Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Hurst,
The winning is fun, I said nothing about the hard work involved in getting their.

world cup
world cup
Well put cht.

It's the old "Commitment to Excellence". You get out of it what you put into it.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
Talk is cheap, ask the Raider fans. They have that logo everywhere.

C
Coach
Coach
C
At the same time, in my experience, the players who can have fun WHILE working hard will put more into the game and get more results out than those who see it as just a job. See Hurst's tagline, for example...you have to have commitment, effort, and hard work, but a talented team who has fun is, on the average, going to perform better than an equally talented team who doesn't.

As for TK's statement, I agree...I don't think it's unrelated at all. Again, keeping other factors equal, athletes seem to perform better AND have more enjoyment when they feel a connection with the other athletes they're playing with and the coach they're playing for.

I've got good news and bad news...
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
The hardest I ever worked in practice was two-a-days for Coach Moody back in '80-'83. There was this feeling that working hard was fun/satisfying. The old ways of doing things this way are gone. Mostly for the right reasons :ie no water and keeping your helmet on for 2 hours.
The challenges today are joining the players to form a strong circle and accomplishing the "team goals" no matter what or where. This is needed at club, ODP, rec, representing your country, ymca, upward and even playing with your kids.
I will also add (as Coach Chass hates when I say this at practice) LOVE, love the ball the grass your teammates your opponents and yourself. That respect and compassion will free you to PLAY and as well as....if I may drop the "F" bomb have FUN!

S
throw in
throw in
S
Sweet feet,
Sara Johnson=Non club soccer.BC high.Plays golf,Basketball.
Layla Neal =Non club soccer.Chapin high.Plays Basketball,Volleyball.Both Ladies made all Region 4AAA,Also Layla plays Goalie Sara plays mid field .Both teams went deep in playoffs.Both also both made allstate in AAA.

Last edited by sancho; 05/27/08 12:40 AM.

sancho
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Coach Tim..Did you have fun? Think about it before you answer..There must of been something that was worthwhile to what you were doing? Maybe bleeding and sweating with your teammates?

S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
That is a great accomplishment for Sara and Layla to make allstate without any club experience.

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Sweet feet,
Sara Johnson=Non club soccer.BC high.Plays golf,Basketball.
Layla Neal =Non club soccer.Chapin high.Plays Basketball,Volleyball.Both Ladies made all Region 4AAA,Also Layla plays Goalie Sara plays mid field .Both teams went deep in playoffs.Both also both made allstate in AAA.

Not entirely correct...

Sara played for a number of years in the challenge league at CSC prior to the CUFC merger. She played under coach Heather Frederick.

Layla also played up until last season at CSC then CUFC in the challenge league. I think Layla also played one season on the premier league with CUFC.

"We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing."
S
goal
OP Offline
goal
S
OH NO Sancho,
Looks like my theory is holding true to form.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard