Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
H
brace
brace
H
the only fields within 25 mins would be in charlotte.
i think for regionals, manchester would not be able to line up 8 fields and have room for the fans. it would be nice to maybe have state cup there. i was at mesa lately and sweet is right.it is going to be nice. they may need to expand the rest rooms and such to host something big.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

How about a joint effort between SC and NC in the Charlotte area? Manchester Meadows in Rock Hill and Ramblewood in South Charlotte are only about 20 minutes from eachother. That would be about 20 top-notch fields.

How many do you need to host a regional?

the only problem with ramlewood is the shortage of a concession area and restrooms. they would need to improve in that area to host much more than a playoff round.

H
brace
brace
H
Quote:

It may be the biggest, but Manchester Soccer Complex will ALWAYS be the best and have the nicest fields hands down. I don't think anyone else will spend $13 million on a soccer complex in SC.

it is a nice complex but i have seen some that put it to shame. the selling pitch to get manchester was that it was for the kids. kids are lucky if they get to step foot on it.a few tournys and some rec games is about all that has been on it.i guess it was built to look at.

throw in
throw in
Quater-Finals:

CESA 89 Girls - 0

BUSA Angels 90 - 2

CESA 93 Girls - 0

Charlotte 93 Blue - 1

PK's

Soccer is a game you just have to love!!!!
M
brace
brace
M
CESA took a well prepared and tested '92 Boys Premier team to the Southern Regionals where they faced outstanding competition within their group from FL, NC and South TX. All games were lost, but much was learned in the process. Congratulations for such a great run in 2008.

Looking forward to 2009!

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.
world cup
world cup
Sorry to see both CESA girls teams go out in the quarter-finals. Congratulations to both on a great year.

Looks like the 93's have developed a nice rivalry with Charlotte Soccer Club Blue.

Kids play sports because they find it fun. Eliminate the fun and soon you eliminate the kid.
S
throw in
throw in
S
Quote:

CESA took a well prepared and tested '92 Boys Premier team to the Southern Regionals where they faced outstanding competition within their group from FL, NC and South TX. All games were lost, but much was learned in the process. Congratulations for such a great run in 2008.

Looking forward to 2009!

Suprising results for this team thought by many to be one of the strongest of CESA's teams. But unfortunately, not much different from the rest of our state in terms of regional play. I expected (on the boys side at least which I am more familiar) to have more success--between CESA 92s, CUFC 91s and Discoveries--I thought one of those teams would advance to at LEAST the semifinals but DSC was the only one to advance to the quarters. The other two teams which I hoped would have success did not even make it out of pool play with only one tie and five losses between them.

Manchester--you are familiar with both teams--which was the more suprising/disappointing results to you --CESA 92 or CUFC 91?

G
goal kick
goal kick
G
The '89 CESA Boys were the only SC U18's to make it out of their bracket. Unfortunately they gave up a goal with around 4 minutes to play in the 2nd OT. They had a PK blocked in the first 15 minutes and dominated play throughout but Team BOCA from Florida did what they needed to do and game away with the victory. I was impressed that Charlotte SC was able to beat Solar 2 - 0. Solar looked very impressive in the match where they beat our boys 4 - 1.

Great run for a great group of kids...many fond memories.

GVLSoccerDad
M
brace
brace
M
As we all know, sometimes the score doesn't tell the whole story. In the case of the CESA '92 Boys, the team played fast paced, technical soccer with great movement off of the ball generating superior possession and wonderful combination play in all thirds of the field.

Over the past 12 months this team has had 1 win & 1 loss to quarter finalist South Charlotte Soccer Club, defeated semi finalist GSA in 2 of 3 meetings and tied the 2008 finalists CASL Elite once and Dallas Texans twice. They've proven they're ability to compete, but unfortunately lady luck just wasn't on their side during this tournament.

Coach Finotti and the team corrected the problems of the first two matches as evidenced by the game they gave South Texas on Sunday. STX was held to just a couple of threatening shots from outside the 18 and awarded only two free kicks, one of which was bent around the right side of the wall at about two feet off the ground into the inside of the back post and then the net. It was an incredible strike and I'm sure the kid didn't sleep all night thinking about it.

I can't say how many saves the STX keeper had to make, but it was easily five or more with one volley hitting the crossbar. The team will learn from the experience and be better for it.

As to the failure of the CUFC '91 Elite team to break out of their group, anything I would say would be pure speculation as I didn't see any of their games. They do have a ton of talent that came together very nicely during the Fall to win Region III East.

Of the 11 States participating in Southern Regional competition South Carolina is the only State to completely suspend club play during the Spring. All other states have rosters which are not frozen and to my knowledge each of them enter the tournament coming off of their own State Cup competition.

This may be a great example of two very talented teams entering top level competition without the benefit of having maximum "team chemistry" working for them. Such chemistry only comes from extensive preparation. A couple of weeks of training at the end of high school seasons certainly doesn't compare to the preparation each team had leading up to their respective Fall seasons where they were so successful. Not an excuse, just a factor worthy of mention in the overall scheme of things.

I suspect these teams will identify the common denominators associated with their failure to advance, make adjustments and have outstanding Fall seasons.

http://www.southernregionals.org/

Best of luck to both of them!

B
Goal Kick
Goal Kick
B
Of the 24 teams competing today in the various boys and girls finals, 15 are from Texas (11 from North Texas and 4 from South texas), 5 from NC, 3 from Georgia and 1 from Oklahoma. On the girls side, only two age groups (U18 and U19) were not all Texas finals. On the boys side, NC did very well, placing a team in all of the finals except U18.

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard