Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
Good afternoon folks! As long as the wireless feed holds out, we'll update from Stone Stadium with news from the action at this year's State Championship!

After 15 minutes played, Bishop England and Woodruff are still tied 0:0

Brace
OP Offline
Brace
GOAL - on 32 minutes, by Woodruff's Casey Black.

Here are the current statistics:

Score: BE 0:1 W

Shots: BE 2, W 5
Saves: BE 4 (Erika Christensen), W 1 (Jordan Lawson)
Corners: BE 0, W 0
Fouls: BE 2, W 2

Time of Possession favors Woodruff

World Cup
World Cup
The Public school strikes first!

jkr Offline
kick off
kick off
GO WOODRUFF!!!!

L
Goal
Goal
L
i'm feeling the upset!

world cup
world cup
Only a freshman.....but already one of the best players in the state.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
Halftime at Stone Stadium! Here are your halftime statistics:

Shots: BE 3, W 6
Saves: BE 4 (Erika Christensen), W 2 (Jordan Lawson)
Fouls: BE 3, W 2

Time of Possession still favors Woodruff, but the Bishops picked it up after conceding the first goal.

Brace
OP Offline
Brace
Action heating up as we approach 50 minutes in. After Woodruff is awarded their first corner and the ball is cleared, the Bishops have pushed forward and earned two corners. A shot by Maggie Cornely was destined for the twine, but was cleared by a back. Then the Bishops' Lizzie Daly strokes on from 15 yards which finds its way into the goal. Then before we could post, a misplay by the Woodruff defender left a ball inside the penalty spot for Daly's second goal.

52nd minute stats:

Score: BE 2:1 W

Shots: BE 7, W 9
Corners: BE 2, W 1

Great action from Stone Stadium now, leaning in the direction of the Bishops.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Halftime at Stone Stadium! Here are your halftime statistics:

Shots: BE 3, W 6

Time of Possession still favors Woodruff, but the Bishops picked it up after conceding the first goal.

Thanks for the update, for those of us that can't make it.

Brace
OP Offline
Brace
A nice cross, punched away but not far enough away by the Woodruff keeper, leaves the ball free inside the penalty box for Ayla Walter. Walter tickles the twine sending the shot below Lawson to take a 3:1 lead on 54 minutes.

Brace
OP Offline
Brace
Glad we got a signal this year. We'll do the best we can to keep folks up-to-date.

Brace
OP Offline
Brace
An injury to Woodruff's Devyn Harman has caused a break in the action. Play is still centered mostly in the Bishop's attacking third of the pitch. But Woodruff has picked up the pace. Just over an hour played...

BE 3:1 Woodruff

Brace
OP Offline
Brace
After one hour, here are your match statistics:

Score: BE 3:1 W

Shots: BE 12, W 10
Saves: BE 5 (Erika Christensen), W 4 (Jordan Lawson)
Corners: BE 3, W 1
Fouls: BE 6, W 3

Brace
OP Offline
Brace
A free kick to BE and a well timed run, coupled with the location of the ball leads to another Bishop goal. The ball was just outside the penalty area, and the keeper couldn't make a clean play. Persistance leads to a goal by Bishop England's Elizabeth Miller.

Less than 10 minutes remain, with the score Bishop England 4, Woodruff 1.

world cup
world cup
Talk about getting back up off of the mat!

So much for the importance of scoring the first goal.

Wow!

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
M
corner kick
corner kick
M
Well I guess that makes 7 straight

Brace
OP Offline
Brace
BE 4:1 Woodruff- FT --- getting busy so it will be a while.

Brace
OP Offline
Brace
Final Statistics:

Bishop England 4:1 Woodruff

Shots: BE 15, W 11
Saves: BE 5 (Erika Christensen), W 6 (Jordan Lawson)
Corners: BE 3, W 1
Fouls: BE 6, W 6

Goals:
Woodruff - Casey Black (32');
Bishop England - Lizzie Daly (50', 51'); Ayla Walter (54'); Elizabeth Miller (68');

Attendance: Appx 1000;

Folks, I hate to report that I have to leave for a family committment (my wife's birthday) and would rather remain married. So we will not be able to post the remaining match results. We will be back tomorrow to post the results of those matches. Please keep the thread going based on results phoned-in from Stone Stadium. Until tomorrow, cheers!

S
throw in
throw in
S
1-0 with 12 minutes to go. Very even game from what I have been told from parent at game.

bench
bench
GO WARRIORS! I'd love to see the ladies hang on and win it...wish I could've made it

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
swimmer2 #104929 05/17/08 12:50 AM
S
throw in
throw in
S
Wando won 2-1.
3 StateChampionships in last 5 years.
Add the BE string and Lowcountry rules.

C
Coach
Online Content
Coach
C
Just phoned in from Stone..

Wando wins back-to-back at 2-1...congratulations to Coach Champ and the Lady Warriors!

I've got good news and bad news...
brace
brace
who won AAA?

"Living well's the best revenge." r.e.m.
throw in
throw in
dave, thank you very much for keeping everybody updated. Great job.

GOOOALASO
S
throw in
throw in
S
Hilton Head 3 Riverside 1

N
corner kick
corner kick
N
I guess for '08, the Lowcountry rules!

G
corner kick
corner kick
G
The Wando/Mauldin game was a great one. The speed of play was amazing. All goals came in second half.
Congratulations to both teams.

I
goal
goal
I
Refs in the AAA match hurt Riverside... not a Riverside fan, or parent or anything, just a guy watching... pulled one out of the net, to give river side a kick, ADVANTAGE, anyone... one poor dad tried to explode his vocal cords, yelling at the REF... AA, and AAAA refs did ok what I saw any way(left at half time of Mal, wando match)... Riverside has a right to be upset, more physical team, HH, more passing, and touch... would have been closer.

Hate to see games decided that way...

Congrats to Wando, HH, and BE, good players and play for all six teams... Most teams were at home hoping to be in Stone Stadium... Congrats to all

Last edited by Papa Hatfield; 05/17/08 02:45 AM.
S
throw in
throw in
S
it was a shame to see RHS play vs 12 as the ref also called a foul on a RHS defender after she had clearly played the ball first 10 seconds later HHHS scored on a lob over the RHS goalie's head on the direct kick..... The center refs for the 2A and 4A Championship games were very good! What happened with the 3A game??? Without those two calls, a 2-2 game and in the hands of the players not the yellow shirted guy!

H
throw in
throw in
H
Papa Hatfield,
As I recall HH won by two goals, so even had Riverside converted that one goal they would have been down a goal at the end of the game. Furthermore, a hard penalty was missed by the ref when a HH player was double teamed and forced to the ground, had that been called there would have been no counter-attack. I just do not like how you say "hate to see games decided that way". Riverside was down two goals not one, so HH worked hard and deserved to win that game.

S
throw in
throw in
S
Hawk.... please see abouve would have been an even game if the ref hadn't spotted HHHS the first goal on a call just as bad as the goal taken away from RHS even game 2-2

I
goal
goal
I
I said it would have been closer, with as many bum calls that were made who could tell, HH had a better team, touch and passing, I said so, but it leaned toward HH by the guy with the whistle, thats all..., everyone else was at home hoping to be where, RHS, and HH were congrats to both

I was not pulling for either side, I was pulling for Woodruff and their kids. Just hung out to watch some good soccer which I got to see, but it was tainted, in the AAA match...

throw in
throw in
Great night of soccer at USC! I wanted to comment on the Mauldin fans and players - class acts from start to finish! Our players even noticed that some Mauldin fans clapped for Wando during the awards presentation. Again, a real pleasure to see a hard-fought, clean game by two pretty evenly matched teams. Mauldin has a VERY talented team, and they gave Wando a real run for the money. In light of some of the horrible fan conduct that I have witnessed this year (ex:marbles being thrown at our keepers head) I was just so impressed by the class shown by the Mauldin team and their fans.

goal kick
goal kick
Quote:

Papa Hatfield,
As I recall HH won by two goals, so even had Riverside converted that one goal they would have been down a goal at the end of the game. Furthermore, a hard penalty was missed by the ref when a HH player was double teamed and forced to the ground, had that been called there would have been no counter-attack. I just do not like how you say "hate to see games decided that way". Riverside was down two goals not one, so HH worked hard and deserved to win that game.

I'm not sure of the score at the time this happened. but a goal can swing momentum by a lot. even if riverside was still down by a goal, only being down by a goal is a lot easier to fight back from. you have more confidence in yourself as a player. seeing a goal get taken away can crush a team. i agree with papa

i wanna stay inside
goal kick
goal kick
I was at the AAA game and Hilton Head controlled the majority of the game. They strung passes together well overall and really looked somewhat organized. Although the ref did call back a goal, Riverside still would have lost. Well deserved HH!

CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
Quote:

I was at the AAA game and Hilton Head controlled the majority of the game. They strung passes together well overall and really looked somewhat organized. Although the ref did call back a goal, Riverside still would have lost. Well deserved HH!

Did Jacobs play at all for Riverside?

C
bench
bench
C
Congrats to Wando. I'm so glad there was no talk about extra player's and so forth. A well coached team with great talent. I wish the program all the best.
Mauldin, great season by going on the road and winning 3 tough games against highly ranked and talented opponents.Great coaching job Kevin.
In a previous post there was discussion on Lexington rebuilding. I agree, they graduate 10 seniors in which 8-9 started, However WE will do everything to keep the tradition alive of a highly competitive team. Moving to Region 5 with 8 teams (and yes 5 will make the playoffs)should be interesting. Again, well done coach Champ, very hard to repeat....

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
With the discussion of refs being brought up, does anyone know what ref districts these crews came from?

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
Goal
Goal
I saw the last two games yesterday.

The AAA game had terrible officiating. Match should have been 2-2 after Riversides #7 snaked her way through Hilton Head's defense late in the game. However, I felt the better team won as #17, #10, #21, and #13 were outstanding.

Nightcap was fun. Big crowd! Those Mauldin kids (not the players) are crazy! Highway cones? Football players in jerseys, a sea of orange. Wando looked to have the better play and is very strong in the back. I was impressed by #12, #4, and #15. The keeper is very athletic as well. Again, I thought the better team won, but Mauldin is to be commended for making it through the Upstate which seemed to have 5-6 teams capable of making it to Columbia.

Congrats to all on fine seasons and their Championships!

50th for a reason!
goal kick
goal kick
Yes, Jacobs played a good bit from what I could see

goal kick
goal kick
"Should have been 2-2"

In the refs defense, I heard him blow his whistle before the Riverside player even shot the ball. I know you would say well it should have been advantage-- for that I have no answer. All I know is that the ref did call for a free kick before the goal was even scored.

R
bench
bench
R
Quote:

With the discussion of refs being brought up, does anyone know what ref districts these crews came from?

I'm not sure about the AAAA game, but the A/AA game was a combination of Rock Hill and Columbia refs, with a RH ref in the center. The AAA game was a Florence crew.

Brace
Brace
Way to go Wando and BE on the State Titles! Way to represent the Lowcountry!

S
coach
coach
S
Hilton Head doesn't represent the lowcountry?

R
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
R
Anybody got the names of the officiating crews for each of the Girls Championship matches?

Goal
Goal
I love the Woodruff crowd! Very energetic and supportive! How about the great Mauldin people too? Love the orange cones!

I don't understand why Mauldin doesn't have their numbers on the front of their uniforms though? I thought that was a HSL rule? I like the fact that the 4A girls game was a war though! Good competition and spirit from both sides.

Victory Starts Here!
World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Anybody got the names of the officiating crews for each of the Girls Championship matches?

They don't post officials names on this board (and are quickly deleted if they come up).

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Quote:

Sure people post this on the board. Every boxscore lists the officials. Likewise, David Easley has done the same with the boys State Finals boxscores. I'll have to look through Friday's posts to see if the same was posted.

They don't post officials names on this board (and are quickly deleted if they come up).

Class 4A Boys Officials: Jack Collins (R), Francisco Vasquez (AR), Mike Walters (AR), Paul Dungan (4th), Barry Kemp (Timer).
Class 3A Boys Officials: Bob Wern (R), Wayne Pavlischek (AR), Jeff Hearn (AR), Bucky Jones (4th), Barry Kemp (Timer).
Class 2A Boys Officials: Josh Rownd (R), PR\reston Shealy (AR), A.J. Rownd (AR), John Rownd (4th), Bob DeMailly,(Timer).
Class 1A Boys Officials: Andy Balfour (R), Kevin McLear (R), Ralf Anderson (AR), Scott Mehle (4th), Bob DeMailly (Timer).

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sure people post this on the board. Every boxscore lists the officials. Likewise, David Easley has done the same with the boys State Finals boxscores. I'll have to look through Friday's posts to see if the same was posted.

Class 4A Boys Officials: Jack Collins (R), Francisco Vasquez (AR), Mike Walters (AR), Paul Dungan (4th), Barry Kemp (Timer).
Class 3A Boys Officials: Bob Wern (R), Wayne Pavlischek (AR), Jeff Hearn (AR), Bucky Jones (4th), Barry Kemp (Timer).
Class 2A Boys Officials: Josh Rownd (R), PR\reston Shealy (AR), A.J. Rownd (AR), John Rownd (4th), Bob DeMailly,(Timer).
Class 1A Boys Officials: Andy Balfour (R), Kevin McLear (R), Ralf Anderson (AR), Scott Mehle (4th), Bob DeMailly (Timer).

Did you have to quote me so that even if I changed my post, everyone would still know? Throw a guy a bone, geez! I've seen threads on officials deleted. Is it only when they get personal or what?

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Sure people post this on the board. Officials are listed just like the teams and players -- all are a part of the match. Every boxscore lists the officials. Likewise, David Easley has done the same with the boys State Finals boxscores. I'll have to look through Friday's posts to see if the same was posted.

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Did you have to quote me so that even if I changed my post, everyone would still know? Throw a guy a bone, geez! I've seen threads on officials deleted. Is it only when they get personal or what?

Only when comments get malicious or the thread totally goes awry.

World Cup
World Cup
Awry, awry, awry. Go Tottenham!

R
bench
bench
R
Quote:

I went through my notes and this is who I had down for the A/AA girls championship match:
Spencer Calloway (R)- Rock Hill, Ricky Rogers (AR)- Rock Hill, Kevin Tempel (AR), Jeremy Brooks (4th), Barry Kemp (Timer)

World Cup
World Cup
Class 2A/1A Girls Officials: Spencer Calloway (R), Ricky Rogers (AR), Kevin Tempel (AR), Jeremy Brooks (4th).

Goal
Goal
Post deleted by Kevin Heise

Last edited by shut^&play; 05/19/08 12:46 PM.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
ouch!!

World Cup
World Cup
Not that I care or it matters what you think...but absolutely! Friday I had Spring Practice for football and left the school at 6:45. Saturday I stayed home with my son and babysat while my wife went to Doctor's Care after being sent home Thursday/Friday with high blood pressure from work. We discovered one of her medications was the culprit and are hoping the newly prescribed pill will work as well without all the side effects.

Any reason why you in particular are concerned? Did you work the weekend? Do you need a hug for your good work? Did someone not tell you thank you enough and you need it now?

goal
goal
Shut^up&Play giving people the treatment!!!!!!!!!

A SHARK ATE ME YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL
goal
goal
Even their neighbors!!!!!!

A SHARK ATE ME YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL
Goal
Goal

World Cup
World Cup
Kudos to Lauren! I'd rather be sure my wife didn't have a stroke...call me crazy. Oh, and if my kids can only make the All-Star team by me working on Saturday - the whole system and everyone on the committee is corrupt. Who do you coach? When was your shift?

World Cup
World Cup

Goal
Goal
I was just wondering what 4141 posts did for the association that you supposidly coach for.

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

I was just wondering what 4141 posts did for the association that you supposidly coach for.

Equips my computer with spell check.

corner kick
corner kick

Wow, I was wodnering how I would spend my time until next season...I want a front row seat for this! Sweet!!

Fletch: It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong. I am NOT a big man.
I
goal
goal
I
Why the love to hate Dale Jr. thought pattern?

throw in
throw in
Shut^&play:

You go ahead and share your wisdom. The force is strong in you. Giving the business to the good ole boys!!!!

But, you are exactly right. If you talk it, then do it. In all areas of business you have the mouths and the might. The might do the work so the mouths have something to talk about. THAT'S LIFE.

You have hit a nerve it seems. Keep it up.

Soccer is a game you just have to love!!!!
World Cup
World Cup
Still upset about Hannah G? Little too old to be crushing on her, don't you think?

Brace
Brace
Hilton Head doesn't represent the lowcountry?

Not MY Lowcountry! They're all Yankees in Hilton Head.

I
goal
goal
I
Struck a nerve, no, I just asked why he was after Jr. If you want some pointed posts read mine that got deleted, of too late. That was really putting it to the good old boys. This is just blog tennis, your court then mine... boring. snoring sound at my desk

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Struck a nerve, no, I just asked why he was after Jr. If you want some pointed posts read mine that got deleted, of too late. That was really putting it to the good old boys. This is just blog tennis, your court then mine... boring. snoring sound at my desk

We're doing the best we can in the offseason

World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

Shut^&play:

You go ahead and share your wisdom. The force is strong in you. Giving the business to the good ole boys!!!!

But, you are exactly right. If you talk it, then do it. In all areas of business you have the mouths and the might. The might do the work so the mouths have something to talk about. THAT'S LIFE.

You have hit a nerve it seems. Keep it up.

Grim Keeper! Now I know who you are! Speaking of nerves, I bet yours have reaaaaaaally been worked up as of late. Quite the omission...

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard