Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
kick off
kick off
M
So with what you are saying is: these are NC "classic" teams which here in SC would be Challenge teams ???

C
Coach
Coach
C
NC "classic" = SC "challenge"
NC "challenge" = SC "classic"

I've got good news and bad news...
world cup
world cup
Yes, but NC's state-wide premier league (classic) is much deeper than SC's challenge league. Where SC has one or two teams that are highly competitive, NC has eight in this division that are very strong (and this doesn't count the two or three teams that are playing R3PL).

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
Coach P Offline OP
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
Quote:

I do not think SC has a level equivalent to "Challenge" in NC. Challenge in NC is played in local leagues and is a step above Recreational soccer. Our PMSL teams (Classic) are usually competitive with the NC Classic 2nd division teams and sometimes the NC 1st Divisions teams. So I would say:

SCSCL = NC Premier (in-state) / 1st Div (top half)
SCPMSL = NC 1st Div (bottom half) / NC 2nd Division

My U15 girls' team played in the President's cup in Columbus last week and matched up very well with the NC team that won the U15 regional championship. They were the NC President's Cup champions and played in the Classic 1st Division last fall. We lost to them 1-0 in a very competitive match.

C
Coach
Coach
C
Ok, there's the more complex and accurate answer for those who feel like elaborating that clearly!

I've got good news and bad news...
Coach P Offline OP
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
Georgia is even better organized. The girls' statewide league is called Athena and usually has at least 4 or 5 divisions per age group, Divisions A - E for example. There are usually 9-11 teams per division. Only teams from division C and below are allowed to compete in the President's Cup. So that would mean the top 20 or so teams are not eligible for the President's Cup.

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
Quote:

Quote:

I do not think SC has a level equivalent to "Challenge" in NC. Challenge in NC is played in local leagues and is a step above Recreational soccer. Our PMSL teams (Classic) are usually competitive with the NC Classic 2nd division teams and sometimes the NC 1st Divisions teams. So I would say:

SCSCL = NC Premier (in-state) / 1st Div (top half)
SCPMSL = NC 1st Div (bottom half) / NC 2nd Division

My U15 girls' team played in the President's cup in Columbus last week and matched up very well with the NC team that won the U15 regional championship. They were the NC President's Cup champions and played in the Classic 1st Division last fall. We lost to them 1-0 in a very competitive match.

While I'm glad your team did well,I disagree totally.

NC Classic 2 equals the bottom half of SC Challenge. NC Classic 1 equals the top 2-3 teams in SC Challenge. There is no SC equivalent to the NC Premier league.

K
throw in
throw in
K
I think the point that is missed and I maybe wrong, Is that NC is sending True "Challenge" Level teams to compete at a "Classic" level Regional Tournament. And when I say Challenge I am referring to the SC level Challenge. The Presidents Cup is for " Third level Teams. Not loaded teams. And even though the One team competed equally there is something wrong with the Set-up.

Coach P Offline OP
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
The President's Cup was started to give "second level" teams from each R3 state a chance to compete to represent their state in a regional competition. Because the states all have different categories and levels of competition, each state determines their own method for selecting who advances to the President's Cup. Below is what I have been able to find about how each state determines their PC representatives:

Alabama -- AYSA Division II State Cup Champions
Arkansas -- ASSA President’s Cup Champions
Florida -- FYSA President’s Cup Champions
Georgia -- GYSA President’s Cup Champions (C division or lower)
Louisiana -- LSA Division 1 State Cup Champions
Mississippi -- MYSA President’s Cup Champions (Division 2 teams)
North Carolina -- President’s Cup Champions (1st & 2nd division teams)
North Texas -- N/A
Oklahoma -- OSA President’s Cup Champions (excludes R3PL & top-6 OPL teams)
South Carolina -- SCYSA President’s Medal Cup Champions (excludes R3PL & SCSCL teams)
South Texas -- STYSA President's Cup Champions
Tennessee -- TS Division 2 Champions

B
hat-trick
hat-trick
B
I think the point is that their "B" level teams are a lot better than our "B" level teams. And in a lot of cases, their "B" teams are better than many of our "A" teams.

The top team or two by age in SC can typically compete against anyone in NC. Problem is....there are two teams in SC like that and there are 8-10 teams like that in NC.

So NC Premier + NC teams who compete in R3 typically = the teams from SC who play R3.

The teams who play 1 level below that in NC....play in the NC State Cup one level below those Premier/R3 teams, which is where they are supposed to be. But that level is higher, for the most part, than what we have at the second level in SC.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard