/video/886252/upper-state-championship-irmo-vs-northwestern/

Good Call or Bad Call?
single choice
Good Call (30%, 20 Votes)
Bad Call (70%, 46 Votes)
Total Votes: 66
Voting on this poll ends: 05/18/08 04:00 PM

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
goal
goal
You can't tell from this video. It is not clear enough.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Select the Quicktime viewer found under the player and you'll be able to pause, advance and rewind the player to get a closer look.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
N
throw in
throw in
N
from what i can see, looks like both players just went up for the header. tough call for imro

Rock Hill Soccer Fan
S
throw in
throw in
S
Goal for Irmo .Irmo player had Position Plus got a forearm to the back.One more bad call that Changes the out come of a good game.

sancho
brace
brace
The NW kid is falling when the video catches him. Must have been pushed.

Since I am not from Columbia, I vote NW.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Manchester...Do you have to do this every time a call goes against you???

1-The call was made by the linesman not the center.
2-In my opinion there was no foul in that play. I was there I do not need to see a video
3-As this one benfited NW, lets not forget that Irmo was the beneficiary of other calls. Jugal tripping over the ball comes to mind.
4-If you want contraversy, I'll give you two

a- did the ball cross the line in Irmo's goal.(I'll admit from my angle I could not tell). I find it difficult in that it hit the crossbar, the ground, the post and out to the keeper.

b- The obvious handball NW's Benson had in the box in the second half. (don't give me shoulder people...I saw it, it hit between the elbow and the shoulder as he lowered to try chest the ball... and there were other very soccer savvy people with me who felt the same)

It was a high intensity game played by two teams that gave everything. My own opinions of certain players in the game (from both sides) are irrelevant. I was impressed by the heart shown by both teams the full 80 minutes.

For that I thank both teams for a very entertaining evening.
Good luck NW against SV
Irmo next year you will be loaded to the gills

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
Personally I thought it was a terrible call just based on the fact I didn't think it was a foul. The other reason I have such a major problem with the call is that the referee was allowing much worse all game long. It was a very physical match and fouls way worse than that one in the box were not called all night. If an official is going to call that foul, then its a foul all over the rest of the pitch and that was not the case all night long. Consistency is all players, coaches and fans ask for. If you're going to call it tight, call it tight and if you're going to allow the players to play then let them play on. Either way its over and Northwestern won. However I think that the foul called to disallow the goal was a very poor call.

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
I think the Northwestern players told Coach Wren the ball crossed the line on Irmo's goal. At least thats what Coach Wren said in an interview after the game to a newspaper reporter.

C
bench
bench
C
Very tough call.

Just another example of bad referees being allowed to ref big games. When did someone decide that Tanverdi or the redhead were good referees. Just because they have been around long doesn't make them quality. And what about Correa (sp), he may be the most consistently bad referee in the midlands, but he continually is called upon to ref big game after big game. It just doesn't make sense. This tangent about the referees is in no way trying to say that they were the reason Irmo lost, but more of long overdue blow up on how some of these terribly overrated refs are called upon to referee these types of big games.

By the way, does anyone know where Jeremy Brooks is? Haven't seen him ref a game this year. Maybe I just haven't been to enough and if he is still around why isn't he being given these games?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard