Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
S
goal
goal
S
When the work is complete at MESA, it will be the nicest complex in SC hands down.

A
bench
bench
A
It may be the biggest, but Manchester Soccer Complex will ALWAYS be the best and have the nicest fields hands down. I don't think anyone else will spend $13 million on a soccer complex in SC.

world cup
world cup
How about a joint effort between SC and NC in the Charlotte area? Manchester Meadows in Rock Hill and Ramblewood in South Charlotte are only about 20 minutes from eachother. That would be about 20 top-notch fields.

How many do you need to host a regional?

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
throw in
throw in
Quote:

How about a joint effort between SC and NC in the Charlotte area? Manchester Meadows in Rock Hill and Ramblewood in South Charlotte are only about 20 minutes from eachother. That would be about 20 top-notch fields.

How many do you need to host a regional?

Supposedly 16 fields at one complex....however, that didn't hold true for Raleigh!

W
bench
bench
W
Congrats to BridgeFA 93 boys after a loss to Texas come back and win 2 straight to advance to the quarterfinals. They play Concorde Fire at 4:00 today.

S
goal
goal
S
anyjones:
What good is Manchester complex if no one is allowed to use the fields? It takes a large complex like MESA to host quality events. If anyone hasn't had a chance to see the progress at MESA, you'll be suprised.

I
goal
goal
I
As info. SC 7 wins, 14 losses, 8 ties.
DSC green 2-1-0 best on boys side, Cesa 89 girls 2-1-0 best on the girls side. No SC team top in a bracket. Good luck to these hope they make it thru.

L
Corner Kick
Corner Kick
L
Congratulations to Bridge FA 93B on making the quarters. My apologies for overlooking them. I didn't realize there was another SC team in the u14B besides CUFC 93B. Good luck to them!!!

Coach P Offline OP
hat-trick
OP Offline
hat-trick
Quote:

I gotta say I saw something at these Regionals I'd never seen before. Player on the Girls U17 Sting Dallas Royal 91 team representing North Texas had the words "BAD A**" written in what looked like a tattoo at the base of the back of her neck. She got into a "verbal discussion" with the referee at one point during a game and flipped her pony tail up so the referee could clearly read the words. I was amazed. Not sure how I'd have handled it if I was the referee. There's no law of the game dealing with tattoos but the thought crossed my mind that action was tantamount to lifting a jersey to display writing on a t-shirt underneath the uniform, only difference being this appeared to be permanently engrained on her neck! Certainly brazen on this kid's part - no doubt made her parents especially proud. I've never seen anything like it...

Law 12 (Fouls & Misconduct) lists the cautionable offenses which include "unsporting behaviour" and "dissent by word or action". I'd have to know the nature of the "duscussion" and see the action to say for sure, but it sounds like she should have been shown the yellow card if she was deliberately lifting the hair to display the tatoo to the referee.

If the referee interprets it to be an "offensive or insulting or abusive gesture", then it should be a red card. But it seems that would be a stretch in the situation you described.

C
corner kick
corner kick
C
Marcus,

If you need 16 fields, there would be 8 at Manchester. I can't believe that there aren't 8 more within a 25 minute radius?

"Boys, even if it means dying on the pitch, we must win!" Marc-Vivien Foe 1975 - 2003
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard