Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Can someone tell me how their fields are similar to a cow pasture? How do they compare to MESA? All CESA teams used to play on them and it wasn't a big deal. I certainly don't think the new wave of talent at CESA is "too good" for these fields. Disney definately should be the first priority but going to one tournament is stupid.

"Quit ball watchin' son!"
cabj12 #106040 06/02/08 05:10 PM
goal
goal
Shidoobie, I was actually beginning to think you were being “sincere” about having an ephiphany [sic] regarding what was going on at SSC, but then you made the comment "It was a vote for the status quo” and I realized that either you really weren’t sincere and didn’t have one, or you just refuse to accept any idea other than your own as being one “for the kids,” blinding reflexive attempts at obsfucation [sic] aside.

Goal Kick
Goal Kick
We couldn't find the MESA complex up there a couple of years ago. Did they ever get it finished? Why not call it CESA?

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Cause it was MESA before CESA even existed...and as we know from this thread CESA can't just take over anything they want.

"Quit ball watchin' son!"
cabj12 #106043 06/02/08 05:54 PM
goal
goal
Nice play, Cabby!

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't even know what this whole thread is about...too long too read. But I think it's stupid not to attend the CASL tournament and whatever the name of that one in Atlanta used to be. CASL plays a lot at the SAS soccer park which is pretty nice (nearly comparable to Disney) but I'm sure they can't schedule every game there with the huge tournament they have. Who cares how good the fields are? CESA should be up there regardless because of the good competition and college recruiting. It's not the shortest drive but it's a good fit for the CESA club.

And with reference to the amount of college players each club places...I'm sure CESA has more overall but they also have for players in general. A ratio would be a better indicator of which club does the best.

you ever been on one of those cow pastures at casl.maybe you would care about how good they are then.casl has their own fields and do not play on sas as much as you think.
im sure someone on this board is working on that cesa ratio now.

So, we should pull our teams out of the Southern Regionals to be played in a few weeks at the WRAL fields to protect our kids from the cow pastures?

regionals is a once a year thing. there are many tournys during the year as good as casl to attend.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Quote:

>>[DeltaDog] So, we should pull our teams out of the Southern Regionals to be played in a few weeks at the WRAL fields to protect our kids from the cow pastures? <<

You do understand the difference between a monopoly (where you play for regional championships is determined by a single body -- there are no alternatives if you wish to compete) and an open market (Disney is ranked higher than CASL Shootout and has what is in effect a superset of coaches attending), right?

I understand that if my kid twists an ankle in the parking lot at Disney before the first game, she will have missed every major recruiting tournament of the year.

if your kid did that then you need to get him/her some new shoes.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Coach Chass,

I wouldn't be too concerned about wasting the parents' time and money to go to Orlando, Vegas or Houston. Take the teams to a tournament in Charlotte. The Summerville girls seem to have a successful pipeline to Wingate. That will satisfy your D2 players. Your D1 candidates can get seen in-state by USC, Clemson, Furman, C of C, Upstate, Winthrop, Coastal, etc.

if i remember right,your kids team goes to the orange classic.why are you concerning yourself with going that far if you can be seen localy?

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Hammer,

Right on! No doubt the best way for a youth soccer player to make an impression on a college coach! Much better than rolling the dice at Vegas. Pick a school you are interested in and attend the camp!

Kudos to the S'ville girls who take the initiative.

(By the way, nice piece on the Summerville Boys Basketball team on ESPN today.)

seems if you attend a camp to try and get into college you are putting you are rolling the dice there also.they see they do not want you.

H
brace
brace
H
it is funny to see how many come out of the wood work to trash cesa.i know they have dominated the state for a few years now but it is truly amazing how much dislike there is for them.must tick some of you off to not be able to catch up.

Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard