Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
goal
goal
S
For my deaughter it's never been about friends, she enjoys a tough training enviroment. That's the great thing about soccer, there is a team for any type of player.

corner kick
corner kick
I've got to agree with those telling you to ask her. For some kids, playing with friends was a big deal, for me, it wasn't because I was sort of the "nerdy" player and I didn't go out and party or anything like the other girls; I preferred good competition and a cohesive team on the field to being able to go and hang out with everyone afterwards.

Otherwise, consider the skill difference between the teams. One's premier with half playing time...but what about the younger team? Is it challenge or classic? Have you checked out the strength of the league it plays in if it's challenge to see how strong it is?

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; [it] is also what it takes to sit down and listen.
P
kick off
kick off
P
My daughter played up last year and we faced the same dilemna. My wife and I joked that it is was harder to make that decision then the one on our house. It really was. I can only speak from my experience, but I will say that holding her back to play age appropriate was the best decision we ever made WITH her. She got all but a few minutes in every game this season with a great coach.

In the end, you will have to measure out the factors for your sepecific case, but know that we have been extremely happy with our choice.

Last edited by pitchparent; 05/21/08 01:19 AM.
I
goal
goal
I
how about playing up two years on a classic roster, versus one year up on challenge, gets all playing time she wants, either way? Has a very friendly birth date, Aug 17th. thoughts...

S
goal
goal
S
papa:
Talk to your DOC who probally knows more about your child than you think. Every DOC has a very good feel for who the top players are. If your child isn't quite at the top of their game, the team probally dosn't matter as much.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard