Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
goal
goal
Too many Northwestern haters as well Nemco. Sorry you couldn't beat them when you were in high school.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
HappyDaddy, bitter just a tad aren't we?

M
corner kick
corner kick
M
I would also like to say what a great game goalkeeper Wil Frierson had. I don't know where the three saves came from but he had some amazing saves last night and I definately saw more than three. Congratulations to Spring Valley on a great season.

hat-trick
hat-trick
Quote:

Ive seen a couple post saying how good SV's keeper was and how he was very good in the goal today but if NW had so many opportunities then how did he only have 3 saves? I cant believe that NW had 18 shots and the SV keeper only had 3 saves. CLARIFICATION ANYBODY!!!!!

Based on the posted stats for NW:
19 shots, but only 5 shots-on-goal (2 goals plus 3 saves)

A shot on goal is defined as either a goal or a shot that would have been a goal if not stopped by the keeper. Only 5 of NW shots were on goal. The rest either hit the woodwork or missed high or wide.

Brace
OP Offline
Brace
Thanks for the spirited posts, folks. Coach P said it correctly: keepers make plays all the time -- often great ones which may eventually prevent goals being scored -- but for a shot to be 'saved', it must have been destined for the goal had the keeper not been there. There were a number of back saves as well (none cleared off the line in dramatic fashion, but neatly cleared nonetheless). For instance, Thomas Wollersheium had a number of chances but put the ball way over the frame -- that is not counted as a 'shot' in NCAA or in high school. Many coaches or team statisticians tally every effort that a player may have 'intended' to be a shot.

In addition, I was the only one other than the official timer (officials Barry Kemp and Bob DeMailley) in the press box. I was doing public address, helping work the scoreboard, keeping the statistics, and posting updates. So I won't deny the possibility of having missed something. I have had some 18 years of experience, however, at both the high school level (including annually manning the venue at Airport HS for the Palmetto Cup) and the NCAA with the University of South Carolina. So I am comfortable in what I post

Keep up the passion you folks have for football (soccer) -- it is great for the sport in this state!

Cheers - Dave

Goal
Goal
Great Job Dave!

Congratulations to all the team that made the show.

What a great AAA play-off. After the 1st round, there were only three games decided by more than one point, and one of those was by only 2. I wonder how many of these were over-times or went into PKs?
Just goes to show how great soccer is in South Carolina!!!!!!

It was weird being at the game without a camera, but times like these are for the pros.

So now the quetion is, what do I do now???????

And as Dave says
Keep up the passion!

See you next year, because I still have a dog in the fight.

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
coach
coach
As has been said many years before, BE should not be allowed to play in 2A Championship. They are private, have always been private and should play for SCISA Championship, just as CN and Pinewood Prep and others have to do. Because private schools can recruit players, I do not think it is a fair playing field. It should not be allowed by SCHSL.

Last edited by 2004striker; 05/18/08 06:53 PM.
Brace
OP Offline
Brace
Just for the record, private schools may choose to participate in the High School league. Hammond did that a few years ago, but rejoined SCISA shortly thereafter. It is simply a matter of abiding by the guidelines maintained by the SCHSL ...

??? Offline
goal kick
goal kick
Exactly like i said...the red sox...hey basset...u are a sore winner

Last edited by Kyle Heise; 05/18/08 04:21 PM.
goal kick
goal kick
Okay this is getting out of control. I was in no means rooting for Northwestern but there is no denying that they controlled the majority of the game. Spring Valley played well also but the ball was in their defensive third the majority of the time. Both teams had some great opportunities. I wish Spring Valley would have come out with the W but they didn't. Great job to both teams.

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard