Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

Stop making excuses for losing!!!!!!! The poorest area in SC produce winning records and competes for Lower state championships every year. Whats your point? I know in those poor areas they can't afford to pay $1,100 to get sub training from a super club!!!!! So whats your point? I mean get me up to speed. High school is all about tradition unless Jesus Christ bless you one year where you get blessed with a lucky hand!!!!

Who's making excuses? Point is, athletes who have been training year-round and playing since they were 5, 6, 7 years old have every right and reason to expect to beat teams of players who only come out during high school seasons and many of whom have never played before. Effort in equals results out, and that's how it should be. Still doesn't mean that the young people who come out later in life, pick up and enjoy the game, and put a lot of effort into improving in a short time can't still be proud of their efforts just because they can't jump up and challenge for state. High school IS about tradition...and for some schools, it's about trying to change tradition for the better.

You make "excuses" for things you're embarrassed about. I'm not. If there's anything else you're not "up to speed" on, feel free to rant away.

I've got good news and bad news...
C
Coach
Coach
C
I am looking forward to seeing Cane Bay and Ashley Ridge develop. It may be a lean couple of years, but the experience may pay off in the long run; the younger players will by necessity get the field time, and there's nothing like going through the fire to develop players, as long as they keep their spirit.

I think the plan is for both schools to reach 4A numbers by the '10-11 school year, which will coincide with the next 2-year cycle for realignment...I would expect to see Cane Bay joining 7-AAAA and Ashley Ridge joining 8-AAAA, bringing both of those regions back to their original 6 teams in the next cycle.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Hurst:
That proves my point.
3A-HH same deal, all club players starting.

This is not true.

world cup
world cup
If you can get all those girls playing year-round (HS & club), Regions 7 & 8 will look like Region 2 in four years.

In North Carolina, Weddington went to the 4A final in 2007, in just their fifth or sixth year of existence (half of that Weddington team actually ended up at Marvin Ridge this year, where MR went 21-1 in NC 3A in their first season).

Also, Charlotte's Ardrey Kell went to the NC 4A state final game this past Friday night, in just their second year of existence.

Good luck to Cane Bay and Ashley Ridge. Hope they can get it going quickly.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
Hurst
On the Cane Bay enrollment. The way that area is being developed it resembles the Wando/MT P area of the 70's, the sky is the limit. This place is going to be huge. I use to live in a trailer park where there is now 200K housing.
I think they will be well supported and take second this coming year right behing BE.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Not if Ashley Ridge has anything to say about it...And the rivalry is on!!

goal kick
goal kick
I just don't understand where you're going with this?
I'd take 11 great players that don't play club and an excellent coach and 3 superb subs and play any combination of what ever you want.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Quote:

Not if Ashley Ridge has anything to say about it...And the rivalry is on!!

Heh, heh...and so begins the Battle of the Expansion Teams!

Love it!

world cup
world cup
I'm assuming both of these new schools will move up out of 2A before they have a real chance of knocking off Bishop England?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I do not see B.E. getting knocked off until they are put with the caliber of teams they should be playing..AR should have a feeder system as Summerville does with a local soccer club in the area.Cane Bay does not have a soccer club close by but with all that developing going on..who knows?

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard