Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I guess the question now is...Now what? It was voted down so what's next for SSC? Or should I say who's next

cabj12 #106010 06/02/08 04:03 AM
H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

I don't even know what this whole thread is about...too long too read. But I think it's stupid not to attend the CASL tournament and whatever the name of that one in Atlanta used to be. CASL plays a lot at the SAS soccer park which is pretty nice (nearly comparable to Disney) but I'm sure they can't schedule every game there with the huge tournament they have. Who cares how good the fields are? CESA should be up there regardless because of the good competition and college recruiting. It's not the shortest drive but it's a good fit for the CESA club.

And with reference to the amount of college players each club places...I'm sure CESA has more overall but they also have for players in general. A ratio would be a better indicator of which club does the best.

you ever been on one of those cow pastures at casl.maybe you would care about how good they are then.casl has their own fields and do not play on sas as much as you think.
im sure someone on this board is working on that cesa ratio now.

goal
goal
shibooboo, you misspelled my name – but, don’t be disheartened - you are forgiven.

oldskool, that must have been a deafening silence when Hyslop was asked about the need for changing name and colors – hate I had to miss it.

chass, like I mentioned before, you seem to understand this whole thing much more than most, and I am even learning some history, to boot! Indians from the East, Empirical Britains, trading post offices, platoons of soldiers, cultures, fringes, light-bringers…geez, my head is swimming…

seriously, though, I have to believe that there was never any intent for CESA to somehow take over SSC. As more than one person has mentioned, it seems like there is something in the SCYSA bylaws that would disallow that from happening - not to say that Hyslop and Tormey don’t salivate at the thought, though…

C
Coach
Coach
C
Thought this to be significant to the spirit of this thread, with a nod to a fellow poster...

"Let it be your constant method to look into the design of people's actions, and see what they would be at, as often as it is practicable; and to make this custom the more significant, practice it first upon yourself."

- Marcus Aurelius

I've got good news and bad news...
C
Coach
Coach
C
Sorry, Belligerent, sometimes my teacher-persona hijacks my soccer-coach typing fingers!

I've got good news and bad news...
D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

Quote:

I don't even know what this whole thread is about...too long too read. But I think it's stupid not to attend the CASL tournament and whatever the name of that one in Atlanta used to be. CASL plays a lot at the SAS soccer park which is pretty nice (nearly comparable to Disney) but I'm sure they can't schedule every game there with the huge tournament they have. Who cares how good the fields are? CESA should be up there regardless because of the good competition and college recruiting. It's not the shortest drive but it's a good fit for the CESA club.

And with reference to the amount of college players each club places...I'm sure CESA has more overall but they also have for players in general. A ratio would be a better indicator of which club does the best.

you ever been on one of those cow pastures at casl.maybe you would care about how good they are then.casl has their own fields and do not play on sas as much as you think.
im sure someone on this board is working on that cesa ratio now.

So, we should pull our teams out of the Southern Regionals to be played in a few weeks at the WRAL fields to protect our kids from the cow pastures?

D
Goal
Goal
D
Quote:

...I'm just saying it's understandable if people think they have reason to get straight answers before handing over control to folks who are known for a "successful business model." Once a bit of control is given up, it opens a door for more, so I think people are wise to ask for answers to ALL of their questions before handing over the keys to the kingdom.

I agree, and it is unfortunate if a reluctance (whether real or perceived) by CESA management to answer the questions and concerns of the voting members of SSC may have caused a potential good for the players of SSC to fail to pass. However, my experience says SSC should get the answers up front.

S
coach
coach
S
Finally -- an ephiphany...

This has been great...and I mean that sincerely. I appreciate so many people spending so much time -- I've actually learned a lot.

I've poked and prodded to try to understand the situation; because to me it's been a no-brainer -- but the reason is that I was blinded by only looking at it from the standpoint of "what's best for SSC as a stand-alone club." Now I think I finally get it. It's not about names and colors or anything else that people threw up in a reflexive attempt to try to obsfucate the situation; it's about a relatively small group of very passionate people making a rational decision that they liked SSC being an alliance member club and Bridge being the club to which their children "graduate." It was a vote for the status quo.

I sincerely hope it works out for everyone concerned. Good luck...

C
hat-trick
hat-trick
C
I tend to agree with your statement..

Last edited by coldhardtruth; 06/02/08 11:43 AM.
S
coach
coach
S
>>[DeltaDog] So, we should pull our teams out of the Southern Regionals to be played in a few weeks at the WRAL fields to protect our kids from the cow pastures? <<

You do understand the difference between a monopoly (where you play for regional championships is determined by a single body -- there are no alternatives if you wish to compete) and an open market (Disney is ranked higher than CASL Shootout and has what is in effect a superset of coaches attending), right?

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard