Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Brace
Brace
S
I think clemsonsoccer could be right. Irmo returns almost their entire team that gave Northwestern all they could handle in the semis. Let's not get too carried away with next years predictions, remember everyone wrote NW off this year saying they couldn't beat SV and look what they did, they beat an undefeated team. I am saying this as a NW alumni but I just love to see great soccer. No doubt, State next year will be Irmo and NW...should be a great one but I'll give my prediction when the time comes.

In my opinion though, upper semis was a lot more fun match to watch than 4a state. Congrats to all teams.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Well said Soccer2103. Two very disciplined and technically skilled teams. Great soccer to watch.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
bench
bench
Northwestern will be a nightmare to teams next year...

ENZO,ALEX,DENNIS-TERROR SQUAD

They will most definetly have teams running around in circles...

ALL OF THEIR OPPONENTS WILL BE LIKE STEVIE WONDER...UNABLE TO SEE NORTHWESTERN

The only thing on the mind of a Shark is Eat, by any means and you're just Sardines.
Brace
Brace
Irmo will give NW a better match than SV did!

P
kick off
kick off
P
Will Irmo's 2 captains be gone next year? I know Jugal will be gone...

goal
goal
Yes, 2 of Irmo's 3 captains will be gone. Jugal and Daniel Lynch, who is going to play at USC.

P
kick off
kick off
P
So the one who looks like Rio Ferdinand is gone? Or the Cpt. with the bleached hair?

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
the kinda short kid with bleached hair is returning

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Actually, the six foot '08 captain who marked Enzo so well is returning as a senior. Senior captains Daniel and Jugal are graduating. They've been a huge part of IRMO Soccer and they'll be missed, but the team is very deep on talent and more than ready to fill the gaps.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
C
bench
bench
C
I'm going to try and put this politely as possible, but I do not think the loss of Irmo's two starters will have near the impact some people think it might. Like someone already mentioned, Emmett Lunceford will be more than able to fill the gap in the middle. If you watched Irmo play at all this year you would have seen that Taylor Varney, Zach Acree, and Kyle McCewan were probably the best/most dangerous players for Irmo. Leo McCufsky (sp) returns and the middle and maybe most importantly Kyle Hubbard who did a better job shutting Enzo down than anyone I've seen in the past three years will also be back. Freshman Matt Seiverding did an amazing job in the back and towards the end of the year proved to be the most poised and effective back for the Yellow Jackets. No one is going to argue that NW is not the most top heavy team in terms of talent, but I think Irmo will be able to field that most talented starting 11.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard