Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#105705 05/26/08 06:49 PM
C
bench
OP Offline
bench
C
Does anyone else think that USC's in state recruiting class is a joke? Outside of Danny Cates you have three unproven marginal players. Is Berson just doing this to silence all of the critics who always berate him for passing over in state players? It looks like he just took three kids who he doesn't have to throw much money at to come play on the practice squad for four years, so he doesn't have to listen to parents, coaches, soccer supporters nag him about taking more in state players. It's just pretty frustrating to see TONS and TONS of kids over the past five or six years with LOTS more talent get passed up by USC and now three kids on his club team get spots on the team. I know it's his son but jeez, Berson probably wouldn't START at NW, Irmo, Wando, or SV, but he's gonna play at USC?

H
brace
brace
H
im not sure if this is true at all schools but can't a coaches kid go for free.if this is the case then why not have your kid play for you.assuming your kid wants to be with you that much.

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
If I were a college coach and my son wanted to be on the team I wouldn't have any problem taking him, regardless of his abilities. (Football did this with Spurrier, Scott) Maybe he's on the team to gain coaching experience and be another outstanding coach like his dad.

If Berson is doing all this to silence all the critics... according to your post, it didn't. I think Berson, like all coaches in pro, college, high school, and club, is always dealing with critics and a move strictly to silence critics would be a waste of his time.

S
goal
goal
S
Clemsonsoccer07,
Did his kid make all state this year?

S
kick off
kick off
S
No...not even close to making it

soccer5 #105710 05/26/08 11:13 PM
G
goal kick
goal kick
G
this is very true..usc hardly ever recruits from in state

Greco3 #105711 05/27/08 01:17 AM
L
Goal
Goal
L
clemson 07,

why do you care who Berson or USC decides to recruit?

please tell about the players that the tigers have signed for next season and what state they are from.

goal
goal
Yeah it's not like this is a public forum where you can discuss your opinions or anything.

Last edited by The Real Henry; 05/27/08 01:33 AM.
C
bench
OP Offline
bench
C
Letme,
Do you care? If no one cared why would this website work? Why would people openly discuss the state of soccer specifically in the state of South Carolina? Isn't that the point of SCSOCCER? So we can talk about some things, but not South Carolina's recruiting class? Next time and from now on I'll make sure to keep my discussions centered solely around the school I attend because that makes tons of sense. No one at that hillbilly school in the up-state could know anything about soccer in Columbia. Everyone knows that.

Solomon,
I guess I can understand giving your child a spot on the team, but it is SUCH a stretch in this case that it is tough to watch. A spot on a division one team is not something that I think should just be given out, but needs to be earned and deserved. But like I said, I can definitely see where you and Berson are both coming from, but I guess I respectfully disagree. That still doesn't explain the GK signing. Players like like Davis Jenkins and Jason McCabe to name recent ones get passed over, but this kid plays for his club team for a couple of years and gets a spot? I just think it's pretty ironic and sad that he has four in state kids and four from his club team. Maybe get out and watch the kids up from CESA or something I heard they're not that bad.

L
Goal
Goal
L
no i don't care what you think because you're not interested in discussing- you're about bashing and taking shots at berson's son and other players from his club team. my question to you was - why do you care about who berson recruits? maybe your guys weren't interested in USC.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard