Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#105763 05/26/08 11:17 PM
goal kick
OP Offline
goal kick
Here is a question-A player is rostered who is injured and did not participate in tryouts (she can not play until November due to surgery.)She did show up at the tryouts and sat on the sidelines. Is this normal?

S
goal kick
goal kick
S
Yes, I have seen it many times..she will have to do a make-up try-out time and date decided by the club.

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
If she is a returning player and the staff saw no one worthy of filling that spot..Then the player stays with the team..This is normal.

goal
goal
I saw a high Quality Player from a team going to RPIII sitting on the sideline (At Tryouts)because of an injury, how could you punish or throw to the curb a known, if the players that are trying out are the unknown? For example at tryouts, what should a coach do if there are players that are trying out as good as his/hers from last year? They already know what type of players the returners are and might be gambling on the newbies. Best of luck to the injured player:-)

Joe Siatkowski Mauldin Soccer I fear no evil
S
coach
coach
S
In competitive (not social) club (and more so in a correctly functioning ODP) environment the point isn't to provide the most "fair" (whatever that means) environment to select a team -- the point is to select the best team possible.

I once saw an ODP coach put a kid with a severe leg injury on the field for 30 seconds and take her off so that she could meet the "minimum playing criteria" for making an ODP team. The player was the only one who had or did make it to the Region ODP pool from that team.

The only way to ensure making a team in these types of environments is to me among the best players...period. And since more kids may tryout the next year, you really need to be among the best 5-6 players.

Link Copied to Clipboard