Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
C
Many people including myself have proposed questions and thoughts about changing the way schools are classified under the SCHSL ie instead of school size, the league organizes based on the skill of the team.

I have a very complex proposal and thoughts about what I think that league should be. And SCSoccer.com has posted one on the main page as well.

It seems that people desire this to happen but to do a massive makeover of the system is not possible because it would take to much time and effort. And that many of the systems that have been proposed are a little to complicated to implement.

I was thinking that a simple way to move the best teams in the league up and the teams that are over match to play teams of their own calibre would be for every League 4A 3A 2A To propose 8 teams or less in league to move up or down a league 4 up 4 down.

Example

At the end of the year 4A proposes
that
Eastside,Riverside, Greenville and Bishop England
join the Class 4A
and that
Orangeburg-Wilkinson, Crestwood, Lower Richland Laurens would move down to 3A or lower if dictated

Over time the best teams would be in the Top league and the changes would be come less and less

I think this is a little more simple than other plans that have been Posted

I would hope that it would be more realistic as well.

Post your thoughts about the idea and what teams and where they should go.

A side issue is that I think that the SCISA teams should be integrate in as well.

Count Zero
I Shall Return

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you could use the pro league format, where the top teams in a division move up one at the end of the season. the same amount from the higher division move down because of their low rank

wax it up and grind

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Understand Soccer is not everything. OW is awesome at basketball they would never move down to 3a. Bishop England and Eastside couldnt hang in other sports. Think about it. No way would anyone look at soccer and think of changing the rules for it. In SC all the money and decisions go to FOOTBALL or maybe a little to basketball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, for one realignment has nothing to do with the skill of a team. It is based on the population of your high school. They are not going to change how they do it either. Plus, you have to think about other sports. Some schools are better at some sports than other ones. What can you do about that? You can't have different sports in the same school playing in different regions. It is all based on the amount of students a school has.

C
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
C
That is what this whole idea is about changing the Alignment just for Soccer. The current alignment in all other sports would stay the same.

In all praticality, the alignment in soccer is messed up already especailly for 2A and 1A because half of the schools don't have teams. I think it is kind of crazy have 2 schools in a region

Count Zero
I Shall Return

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Count - basically what you have proposed is promotion and relegation. High schools have no control over the retention of players. Four years and out for high school kids.

I've said on this board before - when you let me take my all everything goal scorer and sign him to a long term contract after his senior year, then your idea may be valid.

For the league to decide which should be promoted would really open a can of worms. Maybe let the schools request to move up or down (which happens in SCISA). Then you'd have the football powers sacrificing the rest of their athletic programs for the sake the good-ol'-boy sport.

B
goal
goal
B
First of all let me say I don't think this will ever happen due to the administrative problems it would cause. However, just for argument sake,say the SCHSL had separate alignments and classifications for soccer only. SCISA has a sepa rate classification/alignment for football apart from the other sports. It seems to work okay.It would take work,but SCHSL could break soccer out and have alignments for soccer only.You could have realignment every 2 years just as you do now. Most schools are fairly consistent in their level of play so I don't think you would see a case where a school was a title contender one year and then at the level much lower the next.You would of course see movement within classes each year due to graduation but teams should still be competitive on a yearly basis in their class. It would make soccer more competitive in SC and more interesting ,but it ain't gonna happen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kyle
Haven't I seen this out here before? Didn't you and Mr. Easley do a format something like the EPL in England?

thanks
shearer

World Cup
Online Content
World Cup
Shearer, this has been discussed on the Message Board before -- see links provided.

However, if you are not a Subscriber to www.scsoccer.com, you will not be able to view the "table proposal". To quote MasterCard (or one of the credit card companies) -- "Membership has its' priviliges"!

SCHSL Table Proposal Discussion

SCSOCCER.COM Subscribers Can View This Link

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Kyle Outstanding as always!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard