Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Jeremy has refed games this year...

You want to complain about the refs??? you do not have to go far tlak with Dennis Cook he is the assignor and an assistant coach at Irmo.

goal
goal
Sketchy video tough call, but what it looks from the video is a 50/50 ball. I wasnt there though. Just from the video.

I hate floppers
H
goal kick
goal kick
H
I agree clemsonsoccer, Jeremy is probably my favorite as far as officials in South Carolina. He manages the game well and though I don't agree with all his calls, he's the most consistent of the referee's I've seen.

As far as Dennis Cook, I hate how people feel like he automatically puts Irmo at an advantage cause he's an assistant there (not saying this because of futbol's post, but just from hearing other people as well). The disallowed goal should be proof that he has no effect at all as far as officiating goes during the actual game. Irmo suffers from the same poor officiating as every other team does. The State Championship game vs Wando in '01 or '02 is probably the biggest game that sticks out for me as far as officiating costing Irmo a game. However these referee's are people who do this work for the love of the game, and while they could improve they are the best we have right now.

goal
goal
The refs were absolutely awful. They gave Irmo so many calls that were complete bollocks so that call did not alone change the outcome of the game. If you were not there, you have no idea. The refs were awful for both sides but I thought they favored Irmo by far.

brace
brace
I Really Missthe Officials!

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Hollywood.. my point was that if the officials are not to their satisfaction the person to speak to is in the Irmo area. I did not claim and advantage was gained by Irmo (and I understand you did not imply I said that).

I know Mr Tanverdi for years and he has his games and faux pas (last year 4A girls final comes to mind)... he is human. I can tell you that the referees in Rock Hill area are no better.

Was it the best officiated game? maybe, maybe not. Should the AR have made the call when Tanverdi was clearly in position? Maybe, maybe not.

In Tanverdi's defense of physical play consistency, he had given the goal. It was the AR that made the call. Why he did not overrule the AR I don not know.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

The NW kid is falling when the video catches him. Must have been pushed.

Since I am not from Columbia, I vote NW.

You must be from out of the country....

....The Irmo player is the one falling to the ground.

Irmo---Dressed in Yellow and Black

NW-----Dressed in Blue and white.

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
NW-----Dressed in Blue and white.

I think that is purple.

S
bench
bench
S
How is that considered a foul? Even if there was an elbow in the back, stuff like that goes on all game. The NW player didnt even fall, while the irmo player did. Another wonderful call by arrogant referees who think they know how to referee because theyve been around for a while.

brace
brace
The timing of the whistle may have caused the lack of reaction. Unfortunately, video doesn't always tell everything.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard