Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
kick off
kick off
B
One of the worst USA performances I have ever seen. They couldn't possess, pass to feet, or even take a good touch. Pearce on the outside was worthless, and I felt that he should have come out rather than Clark. Where was the defense of the through ball to Gerrard, and did anyone else notice the unusual amount of back heels?

el tiempo esta arriba
W
goal
goal
W
Beasley is a joke, clark a hack and with backs like hedujk and churundalo you are asking for it.

Bad day for the US.

goal
OP Offline
goal
Painful just painful. Everyone was awful EVERYONE! Well on the US....

I did like Adu's touch though, it seemed like he was the only one who could control the [censored] ball and he didnt even do it that spectaculary.

I F*ing hate Eddie Johnson. If he plays one more drop ball he should be cut!

[censored] Painful I am not happy. Is Landycakes that important to this team. I mean I know it is England but it should have been like 5 or 6 nill.

Was that the US team or North Augusta High School???

I hate floppers
World Cup
World Cup
5/28/08

Beckham helps lead England over United States 2-0
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/soccer/fire/sns-ap-soc-us-england,1,2708065.story
Mattias Karen, Associated Press

U.S.-England thoughts
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/soccer_redcard/2008/05/us-england-thou.html
Luis Arroyave, Chicago Tribune

W
goal kick
goal kick
W
there was a good article on foxsoccer.com yesterday by jamie trecker just ripping into the US performance. he is right, eddie johnson was a joke and england just flat out ignored him, obviously the US lacks any creativity on or off the ball and even as a US fan I found it hard to cheer for a team with no heart, passion, or any sort of skill, we need to rebuild this roster, get the old out and bring in the youngsters

goal
OP Offline
goal
Josh Wolff I mean really were they trying to score at all when they decided he would start!!!

I hate floppers
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
The worst part is when you get the feeling of "oh gezz here we go again". That game could have been played in WC 06. we have come too far to revert that quickly. Maybe we are getting Arena back?
Watching the US cycle the ball from back to back and then seeing Gooch just send it Route 1 50 yards ahead, to me that has to be a break from the gameplan. Why work it around then boom it aimlessly over a midfield that just organized itself?
It would be hard for me to second guess Coach Bradley but I am sure only doing half a scheme somethings wrong there. England figured it out early that the US with the ball would be their biggest flaw.
Like it was mentioned with Adu when he came in it seemed like that was the first dribbler in the game. Dempsey had done his share, now he has to wait for everone to get to his BPL level.
Eddie Johnson must be one heck of a practice player. I have never seen a player be in so close to the ball and stand flatfoot. Then taking kicks that only travel 30 yards.
M Bradley didn't even play up to his level. Was he covering for Clark and that limited his range up forward? It just seemed like those two erased each other to me.
I never rip these guys because I am proud of them, but that performance was just sad.
But kudos to JP Dellacamera what a pro and our soccer voice.

goal
OP Offline
goal
Coach Tim I agree with you alot. I dont like bashing these guys at all but man they did not display any of the progress that they made from the new Bradley area in that game.

I hate floppers
goal kick
goal kick
I think demarcus beasley is a tremendous talent. if you can play for rangers and get some first team PT then you're something in my book. As far as Eddie Johnson, the worst choice for an U.S. international. watching him play for Fulham was like going to the dentist and getting a filling. Adu is getting better as time goes on.. those starts he recieved at Benfica are really molding him into the player he's destined to be. the person that was the most dynamic player on that pitch for me would have to be Gareth Barry. the man did everything right as well as pick out a beautiful through ball to Steven Gerrard for the second goal of the match.

"THERE IS ONLY 1 RONALDO"
Eagle#7 #105859 06/03/08 04:22 AM
W
goal kick
goal kick
W
demarcus beasley... did you watch the game? he brought nothing to the table, sometimes he shows up sometimes he doesn't, lets be honest, rangers is the second best team in there own city, so they can't be that great, the bhoys at celtic are a step above bud and beasley is so very inconsistent, though i am glad he is playing

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard