OP Offline
brace
M
Prediction for 2009:
Lower State Champion - IRMO
Upper State Champion - Northwestern
IRMO vs Northwestern in the Final
2009 State Champion - IRMO

Post your own predictions here for 2009.

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
goal
goal
Northwestern will go undefeated next year in my opinion. Irmo will be awesome too.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
When IRMO and NW meet again it will be quite a game.

sG Offline
corner kick
corner kick
2009 State Champion is Northwestern regardless of who they play. They lose one starter, enough said.

One Time!
S
bench
bench
S
so what are the regions going to be like exactly?

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Region V-AAAA will move to lower state and will consist of Aiken, Dutch Fork, Irmo, Lexington, North Augusta, Orangeburg-Wilkinson, Richland Northeast, and White Knoll according to a post by Coach P.

goal kick
goal kick
I see no one beating northwestern next year, their returning Alex Enzo garbonzo and the guy who was unelligable this year will be back. They lost two this past year and surely will not lose a game next year. Also number 31, vance, is that guy returning for nw?

S
kick off
kick off
S
dude you named 8 teams in one region that does not make sense.

S
bench
bench
S
is there a place to find all next years regions id like to see them

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
I can't help you there. Just quoting the post from Coach P. I know for a fact Irmo moves to lower state.

goal
goal
#31 is Shawn Ferguson.

As sG said, Northwestern loses one starter and gains Dennis. They remain at the same caliber while everyone else gets a little worse. Should be a great year.

Ans I hope NHS and Irmo meet again. That would be a game!!!

goal
goal
And yes, Shawn will be a senior next year.

Goal
Goal

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year”
N
throw in
throw in
N
NW got the worst region in the state region while SP and RH will have their hands full next year.

How did they decide where these three schools went?

Rock Hill Soccer Fan
C
bench
bench
C
I know it is wayyyy to early to start speculating, but why not go ahead and do it now while people are still on here before it dies in the off-season

I know this post won't be popular with the NW crowd.(please don't yell at me Bassett or Henry) As far as overall talent, NW may have the edge, but I think Irmo has the edge due to the match-ups. The only time I have seen Enzo struggle is when a quick yet physical defender is able to take him out of his rhythm. Against SV Enzo was allowed to run wild. If you watched the Irmo game, Enzo was close to inneffective the entire game. JUNIOR Kyle Hubbard man marked Enzo and allowed Irmo to dominate the game. (i know they didn't win bassett, it happens sometimes) Irmo's entire offensive firepower came from underclassmen that will be returning. Irmo needs to fill a small void in the back, but practically return the same team similiar to NW. Irmo also had two freshman who started most of the year who with a little time will both be All-state material.
IRMO in '09!

goal
goal
CLEMSONSOCCER07, YOU ARE A STUPID-.........just kidding.

To Enzo's credit, he played shocking in the Irmo game but Kyle Hubbard did do a great job marking him. He was ineffective the whole game. I just don't see Irmo beating Northwestern with arguably their two best players gone, Jugal and Daniel. I do think Z. Acree is sick nasty though.

And the regions are stupid. Why do they split up the three in town high schools and put them in a better region? I would of rather seen Northwestern in there with Spring Valley ut oh well.

Last edited by The Real Henry; 05/19/08 04:00 AM.
C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

dude you named 8 teams in one region that does not make sense.

Makes very little sense to a lot of us, but that seldom seems to stop things from becoming fact nonetheless.

Here's the link to the realigned regions.

http://www.schsl.org/2007/Realignment%202008-10.htm

I've got good news and bad news...
C
Coach
Coach
C
Eh, I really should read all the way through before replying...yes, someone beat me to it.

I've got good news and bad news...
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
lets do the math. irmo loses more players than northwestern, and according to many their 2 best players (see the real henry's comment above). northwestern gets a region pool player off of its bench. northwestern beat irmo at irmo and did not play its best. so explain to me how that adds up to an irmo victory next year? trojans all the way.

H
goal kick
goal kick
H
I think Emmett Lunceford, a rising sophmore at Irmo, is more than capable of replacing Jugal. He'll be a better ovearll player when he's a junior then Jugal was as a senior. He's a more balanced player then Jugal and should play a massive role in the Irmo midfield next year. Daniel should be harder to replace but Irmo's backs as a unit are very strong and very young and should be able to deal with the loss. Overall the reason many people are picking Irmo is simply off the fact that after watching this yearj playoff game against Northwestern, Irmo was the better team in a lot of peoples eyes and was just unlucky to win, which happens sometimes in soccer. Thats why many people are picking them for next season.

S
Brace
Brace
S
I think clemsonsoccer could be right. Irmo returns almost their entire team that gave Northwestern all they could handle in the semis. Let's not get too carried away with next years predictions, remember everyone wrote NW off this year saying they couldn't beat SV and look what they did, they beat an undefeated team. I am saying this as a NW alumni but I just love to see great soccer. No doubt, State next year will be Irmo and NW...should be a great one but I'll give my prediction when the time comes.

In my opinion though, upper semis was a lot more fun match to watch than 4a state. Congrats to all teams.

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Well said Soccer2103. Two very disciplined and technically skilled teams. Great soccer to watch.

bench
bench
Northwestern will be a nightmare to teams next year...

ENZO,ALEX,DENNIS-TERROR SQUAD

They will most definetly have teams running around in circles...

ALL OF THEIR OPPONENTS WILL BE LIKE STEVIE WONDER...UNABLE TO SEE NORTHWESTERN

The only thing on the mind of a Shark is Eat, by any means and you're just Sardines.
Brace
Brace
Irmo will give NW a better match than SV did!

P
kick off
kick off
P
Will Irmo's 2 captains be gone next year? I know Jugal will be gone...

goal
goal
Yes, 2 of Irmo's 3 captains will be gone. Jugal and Daniel Lynch, who is going to play at USC.

P
kick off
kick off
P
So the one who looks like Rio Ferdinand is gone? Or the Cpt. with the bleached hair?

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
the kinda short kid with bleached hair is returning

M
brace
OP Offline
brace
M
Actually, the six foot '08 captain who marked Enzo so well is returning as a senior. Senior captains Daniel and Jugal are graduating. They've been a huge part of IRMO Soccer and they'll be missed, but the team is very deep on talent and more than ready to fill the gaps.

C
bench
bench
C
I'm going to try and put this politely as possible, but I do not think the loss of Irmo's two starters will have near the impact some people think it might. Like someone already mentioned, Emmett Lunceford will be more than able to fill the gap in the middle. If you watched Irmo play at all this year you would have seen that Taylor Varney, Zach Acree, and Kyle McCewan were probably the best/most dangerous players for Irmo. Leo McCufsky (sp) returns and the middle and maybe most importantly Kyle Hubbard who did a better job shutting Enzo down than anyone I've seen in the past three years will also be back. Freshman Matt Seiverding did an amazing job in the back and towards the end of the year proved to be the most poised and effective back for the Yellow Jackets. No one is going to argue that NW is not the most top heavy team in terms of talent, but I think Irmo will be able to field that most talented starting 11.

??? Offline
goal kick
goal kick
Irmo was loaded this year and Lynch was probably one of the worst starters on the team...so they wont lose but one and a half players and the players u mentioned clemsonsoccer, are pretty nasty and irmo will be very good

goal
goal
Was that a joke about Lynch or are you serious?

??? Offline
goal kick
goal kick
i exaggerated a little bit on his terribleness but he is very overrated and the team will be able to adjust easily

goal
goal
Haha ok. I actually thought he was overrated at first but when I watched him play, he surprised me. He's a very good player but he may be a bit overrated.

Irmo vs. Northwestern state championship, bottom line. I don't see anyone contesting these two teams.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
And you lads thought I wouldn't have anything to say... And I don't.

Northwestern 2009 State Champions, Plain and Simple

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
Anyone hear a rumor about Antoine going to Irmo next year?

H
goal
goal
H
Yes - and it isn't true.

S
throw in
throw in
S
WOW, Mike Bassett you are persistent in perpetuating this rumor. Thanks HappyDaddy for setting him straight.

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
I simply asked if anyone had heard it because I seemed to have seen it come from the player himself, but thanks for setting it straight!

S
throw in
throw in
S
If you know the young man, then go ASK HIM YOURSELF about the rumor. It's shameful for an adult (if you are) to spread rumors for the purpose of "Clarification" in a public forum.

B
kick off
kick off
B
You are a little feisty soccermrs

el tiempo esta arriba
goal
goal
soccermrs, easy, easy, easy!!!

S
corner kick
corner kick
S
steady soccermrs

-
kick off
kick off
-
I HOPE Antoine isn't going to Irmo Lexington will have a hard enough time without that!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard