Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
The goal scored by the NW defender on his own keeper was disallowed for what was deemed to be a push by the IRMO Striker during the Upper State Championship. Please review the video and record your vote. Poll results will be published on Sunday at noon.

Select the Quicktime viewer found below the player for full control of playback options.

http://revver.com/video/886252/upper-state-championship-irmo-vs-northwestern/

Good Call or Bad Call?
single choice
Good Call (30%, 20 Votes)
Bad Call (70%, 46 Votes)
Total Votes: 66
Voting on this poll ends: 05/18/08 04:00 PM

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
goal
goal
You can't tell from this video. It is not clear enough.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Select the Quicktime viewer found under the player and you'll be able to pause, advance and rewind the player to get a closer look.

N
throw in
throw in
N
from what i can see, looks like both players just went up for the header. tough call for imro

Rock Hill Soccer Fan
S
throw in
throw in
S
Goal for Irmo .Irmo player had Position Plus got a forearm to the back.One more bad call that Changes the out come of a good game.

sancho
brace
brace
The NW kid is falling when the video catches him. Must have been pushed.

Since I am not from Columbia, I vote NW.

Retired, Old, Happy, and off into the sunset
F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Manchester...Do you have to do this every time a call goes against you???

1-The call was made by the linesman not the center.
2-In my opinion there was no foul in that play. I was there I do not need to see a video
3-As this one benfited NW, lets not forget that Irmo was the beneficiary of other calls. Jugal tripping over the ball comes to mind.
4-If you want contraversy, I'll give you two

a- did the ball cross the line in Irmo's goal.(I'll admit from my angle I could not tell). I find it difficult in that it hit the crossbar, the ground, the post and out to the keeper.

b- The obvious handball NW's Benson had in the box in the second half. (don't give me shoulder people...I saw it, it hit between the elbow and the shoulder as he lowered to try chest the ball... and there were other very soccer savvy people with me who felt the same)

It was a high intensity game played by two teams that gave everything. My own opinions of certain players in the game (from both sides) are irrelevant. I was impressed by the heart shown by both teams the full 80 minutes.

For that I thank both teams for a very entertaining evening.
Good luck NW against SV
Irmo next year you will be loaded to the gills

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
Personally I thought it was a terrible call just based on the fact I didn't think it was a foul. The other reason I have such a major problem with the call is that the referee was allowing much worse all game long. It was a very physical match and fouls way worse than that one in the box were not called all night. If an official is going to call that foul, then its a foul all over the rest of the pitch and that was not the case all night long. Consistency is all players, coaches and fans ask for. If you're going to call it tight, call it tight and if you're going to allow the players to play then let them play on. Either way its over and Northwestern won. However I think that the foul called to disallow the goal was a very poor call.

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
I think the Northwestern players told Coach Wren the ball crossed the line on Irmo's goal. At least thats what Coach Wren said in an interview after the game to a newspaper reporter.

C
bench
bench
C
Very tough call.

Just another example of bad referees being allowed to ref big games. When did someone decide that Tanverdi or the redhead were good referees. Just because they have been around long doesn't make them quality. And what about Correa (sp), he may be the most consistently bad referee in the midlands, but he continually is called upon to ref big game after big game. It just doesn't make sense. This tangent about the referees is in no way trying to say that they were the reason Irmo lost, but more of long overdue blow up on how some of these terribly overrated refs are called upon to referee these types of big games.

By the way, does anyone know where Jeremy Brooks is? Haven't seen him ref a game this year. Maybe I just haven't been to enough and if he is still around why isn't he being given these games?

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Jeremy has refed games this year...

You want to complain about the refs??? you do not have to go far tlak with Dennis Cook he is the assignor and an assistant coach at Irmo.

goal
goal
Sketchy video tough call, but what it looks from the video is a 50/50 ball. I wasnt there though. Just from the video.

I hate floppers
H
goal kick
goal kick
H
I agree clemsonsoccer, Jeremy is probably my favorite as far as officials in South Carolina. He manages the game well and though I don't agree with all his calls, he's the most consistent of the referee's I've seen.

As far as Dennis Cook, I hate how people feel like he automatically puts Irmo at an advantage cause he's an assistant there (not saying this because of futbol's post, but just from hearing other people as well). The disallowed goal should be proof that he has no effect at all as far as officiating goes during the actual game. Irmo suffers from the same poor officiating as every other team does. The State Championship game vs Wando in '01 or '02 is probably the biggest game that sticks out for me as far as officiating costing Irmo a game. However these referee's are people who do this work for the love of the game, and while they could improve they are the best we have right now.

goal
goal
The refs were absolutely awful. They gave Irmo so many calls that were complete bollocks so that call did not alone change the outcome of the game. If you were not there, you have no idea. The refs were awful for both sides but I thought they favored Irmo by far.

brace
brace
I Really Missthe Officials!

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
Hollywood.. my point was that if the officials are not to their satisfaction the person to speak to is in the Irmo area. I did not claim and advantage was gained by Irmo (and I understand you did not imply I said that).

I know Mr Tanverdi for years and he has his games and faux pas (last year 4A girls final comes to mind)... he is human. I can tell you that the referees in Rock Hill area are no better.

Was it the best officiated game? maybe, maybe not. Should the AR have made the call when Tanverdi was clearly in position? Maybe, maybe not.

In Tanverdi's defense of physical play consistency, he had given the goal. It was the AR that made the call. Why he did not overrule the AR I don not know.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

The NW kid is falling when the video catches him. Must have been pushed.

Since I am not from Columbia, I vote NW.

You must be from out of the country....

....The Irmo player is the one falling to the ground.

Irmo---Dressed in Yellow and Black

NW-----Dressed in Blue and white.

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
NW-----Dressed in Blue and white.

I think that is purple.

S
bench
bench
S
How is that considered a foul? Even if there was an elbow in the back, stuff like that goes on all game. The NW player didnt even fall, while the irmo player did. Another wonderful call by arrogant referees who think they know how to referee because theyve been around for a while.

brace
brace
The timing of the whistle may have caused the lack of reaction. Unfortunately, video doesn't always tell everything.

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
what the video does not show is that the foul occured before the ball got there. ask the other nhs defenders and watch number 3 yelling at the ref before he realizes that the goal has been disallowed. my favorite call in the game was when two blonde haired kids ran into each other and fell down within a few inches of a nhs player and nhs was caled for a foul. next favorite was when the big kid for nhs was in the box awaiting a direct kick not 15 yards away and both arms of the blonde haired defender were around his chest and waist and the ref was 5 yards away appearing to look right at the play. fouls in the first half were 15 to 6. bet u cant figure out who had the six? i'll gve u a hint it wasnt nhs. as bad as the fouls were, the 50/50 balls that went out of bounds was worse. willing to bet it was worse than the foul totals. better team won.

corner kick
corner kick
The AR doesn't have a whistle...

...could it have been the sound of the flag flapping?????

No, video doesn't ALWAYS show everything, BUT in this case it's pretty conclusive...And more than enough for the replay official to overturn the call, award the goal and kick the red headed AR in the seat of the pants (well maybe not a swift kick, just reassign him to club U4)

brace
brace
How come every time Irmo loses in the playoffs they pull out a video or fuss about how they were robbed? Remember the infamous "no goal" three years back when they showed a video that apparently showed a goal for them that was not counted because the South Aiken keeper swept away the ball after it crossed the line? Last year they were robbed because the refs at Mauldin called everything against them. This year it's the disallowed goal due to a non existent foul.

Bad and questionable calls happen to all teams. I'm sure that Irmo was the recipients of several major calls throughout the year that the other team could have argued. In the end the game wasn't lost due to the referees.

goal
goal
I don't think anyone could have said it better than that CornerFlag!

M
bench
bench
M
its ok IRMO fans.. IRMO plays most beautiful soccer around here..

P
corner kick
corner kick
P
Too me you can clearly tell that in no way to did the Irmo play foul the NW player? How could he have fouled him he was in front of him? Jeremy is usually one of the better ones though...

M
bench
bench
M
this is aweful call.... it should been a goal... WOW

brace
brace
Gouda or Monterey Jack. Great cheeses to go with that whine.

Give it up.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
All of the blond hair is hindering my vision.

H
bench
bench
H
and all of the complaining from enzo and the northwestern team is maken me death....

goal
goal
Bottom line NHS 2 IRMO 1.

BYAHHH!!!!

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
Quote:

How come every time Irmo loses in the playoffs they pull out a video or fuss about how they were robbed? Remember the infamous "no goal" three years back when they showed a video that apparently showed a goal for them that was not counted because the South Aiken keeper swept away the ball after it crossed the line? Last year they were robbed because the refs at Mauldin called everything against them. This year it's the disallowed goal due to a non existent foul.

Could of been because someone else asked to see it in another thread. Who knows.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
So its not good for Irmo fans, who have a dog in the fight, to go on and on about the team they love, BUT it is OK for futbol and CornerFlag to say Goodbye to to SCSOCCER with a glowing narcissistic post and go on and on without a dog in the fight? Whine and Cheese?

Is it really GOODBYE Futbol and CornerFlag, or were you just blowing hot air?

F
kick off
kick off
F
In my many years of watching SC Soccer in Club, High School, and College, I have seen games lost by calls made or not made by the referees and have come to this conclusion: When the referee is right, he's right. When the referee is wrong, he's right. This is not a perfect world, and imperfect calls will always happen. Sometimes you're on the good side of a call, sometimes the opposite. It's just the nature of being human.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
True Futbol Mom - the games over. But like all sports, when's theres a video camera (pro, college, high school) we have a nature to see if the call was right or wrong. Where would we be without TV instant replay to see if the refs got it right?

Irmo and Northwestern can hold their heads high and fans of both teams can be passionate about their team.

F
Hat-Trick
Hat-Trick
F
keepermom it is goodbye and as I said I will be lurking.. Lastly if you read my post you will note that
a- I thought it should have been a goal
b- I thought there were MORE contraversial calls specifically a handball in the box.

My point is that every time you lose a major game only Irmo comes up with the replay.

So lets say it proves you 100% correct... then what?

The game is over, officially NW 2 - 1 Irmo. Whether you, I or anyone else likes it or not .

goal
goal
THROW THE RED FLAG!!

I hate floppers
bench
bench
I'd like to see what happened before the camera panned to the header. Maybe that's when a push happened. If not, then this is just one of MANY non-called goals this year for a lot of teams. Its a shame that single play cost Irmo the entire match. (yes, that's sarcasm)

Last edited by Chris Rolfe; 05/15/08 06:50 PM.
goal kick
goal kick
that was a horrible call by the official. it obviously went off the back or forearm of the NW player. Should've counted as an own goal, and if it did hit the players arm a red card.... i'm being too harsh.. maybe a yellow card at the least since it was an own goal.

"THERE IS ONLY 1 RONALDO"
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Futbol post:
"My point is that every time you lose a major game only Irmo comes up with the replay.

So lets say it proves you 100% correct... then what?"

If all videos showed 100% errors on Irmo replays, then it obviously makes a huge statement! Biased Refs? Poor Refs? You tell me. 100% as you say would be an absolute error in the calls. No change in the outcome, but enough reason (100%) to question the calls.

goal
goal
Irmo refs are crap, bottom line. They give Irmo the majority of the calls in every game I have witnessed.

jkr Offline
kick off
kick off
no offense to anyone but does this really even matter. yes the refs are terrible at times and they can be one sided but this video doesn't prove anything. Northwestern is going to state no matter how much you fuss about it.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Irmo refs are crap, bottom line. They give Irmo the majority of the calls in every game I have witnessed.

Fake Henry, You like that "bottom line" phrase don't you....

You have NO room to talk about officials favoring anyone else...

You complained about the fouls by Dorman against NW in the 2nd half, but you have nothing to say about NW's flagrant fouls the entire game.

NW continues to be allowed that little bit of extra aggression on their fouls(elbows, pushes, take-downs from behind) without receiving a card (a lot of player ref conferences on the field)

...and the Irmo video was excellent work...don't know why you would say it wasn't clear enough....Oh, you must have been sitting in the sun

I heard that "HeTakesPictures" was so impressed with the goal video, he is trying to recruit the Irmo videographer for sub work at BC

M
bench
bench
M
well fakehenry is NW fan and i understand how he always support his team. but TOO MUCH.....

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

no offense to anyone but does this really even matter. yes the refs are terrible at times and they can be one sided but this video doesn't prove anything. Northwestern is going to state no matter how much you fuss about it.

i cant believe this but im going to agree with you on this one.

goal
goal
Spartan, okay. Sorry I am wrong. You are right.

And Messi+Deco, first learn how to type, then come talk to me.

Last edited by The Real Henry; 05/16/08 05:05 AM.
corner kick
corner kick
You're Welcome....It's the least I could do

Goal
Goal
Quote:

I heard that "HeTakesPictures" was so impressed with the goal video, he is trying to recruit the Irmo videographer for sub work at BC

Hey, how did I get mixed up in this?

I do have some great video of BC beating SV in the scrimmage

Go Spring Valley
Go Chapin

Bring it home to the lower-state

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

no offense to anyone but does this really even matter.

I guess it matters to over 2000 viewers and 47 replies. That what SCCOCCER is all about... opinions, thoughts, discussion, emotions, passion, and once in a while a solution... so maybe it doesn't matter to you and if that's the case don't post anything and keep pushing this to the top, but for the rest of us, YES it matters.

bench
bench
Quote:

no offense to anyone but does this really even matter.

From the standpoint of changing the call, you're right. It doesn't matter. The call won't be reversed and the game won't be replayed. But to those Irmo players and fans who believe an injusticed occurred, this forum is a chance to vent and gain some closure, possibly to their high school soccer careers. Like I said earlier, if this is a bad call, then it is one of many for the season. My team suffered a non-call that should have been an easy straight red in play-offs. These things happen to everyone. Fortunately or unfortunately, that's part of the game. It's just sad that it had to happen in such a crucial match.

sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Quote:

You complained about the fouls by Dorman against NW in the 2nd half, but you have nothing to say about NW's flagrant fouls the entire game.

NW continues to be allowed that little bit of extra aggression on their fouls(elbows, pushes, take-downs from behind) without receiving a card (a lot of player ref conferences on the field)

SPARTAN,
Im pretty sure Alex got a yellow card for a pretty bad foul in the irmo game actually. Do some research. And i know at least one player got one in the dorman game. Do your research again. And to say NW gets away with flagrant fouls makes you sound really dumb, just to let you know. I've been to several games and watched both teams get away with bad fouls, and get called for tick tack fouls. Dont make it sound like the refs like NW. For god's sake, Irmo coach schedules them!!!

Last edited by sG; 05/16/08 05:28 PM.

One Time!
jkr Offline
kick off
kick off
i agree with you that the call was horrible and it should have been a goal but regardless Northwestern is playing tomorrow

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Alex got a yellow for time wasting in the Irmo game.. so even to that point there was no agression. Give me some examples Spartan and then I will listen.

Last edited by Mike Bassett; 05/16/08 07:54 PM.
P
kick off
kick off
P
Sorry Bassett but there are plenty of examples regarding Alex and fouls...

goal
goal
Sorry that you play for Rock Hill High...

Last edited by The Real Henry; 05/17/08 12:59 AM.
M
bench
bench
M
henry..you dont even play soccer...

goal
goal
Yeah you would know wouldn't you you creep. I saw you looking through my window the other night.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Poll Results Published

C
bench
bench
C
pretty good response to the poll. sometimes you get unlucky in soccer. its a shame one team had to lose that game.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard