Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
World Cup
World Cup
Quote:

If it's that much of a bother, then why do it at all? My daughter fell into a similar situation her junior year when they won state, the coach gave the 'all-star' girls the all-star awards and deservedly so, but there was certainly no spreading the wealth.

Of course, the next year the team barely finished third in that same region and got knocked out of the second round of the playoffs and in large part it was because they didn't have those 'all-stars'.

With that being said, I believe the most-deserving should get the awards. Other players have 'team awards' that they can earn if you want to spread the wealth.

So there is no such thing as too many meetings? Either have a whole lot of meetings or none at all? I just can't agree with logic that dramatic. And why even have a meeting for the paper's award? Coaches should know their players well enough to nominate them in the order they deserve. In our competitive region, coaches are hanging on by the seat of their pants trying to win - not saying "Hmmmm...is #12 or #16 a better all around player for South Aiken?" I have several deserving players that did not make all region, but had the talent to which is why they made the all area team. Surely you realize every coach has different ways of doing things and the happiness of the kids is what is most important, not the personal opinion of the parent. If there was a clear cut "right way" of doing things - we'd do it. But looking at all the various ways regions choose their representatives, there is none. My way is patting as many deserving kids on the back as I can without diluting the awards.

goal kick
goal kick
This system, which worked very well for the Iraq national team, is based on a complex set of formulations by the Italian striker Gerolamo Cardano. It does not factor in hair color due to the fact that many female coaches color their hair and male coaches shave their heads.

Last edited by Farkas; 06/11/08 08:20 PM.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard