Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
SSC's search for a DOC was unsuccesful..that's when they looked to CESA for help..The only thing we needed to consider in this election was wether or not this was in the best interest of the kids..You act as if you own something they want..Who needed this more? SSC idling along or CESA who is clicking on all cylinders? Your previous posts suggests that you had not interest in listening to anything they had to say..Talked down too? You based your decision on that? Don't tell us that..tell the kids that

goal
goal
Marco Aurelio: “i really do not care who was the correct idiot that started the war” . . . them is pretty serious fightin words. You must not be from around here. BTW, do you know the difference between and yankee and a dang (wouldn't let me use the real word) yankee? Nevermind . . . getting back to the original subject . . .

FWIW…it sounds to me like a majority of SSC parents really did want to make the change (or A change), but just did not care for Hyslop’s “condescending tone.”

I have had conversations with both Tormey and Hyslop, and have heard conversations they’ve both had with other people (hey, I wasn’t TRYING to eavesdrop), and while they can be just like you say, Marco, they can also swing the other way (no reference there other than to soccer diplomacy, or lack thereof).

Old Stool makes an excellent point – it is actually possible to be “straight-forward and honest,” and not “pull any punches,” without giving “attitude.” Remember, SSC is/was looking to hire these two - would you allow any of your employees (or anyone you were interviewing) to “talk down” to you?

Keep in mind also that many of these parents have experienced coaches in the past who have not had the best communications/diplomacy skills – and many still have a bad taste in their mouths from it – I don’t think they want to get themselves back into a similar situation.

Here’s another theory I haven’t seen expressed here: is it possible that the board of directors at SSC, after many, many years of low and/or basically non-existent parent participation, came up with a novel idea for getting these same parents to get involved? Said plan being, hire the current directors of a club that they knew many (local) people did not care for, change the name to include that of the “hated” club, and also change the colors to those of that same club; KNOWING that it was pretty much a win-win situation. The two possible outcomes they might have expected to see: 1) the new “managers” do a great job, membership increases, the level of satisfaction of members increases, and SSC becomes a sleek, well-run, profitable and highly successful club, OR 2) the whole idea of “sleeping with the enemy” infuriates so many people that all of a sudden, SSC now has large numbers of members volunteering their time and energy the way it always should have been, and SSC returns to a place of prominence within the state of South Carolina.

Just a thought…

corner kick
corner kick
coldhardtruth,

Right on.

What did the parents who voted "no" tell they kids? We did it kids we beat CESA tonight and you will not have to wear the "red or black" jerseys. You will still play soccer with the guys from last year ... unless they move to the other club to have better training...doesn't matter "We Beat CESA tonight".

Last edited by Kwai Chang Caine; 05/30/08 01:14 PM.
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Since we are throwing out thoughts..Has anybody considered that maybe they are trying to raise the level of soccer in S.C. Should it not be every club's responsibility to help raise the level of soccer in S.C.? Maybe we would have more interaction in between clubs if more were competitive..Maybe we would not have to travel to kingdom come if the level of play in S.C. was more balanced

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
you want to know soccer in the lowcountry? A handful of clubs fighting over a handful of kids..Check the websites..you will see the same names listed at two or three clubs..In four years my child has worn three different colors of jersey..Guess what?..Her skin never broke out and she lived to play another day

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
Caine,
I love beating CESA!!! I have that much respect for what they do..Most age groups the teams and the second teams they field are the best in the state. When you beat THAT!! you feel like you accomplished something

corner kick
corner kick
Quote:

Since we are throwing out thoughts

Maybe this contract between CESA and Summerville was the starting point for a united soccer environment in the Charleston area. The CESA team manages Summerville for 3 years and puts the structure in place. Then Summerville uses this to combine with other Charleston clubs to become next successful club in SC...

Just thoughts.......

corner kick
corner kick
CHT,

I agree winning against CESA shows your talent level and skill level have improved. Look at Ohio State they make to the final two years in a row and lose to the SEC teams. When Ohio State breaks through this slump they will have accomplished the end goal to be champions. But how do they get to this point? I would bet changes are needed. It looks like changes are needed in Summerville, Bridge, Mt.Pleasant, DI, JI and other ones I can't remember right now. I believe Summerville has missed a great opportunity with the price of gas going up parents/players are thinking about staying closer to home to play. The new CESA-Summerville could have swayed them to stay in Charleston.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

Marco Aurelio: “i really do not care who was the correct idiot that started the war” . . . them is pretty serious fightin words. You must not be from around here.

sorry man but i am from around here. i was born and raised here and there is written documents of my family being in sc before 1730.one of my direct decendants was one of the CO's at battery wagner when the 54th mass came walking down the beach.

"CONFINE YOURSELF TO THE PRESENT" MARCUS AURELIUS

now back to soccer

Last edited by Marcus Aurelius; 05/30/08 02:51 PM.
H
brace
brace
H
What is next for summerville? Do they continue on their own or do they try working something out with one of the other low country clubs?

We can all go to the boys thread and talk about jim rome.we would all get along and agree on that subject.

"DO EVERY ACT OF YOU LIFE AS IF IT WERE YOUR LAST"
MARCUS AURELIUS

Last edited by Marcus Aurelius; 05/30/08 02:12 PM.
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard