Next Thread
Print Thread
#105677 05/25/08 08:29 PM
C
bench
OP Offline
bench
C
Ok so it's not real (yet) and this is not my first post. I do it anonymous, because I wish to be generic and not about me.
Here is to the Coach's Kid! They arrive early and leave later. Eat dinner later and do homework in the car waiting for the last ball to be picked up. Some share their father or mother with 20 other players. They sometimes get to hear just how big an idiot the coach is.
As a single parent and coach I am very proud of my son. Years ago I was to coach the girls only on rare occassion would I see his games. He wanted what was best for the team, it's been two years and he stands by what he said.
To all those kids who endure that double duty we owe you all a gatoraid and extra game of keep 'e up!

kick off
kick off
I think it's a great idea and well deserved!

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Quote:

Ok so it's not real (yet) and this is not my first post. I do it anonymous, because I wish to be generic and not about me.
Here is to the Coach's Kid! They arrive early and leave later. Eat dinner later and do homework in the car waiting for the last ball to be picked up. Some share their father or mother with 20 other players. They sometimes get to hear just how big an idiot the coach is.
As a single parent and coach I am very proud of my son. Years ago I was to coach the girls only on rare occassion would I see his games. He wanted what was best for the team, it's been two years and he stands by what he said.
To all those kids who endure that double duty we owe you all a gatoraid and extra game of keep 'e up!

DITTO

M
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
M
Agreed!
I sometimes wish I wasn't coaching for this reason. However, Bo Sylvia convinced me to stay with it. We, as coaches/parents, have a very difficult task. I overlooked my daughter this year for all-region (as a freshman) even though statistically was second on the team with 27 points (7 goals & 13 assists) and a great team player & fierce competitor. One reason is that I did not want people to think she was selected because she was my daughter (you know how the talk gets started). She is an awesome kid, #2 in her class with a 4.625 gpa and will be the sophomore class president. (Also, she had me for her honors geometry teacher-what could be worse?) We are building a program here and hope to see it continue and sometimes you have to make difficult decisions. Congrats to all the coaches & coach's kids who made it through another season!

Last edited by Meredith; 05/27/08 05:01 PM.
CJ Offline
Brace
Brace
People really don't realize the sacrifice that a coach's family makes for sports. I have two myself. One boy who is very gifted musically (rather than athletically) that is heading out to Clemson next year and a beautiful 9th grade girl that HATES sports.

God has a wonderful sense of humor giving me children that don't particularly care for sports and yet He definitely takes care of me. My homelife is completely seperate from my coaching life and it keeps me sane.

Link Copied to Clipboard